BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Digital Tickets

I’ve seen it’s cropped up again lately on a few threads. There is obviously quite a bit of resistance to digital tickets, and getting all the discussion in one place seems sensible.

I’m not sure how aware everyone is of the following…

https://www.premierleague.com/news/4071456

But the Premier League are fast moving towards digital only tickets, and you’d expect the EFL to want to follow.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve seen it’s cropped up again lately on a few threads. There is obviously quite a bit of resistance to digital tickets, and getting all the discussion in one place seems sensible.

But the Premier League are fast moving towards digital only tickets, and you’d expect the EFL to want to follow.

I like the way the PL have stated supporter consultation will take place whilst also confirming this change will definitely be happening. 

Edited by wilsdenrover

32 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Is this supposed to be a justification for what the club are doing? We aren’t in the PL.

Edited by Forever Blue

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I don't think it will be too far having digital season tickets also. If we want to get promotion to the PL then we will have to fall in line

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think it will be too far having digital season tickets also. If we want to get promotion to the PL then we will have to fall in line

They aren't going to stop a club getting promotion because they don't have digital season tickets.

Says there is a 2 year "switch over" period if you get promotion and aren't digital only, although I imagine we will be digital only before any such promotion happens,

• Like 2

I've no issue with it, although I can understand why some people do.

I do have an issue with Rovers running their current ticket office on what seems like a staffing level where we are already digital-only, whilst still operating paper tickets.

Edited by Hasta

46 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

They aren't going to stop a club getting promotion because they don't have digital season tickets.

Says there is a 2 year "switch over" period if you get promotion and aren't digital only, although I imagine we will be digital only before any such promotion happens,

I know that but the way is going more and more digitalise is happening now. 

EFL will follow suit shortly as Miller11 says but I think Rovers want to deliver earlier than any deadline. I do think you need some flexible with elderly people who aren't digital 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

it's all about control. It's disgusting,  nothing better than a ticket on a fridge with a magnet or draw full of stubs . 

it's like self service at Tesco no point and alls it's doing is cutting jobs. I had jar of coffee tbe other day and woman says you can use self service , I shrugged and said nah I don't work here. Done it many times, funny the looks you get but they don't grasp it.

• Like 2

Govt driven all part of Agenda 2030 that will see digi ID and everything you do, probably even the co2 you breathe out, will be logged into giant AI run databases.

Saving the planet 😂😂🤪

Digital only supporters next !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

it's all about control. It's disgusting,  nothing better than a ticket on a fridge with a magnet or draw full of stubs . 

it's like self service at Tesco no point and alls it's doing is cutting jobs. I had jar of coffee tbe other day and woman says you can use self service , I shrugged and said nah I don't work here. Done it many times, funny the looks you get but they don't grasp it.

Don't agree it about control but technology is developing all the time and making easier available on an app and on Smartphone 

I like Self service checkouts most of the time. 

• Downvote 1

I meant all net down and can't use card...

imagine rovers v dingles 1st leg of play offs all digital ticket and net crashes and all rovers fans and dingles can't get in ..would you be happy when they don't let you in.

you do realise cash you can spend where and when you want , digital you only get to spend your money if they want you too

cash on turnstiles..bring it back

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

I meant all net down and can't use card...

imagine rovers v dingles 1st leg of play offs all digital ticket and net crashes and all rovers fans and dingles can't get in ..would you be happy when they don't let you in.

you do realise cash you can spend where and when you want , digital you only get to spend your money if they want you too

cash on turnstiles..bring it back

I can't remember the last time I have cash in my hands. Pre covid for sure. 

Times are moving on and we are modernise and embracing new technology to make it easier and faster for people to get things done 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Times are moving on and we are modernise and embracing new technology to make it easier and faster for people to get things done 

How is it easier for someone who isn’t confident using the internet, or doesn’t feel comfortable putting their bank details online? 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and when it crashes?

20 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

How is it easier for someone who isn’t confident using the internet, or doesn’t feel comfortable putting their bank details online? 

each to their own but the world is modernise and more technology is being used. Also why banks are making easier and more secure for online banking 

17 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

and when it crashes?

You mean like Asda system did this morning? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't agree it about control but technology is developing all the time and making easier available on an app and on Smartphone 

I like Self service checkouts most of the time. 

technology is improving and is being used to trace everything about your activities and your whereabouts,if you can`t see that then you must be naive,unfortunately you can`t avoid it

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

each to their own but the world is modernise and more technology is being used. Also why banks are making easier and more secure for online banking 

The world still uses cash too so why can’t Rovers? It’s not very ‘modernise’ to ostracise a section of the fanbase who can’t/won’t use online banking or can’t/won’t shop online. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The world still uses cash too so why can’t Rovers? It’s not very ‘modernise’ to ostracise a section of the fanbase who can’t/won’t use online banking or can’t/won’t shop online. 

certainly going to effect anyone over retirement age,seems a pretty stupid move imo,we need fans coming into the ground,making it more difficult for them is a completely insane policy

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mean like Asda system did this morning? 

not a clue , 1st I heard.