BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

16 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Is the game on red button? I have virgin media but I have all the sky sports channels 

Yes it is on Channel 508 red button. If you have the streaming box all matches are on but if you still have the TiVo box only a handful of matches are available

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Its on Sky Sports EFL (the old red button)

I'm going but I have just had a look at the listings and Sky have it as being on Sky Sports+ and then on the red button for match choice. It's channel 412 on Sky.

There's a few good pubs in the city centre, and some bad ones. Avoid the Coventry Cross, Downtown and The Phillip Larkin as they're like holding pens for The Jeremy Kyle Show. The Town Crier is OK and The Golden Cross near the cathedral is pretty good. 

I tend to go to either The Gatehouse tavern, which is a rugby pub, or Hops D'amour which is a micro pub near a load of the bus stops. 

I was surprised, given the form book, to see that Coventry are strong favourites for this one. In decimal, highest odds for them are 2.2, ours are 3.7. The draw is 3.6.

Despite being surprised because of form, I do think Cov are more likely to win tonight than we are. The good run can't go on forever, and we have only looked good in the last two games against ten men (and even then only half the time). Weve been hard to beat all season though, so I think the odds on the draw are a bit generous.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, arbitro said:

900+ Rovers fans will be at Coventry tonight.

900 on a Tuesday night is great, especially with clubs doing their level best to prevent people getting a ticket.

• Like 4

I saw something recently, think it was on twitter that we have only taken 35 points from the 61 championship away midweek matches we have had since relegation in 2012.

Hopefully we can start to make that a little more respectable starting tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

900 on a Tuesday night is great, especially with clubs doing their level best to prevent people getting a ticket.

Despite everything that the Punekars have done to our club the one constant has been the away followings. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I saw something recently, think it was on twitter that we have only taken 35 points from the 61 championship away midweek matches we have had since relegation in 2012.

A little over half a point per game...wow that's bad!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Tough match but 2 points or more over the next 2 away games would keep us in good stead. If we perform we can be winning these games.

Genuinely nice that we have some selection problems up top, Ohashi has been a star but I think more effective from the bench, Gueye can cause chaos but needs to get back to his pre red card showings and dominate more, Cantwell is clearly class but do we keep building him to fitness, Dolan was super at weekend but crap the week before (and brilliant the week before that!), ACD is a bit of a wild card and we know about Weimanns class. 

For me Hedges would be out of the team but he seems relatively in favour, I’d be tempted to start Gueye and play Ohashi, Cantwell or Dolan off him, I like the idea of those 3 all playing when fit and moving between the roles. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Why’s he cycling home first, and then to Plymouth, rather than carrying on?

Not a criticism, it’s all the more impressive.

I’m guessing he’s cycling to all the games from EP,  but not necessarily back. Just a guess mind. It’s an incredible feat regardless.

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Our Tuesday night championship record away (since 2012) is:

P 39

W 4 

D 10

L 25

F 33

A 64

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I was almost as shocked by our Tuesday home record over that period:

P 37

W 24

D 7

L 6

F 62

A 29

I've thought for a while that home advantage seems to count for a lot more during midweek games, but that's unbelievable. I wonder if other clubs have got a similar pattern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Why’s he cycling home first, and then to Plymouth, rather than carrying on?

Not a criticism, it’s all the more impressive.

his dad driving him home after the game and then he's off at around 8 tomorrow. His remit starting every game from Ewood.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I've thought for a while that home advantage seems to count for a lot more during midweek games, but that's unbelievable. I wonder if other clubs have got a similar pattern.

I can’t believe other clubs have such a vast contrast but you never know…

Final stats before I bore everyone 😁😁

Points per game difference between our home and away championship records for those periods…

Saturday matches = + 0.36 ppg at home

Tuesday matches = + 1.57 ppg at home

Wednesday matches = + 0.78 ppg at home.

Edited by wilsdenrover

I think a 2-0 win tonight. Plus it will make all the Cov fans be silent. I live in Warwickshire (most people support Cov) When they find out I support Rovers they keep saying that Cov beat Rovers 4-0 at Ewood when Rovers won the premier league. 

I've spent the last few weeks believing Lewis Travis was cycling to Coventry and Plymouth and couldn't understand why he'd be allowed to do that by the club. Just told my mate about it, he sends me a news story of Lewis the fans cycling story. Boy do I feel silly

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Rileyt82 said:

I think a 2-0 win tonight. Plus it will make all the Cov fans be silent. I live in Warwickshire (most people support Cov) When they find out I support Rovers they keep saying that Cov beat Rovers 4-0 at Ewood when Rovers won the premier league. 

It was worse, it was 5-0. It was the only time my mum has been to a football match. I was there too, and we stayed iny sister's student house on Wren street, off the corner of the stadium. Coldest house in the UK.

Remembered another pub near the ground. The Cherry Tree on Lythall's lane. Not sure if it is a pub for away fans though.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr