BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. Dolan should start for me on Saturday and he would be the 10 role. Every player was bad last night in terms of performance

Only one of those players ran 30 yards to set up the opposition for a goal when the game was still delicately poised though. On top of that, although he was excellent against QPR, he was dire against PNE. Again, I like Dolan and thinks he comes in for too much stick, but you have to drop a player who does something like that in a run where they've been so inconsistent. He's also played a lot and does a lot of running, so I think coming out of the side could take him out of the firing line and get his little legs recharged. No reason he can't do a 30 minute cameo if ACD isn't performing.

Tbh I think part of the reason we're starting to flag is our lack of rotation. We have a bunch of attacking options of similar ability levels, and especially in a 3 game week we should be rotating them to keep them at 100%. I'd be resting Ohashi too, play Gueye with an eye on Ohashi coming on for 20-30 when the opposition are tiring and use that lethal finishing.

• Like 4

I think there are 2 arguments, whether he merits a place in the side and whether if he does play that he starts in the number 10 role.

No one stands out on the left because we have a lack of natural wide options and you could probably argue that none of our attackers would choose their best position as starting on the left. As a number 10, you have Cantwell who is the best of those options so to include Dolan means either dropping Cantwell who is a better player or moving him on the left where his work rate chasing back isnt as good and where going forward he isnt as comfortable.

7 hours ago, London blue said:

Potentially. The point being we allowed a team with such low confidence to boss the game. I couldn't believe what I was seeing at times.

You're not the only one.

I looked around me halfway through the second half at the Ricoh and it was a sea of faces stunned in disbelief at what we were witnessing.

After a poor first half you thought there would be an improvement but Rovers got worse, started by Dolan's imbecilic run back towards his own goal

The idiot wants a big pay rise by all accounts. If I were the manager I'd fine him and cut his wages after last night. He was dreadful - and that in a team that was dire from back to front for 95 agonising minutes

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Only one of those players ran 30 yards to set up the opposition for a goal when the game was still delicately poised though. On top of that, although he was excellent against QPR, he was dire against PNE. Again, I like Dolan and thinks he comes in for too much stick, but you have to drop a player who does something like that in a run where they've been so inconsistent. He's also played a lot and does a lot of running, so I think coming out of the side could take him out of the firing line and get his little legs recharged. No reason he can't do a 30 minute cameo if ACD isn't performing.

I said his role in the second goal was very disappointing But I would stick with Dolan in this game. 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No one stands out on the left because we have a lack of natural wide options and you could probably argue that none of our attackers would choose their best position as starting on the left. As a number 10, you have Cantwell who is the best of those options so to include Dolan means either dropping Cantwell who is a better player or moving him on the left where his work rate chasing back isnt as good and where going forward he isnt as comfortable.

We have loads of options for those 3 positions behind Gueye/Ohashi. 

Cantwell plays loads at Norwich from the left wing and had great success there where Norwich turned down a £30m for him from Villa. So your points on Cantwell seem very wrong 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said his role in the second goal was very disappointing But I would stick with Dolan in this game. 

We have loads of options for those 3 positions behind Gueye/Ohashi. 

Cantwell plays loads at Norwich from the left wing and had great success there where Norwich turned down a £30m for him from Villa. So your points on Cantwell seem very wrong 

We do but there is an imbalance to those options. Most want to play as a number 10 and there is an absence of pace.

You seem to think that Dolan will score 10 goals playing there, not much suggestion or evidence of that. Cantwell like many of our options is better centrally, but has the most quality. Cant see the logic in sticking him wide where we wont provide the full back with much if any protection, when he is by far our best player at the taking the ball in tight spaces, and on the assumptiom that Dolan can score loads of goals there. Dolan isnt as good as Cantwell.

• Like 1

No brainer to drop Dolan for me. I don't know who said it or in which thread but mistakes and/or poor performances of that degree have to have consequences, otherwise you're accepting that level of performance as adequate.

Dolan is passable at 10 when breaking at speed but during a spell of possession he's one of the last midfielders/attackers we have that I would want in the pocket. It has to be Cantwell in the middle.

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We do but there is an imbalance to those options. Most want to play as a number 10 and there is an absence of pace.

You think Pace is everything don't you? 

You seem to think that Dolan will score 10 goals playing there, not much suggestion or evidence of that.

Created the chances I think he could. 

Cantwell like many of our options is better centrally, but has the most quality. Cant see the logic in sticking him wide where we wont provide the full back with much if any protection, when he is by far our best player at the taking the ball in tight spaces, and on the assumptiom that Dolan can score loads of goals there. Dolan isnt as good as Cantwell.

You keep saying Cantwell is better centrally when his best spell in his career came at Norwich playing from wide left and Villa had a £30m bid rejected by Villa. 

17 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Bit damning when the MOTM was only on the pitch for 19 minutes (plus injury time), especially when it's not like he transformed the game with a goal or terrorising the opposition.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was more than disappointing, he was our worst player. So if you'd stick with him that's up to you, but considering he has been terrible for two of the last three games, and was our worst player in our worst performance of the season, why would you stick with him?

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It was more than disappointing, he was our worst player. So if you'd stick with him that's up to you, but considering he has been terrible for two of the last three games, and was our worst player in our worst performance of the season, why would you stick with him?

Cos I rated him and I wanted him in my team

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Bit damning when the MOTM was only on the pitch for 19 minutes (plus injury time), especially when it's not like he transformed the game with a goal or terrorising the opposition.

“Winner of the BRFCS Tallest Pygmy vote is…” actually given his height this might be misinterpreted…😳

• Like 1

Do we have a set piece coach and what sort of idiot coaches the sort of free kick that made an arse of Dolan and led to that goal.

I've re watched it a few times, had to stop doing that as my mental health was getting FU.

If we have that coach sack that fucker.

On 01/10/2024 at 22:08, simongarnerisgod said:

despite their slow start,coventry are a decent side and if you don`t put the effort in,like any good side,they will run all over you,plymouth have nowhere near coventrys quality but we still need to put 90 minutes in

There shite, lost 4 already, dont make excuses.

• Like 1

I think we had our head in the clouds before the Coventry game, we were unbeaten, but still had'nt won a game away. The last couple of games, weve been sluggish even with an extra man. We need to get a ruthless streak, and see teams off comfortably, like Coventry showed against us Tuesday night. Lets hope we can return the favour when they visit Ewood later in the season.

• Backroom

I like Dolan but I hoped by now he'd be more consistent. Granted he's still only 22, but he's been in and around the first team for some time now. He seems to benefit from spending some time as an impact sub to boost his confidence a bit, but then when he regains a starting place it seems to inevitably end up the same way. It's frustrating, but I do still see a lot of potential in him. I just don't think he's quite honed his game enough yet, and it's something Eustace and his coaching staff really need to focus on as he can be an asset if he plays to his strengths and improves his consistency as a starter.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I like Dolan but I hoped by now he'd be more consistent. Granted he's still only 22, but he's been in and around the first team for some time now. He seems to benefit from spending some time as an impact sub to boost his confidence a bit, but then when he regains a starting place it seems to inevitably end up the same way. It's frustrating, but I do still see a lot of potential in him. I just don't think he's quite honed his game enough yet, and it's something Eustace and his coaching staff really need to focus on as he can be an asset if he plays to his strengths and improves his consistency as a starter.

He’ll score 22 in Middlesbrough’s attack next season…just watch…

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You don't think form is important though?

of course but I think he is decent enough form and in the last home game he was very good. 

Everyone was bad against Coventry. are we dropping everyone who started that game? 

• Backroom
15 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

He’ll score 22 in Middlesbrough’s attack next season…just watch…

Maybe if he finds out next summer he has previously unknown Venezuelan heritage or something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course but I think he is decent enough form and in the last home game he was very good. 

Everyone was bad against Coventry. are we dropping everyone who started that game? 

No, just everyone who has had two stinkers in the last 3 games.