BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

Watched the day after, did not know the result.  Was surprised Cantwell started and Inthiught it might be a mistake.  He looks like a softy to me backs out of anything looking physical.  We were horrible, could not string passes together, gave Coventry ACRES of space all over the park.  Weiman, well he had a stinker for me as did most of the others.  Carter did well for the most. Powder puff defending for the 2nd.  I hope we are not just now finding our true level, Infancy us to lose again at Plymouth too, by a similar score.  Then a break for Eustace to turn it around.  We did what we do, cure what ever us ailing our opponent.

Carter looked exactly like a centre back playing at right back. He had a torrid evening with Wright constantly getting past him.

Cantwell out wide hinders him going forward and hes never going to be someone to graft and protect his full back. Get him in the middle and play around him. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our attacking players were poor at Preston also. So are we dropping each one of them? 

...again, no, just the ones that have been terrible (not poor) for 2 out of the last 3 games.

I'd also drop Pears for Toth. And Weimann. And Ohashi for Gueye. Weimann and Ohashi I expect will come back a little sharper after a rest, I don't think they're at peak fitness right now.

So actually yeh I guess I am willing to drop most of the attack. For the next game. I'd probably start Cantwell again, with an eye on taking him off at half time or 60 minutes depending how his fitness seems to be going. ACD and Hedges either side of him with Gueye up top. The dropped players will mean we still have a strong bench to call on. Like I've said, I think we need to rotate these options more, especially when their form dips.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

...again, no, just the ones that have been terrible (not poor) for 2 out of the last 3 games.

I'd also drop Pears for Toth. And Weimann. And Ohashi for Gueye. Weimann and Ohashi I expect will come back a little sharper after a rest, I don't think they're at peak fitness right now.

So actually yeh I guess I am willing to drop most of the attack. For the next game. I'd probably start Cantwell again, with an eye on taking him off at half time or 60 minutes depending how his fitness seems to be going. ACD and Hedges either side of him with Gueye up top. The dropped players will mean we still have a strong bench to call on. Like I've said, I think we need to rotate these options more, especially when their form dips.

I still believe in playing the best players in their best positions. No shoe-horning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Ohashi is probably in peak fitness given when the J-league starts and finish. 

On Cantwell, I wouldn't rush him at all so he would be on the bench with ACD, Ohashi, Weimann, Batth, Duru, Pears, Tronstad and Buckley. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ohashi is probably in peak fitness given when the J-league starts and finish. 

On Cantwell, I wouldn't rush him at all so he would be on the bench with ACD, Ohashi, Weimann, Batth, Duru, Pears, Tronstad and Buckley. 

Eustace agreed with me about Ohashi and agreed with you on Cantwell. I get the reasoning with Cantwell tbf.

Although you did also say Ohashi on the bench, after saying he should be at peak fitness so not sure where you stood on that.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Eustace agreed with me about Ohashi and agreed with you on Cantwell. I get the reasoning with Cantwell tbf.

Although you did also say Ohashi on the bench, after saying he should be at peak fitness so not sure where you stood on that.

I wanted Gueye to start had nothing to do with fitness but I wanted our target man playing and holding the ball up. 

• Like 2