BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

Dreadful performance, disjointed, slow, sloppy, very poor all round.

Pears is never far away from that sort of performance. Spilt 2 and got fortunate and their third goal is an embarassment. Time to get Toth in.

Carter played the first real pacy winger that he has come across and failed miserably out of position. We need to get JRC at right back and drop one of the 3 centre backs currently in the side, possibly Batth.

In attack, as many have said and despite the comments about positive recruitment, we badly needed pace and didnt get it. Ohashi was invisible again, Cantwell needs to play centrally but looked like he would rather be anywhere else, Weimann didnt do anything and Dolan a lovely mix of needless tricks and a suicidal back pass. Cozier Duberry at least offered glimpses of a threat and needs to start at Plymouth.

Special shout out for £10m man Buckley for as bad a cameo as you could wish to see.

• Like 9

It’s inexplicable why Rovers were so poor. Not one player played well. Soft first goal and ridiculous second, and zero reaction to both. We didn’t deserve to score and Coventry could have had 5.

And another thing: why did some of the few fans remaining at the end clap the players? Embarrassing and bloody awful evening and now a long drive home. 

Fuming 😡 

• Like 3

Coventry were crap but we were a lot crapper! 

I don't know where these type of performances come from. I watched the whole game and at 0-1 I was still confident of at least a point. But absolutely nowt happened. Nothing. 

Got to make changes for the Plymouth game surely. Get Gueye in, ohashi behind him and leave Weimann on the bench. Get some bloody crosses into the box and see what Gueye can actually do before slagging the lad off. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Him and Pickering need getting rid of. Sick of seeing them featuring in losing performances. Tonight wasn't on them but they are nothing players. Dolan and Hedges dividing opinion earlier. Can we improve on them? Yes.  I happy to have them feature and be in the squad? Yep. Buckley and Pickering are gash.

Buckley and Pickering belong to L1. Worrying that both the strikers (Ohashi and Gueye) couldn't trap a bag of cement. Nothing sticks. Central defence is sooo ponderous and Carter looks even worse than Brittain as a defensive full back. Pears kicking is appalling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ve had enough of him,all the talent but no application,move him on in january

An absolute waste of talent. Had near enough every PL club looking at him when he broke through….I remember being in a lounge and there were 11 (ELEVEN) PL scouts in there to watch Buckley. Seems to sink back and regress with every year that goes by…

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RoverTheWorst said:

I saw this coming from the Preston game. QPR rubbish, down to 10 etc etc

haven’t been playing well! Osh offers little upfront after a bright start! 
dolan a headless chicken at times! Pickering ….. well…….

if your centre forward is on his own and is`nt receiving any service what do you expect him to do???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It’s inexplicable why Rovers were so poor. Not one player played well. Soft first goal and ridiculous second, and zero reaction to both. We didn’t deserve to score and Coventry could have had 5.

And another thing: why did some of the few fans remaining at the end clap the players? Embarrassing and bloody awful evening and now a long drive home. 

Fuming 😡 

I actually don't think it's that surprising. 

We've not been incredible, despite results. The squad got the cheapest revamp possible and we've surprised a couple of teams. This has been coming, it's about how Eustace adapts to no longer being the form side. Plymouth will not be scared.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ve had enough of him,all the talent but no application,move him on in january

Buckley is utterly clueless in possession and brainless when trying to retrieve it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

despite their slow start,coventry are a decent side and if you don`t put the effort in,like any good side,they will run all over you,plymouth have nowhere near coventrys quality but we still need to put 90 minutes in

I was looking at their team before kick off and the thought went through my mind - “ if these click we could be in trouble “. They’ve got some good players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, London blue said:

I actually don't think it's that surprising. 

We've not been incredible, despite results. The squad got the cheapest revamp possible and we've surprised a couple of teams. This has been coming, it's about how Eustace adapts to no longer being the form side. Plymouth will not be scared.

Spot on. Baseless euphoria will disappear faster than snow on a cooker before the end of this month. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was looking at their team before kick off and the thought went through my mind - “ if these click we could be in trouble “. They’ve got some good players.

Their squad cost a lot of money. Tonight’s performance was shite but our team cost a fraction of theirs. I think their forward Wright cost more than our first XI.

• Like 1

A better side would have destroyed us on that showing tonight. Neutral supporters watching that would seriously question how we were unbeaten. Our passing was absolutely woeful and we created nothing.

Still can’t understand what Dolan was doing for their second goal. We were in their half and he didn’t need to go all the way back…..shocking from him. He does have some talent, but sometimes thinks he’s Messi. 

We have to go with what we’ve got and I still think Gueye should start on Saturday. His finishing doesn’t look at all deadly, but his presence at least gives us a target and without him we look far too lightweight up top.

I’d drop Dolan now and try Cantwell, Ohashi & ACD as the three. 

• Like 4

Ohashi needs to go back to the role of super sub.  gueye’s physical presence and hold up is needed against the likes of Coventry.  Our starting three in the middle were man handled in the first half. Could get a loose ball, could make a pass, couldn’t win the ball. 

• Like 3

Played football myself this evening, as it was an obvious banana skin for the recent form. Coventry are a really bogey team for us. Sounds like the smart move, in the end.

As someone who heavily doubted Eustace last year and has probably been proven wrong by now, I’d suggest that a rainy night in the abject shithole that is Coventry is probably prime for an off-night.

Plymouth is a tough one with the travel but a big opportunity to batter a really poor team and manager to get back on track. One loss doesn’t make a meltdown, we all have off days, write it off and move on.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I love the guy for the goals he's scored, but Ohashi looks like he literally cannot play football at times 

The ball just bounces off him.Suspect he just got lucky in the first few games and now we're seeing the actual player.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Played football myself this evening, as it was an obvious banana skin for the recent form. Coventry are a really bogey team for us. Sounds like the smart move, in the end.

As someone who heavily doubted Eustace last year and has probably been proven wrong by now, I’d suggest that a rainy night in the abject shithole that is Coventry is probably prime for an off-night.

Plymouth is a tough one with the travel but a big opportunity to batter a really poor team and manager to get back on track. One loss doesn’t make a meltdown, we all have off days, write it off and move on.

Erm, Plymouth beat Sunderland on merit at the weekend...