BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Digital Tickets

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

technology is improving and is being used to trace everything about your activities and your whereabouts,if you can`t see that then you must be naive,unfortunately you can`t avoid it

exactly..

phones listen and that's scare 

40 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

technology is improving and is being used to trace everything about your activities and your whereabouts,if you can`t see that then you must be naive,unfortunately you can`t avoid it

yes I know all that and I have nothing to hide with my life. clearly you do

23 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The world still uses cash too so why can’t Rovers? It’s not very ‘modernise’ to ostracise a section of the fanbase who can’t/won’t use online banking or can’t/won’t shop online. 

No where have I said Rovers can't allow people to use cash but we are moving away from cash more and more digitalisation world. 

I commented that ST will go digital shortly within the next couple of years whilst being understanding that some fans might not have the knowhow of digital world

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

wait till bug butties at half time.

The posh lounges will still have prawns it'll be the ones behind the goals who are treated to lab grown hotdogs and cockroach fries 🤣

Mind you after 5 pints of warm weak lager the sheeple won't bother.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

yes I know all that and I have nothing to hide with my life. clearly you do

you be the bastion of virtue,perfection and a shining example to us all😇

• Like 1

Oh yes a life of perfection 😂 if only that was true but going to the original point of thread, more and more people have smartphones, use apps and the technology is getting advanced each year so it's a natural progression we moved more digitalise of Tickets and ST's at football clubs, comedy clubs, etc

Edited by chaddyrovers

From next week Roverstore isn't opening on Mondays and then reduced hours for the rest of the week. Some personnel have had their hours reduced as a result. Quite simply the footfall in the shop has reduced and Waggott will justify it with that but people aren't going in as much because of the new ticketing method. And just like the banks closing it's a by product of technology.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/23/changes-to-opening-hours/

And Waggott still takes his £330m every year.

• Like 1

I know Reading FC do something where they have a members card that you pay for. That members card then makes tickets cheaper and every ticket or ST you purchase from there on in get put on that card. You only need to know what seat your sat in which will be in an e-mail anyway I'd assume. I think this system for us would be a nice compromise between both sides of the discussion.

49 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

and if your phone loses power or in London and it gets nicked ...yea honest guv I promise ya I have ticket. My phone takes about 10 mins to fire enough juice in to reboot it.

Isn't that why you charge it up before the game. 

Good luck to them if they want to nick your phone Abbey. 😂

1 minute ago, Cuppliance said:

I know Reading FC do something where they have a members card that you pay for. That members card then makes tickets cheaper and every ticket or ST you purchase from there on in get put on that card. You only need to know what seat your sat in which will be in an e-mail anyway I'd assume. I think this system for us would be a nice compromise between both sides of the discussion.

I think Everton might do something similar 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

From next week Roverstore isn't opening on Mondays and then reduced hours for the rest of the week. Some personnel have had their hours reduced as a result. Quite simply the footfall in the shop has reduced and Waggott will justify it with that but people aren't going in as much because of the new ticketing method. And just like the banks closing it's a by product of technology.

The lack of commercial nous is staggering.

Instead of asking themselves why footfall is low and then proactively doing something to increase it, instead they simply just shut up shop.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The lack of commercial nous is staggering.

Instead of asking themselves why footfall is low and then proactively doing something to increase it, instead they simply just shut up shop.

I think there is method in their perceived madness. I have been told Waggott is being seriously questioned by the Punekars about low season ticket sales/income and the lack of numbers buying hospitality after a chunk of money was spent on moving them around and upgrading some. The same person told me that the people buying hospitality in certain lounges is embarrassingly low. I don't know each individual hospitality cost but I've seen one advertised for £150. Yet Stanley can offer this:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's what they call being run by 'Progressives' 

Which means progression to money saving and profits for faceless business types and progression to the job centre for ordinary types.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I think there is method in their perceived madness. I have been told Waggott is being seriously questioned by the Punekars about low season ticket sales/income and the lack of numbers buying hospitality after a chunk of money was spent on moving them around and upgrading some. The same person told me that the people buying hospitality in certain lounges is embarrassingly low. I don't know each individual hospitality cost but I've seen one advertised for £150. Yet Stanley can offer this:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/hospitality/packages/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roverblue said:

I would actually welcome a digital season ticket, forever panicking that I have forgotten it (and have previously) on the way to the ground, whilst its guaranteed I would have my phone with me.

My Wigan Rugby season ticket is digital and is able to be added to my wallet on my iPhone. Assuming my phone is fully charged in the morning, there is no way my battery is run down, even for evening kick offs. Two grandkids season tickets on my phone as well.

This has been implemented this season and will also apply to Latics’ fans watching the football. A few teething problems in the week or so prior to the season starting, whilst the new system got up and running but as smooth as clockwork from then on.

It’s the future and the way everything is going. So much easier although I do accept some of the older generation may find things difficult and prefer to do things the ‘old way’ and be given a choice.

• Like 1

More cost cutting by Waggott in savings on heating lighting and wages through the winter. Quite how much he saves by this in the grand scheme of things is probably negligible. A drop in the ocean but will pay for the launch of the 17 game season ticket.

I can't remember if it's moan u or one of the London clubs and they have the digital season tickets but you can only use it on one phone. so you can't share it with a mate needless to say fans sent happy 

Here in peace.

Weve partnered with Ticketmaster this season and I’ve read lots of negative stuff about it.

Now personally I like digital and as a ST holder I can download each match to my phone (I can even forward it to a friend apparently, if only I had one) and that has worked a treat for me but there have been issues with enforcing loyalty point access periods and general sales issues according to a stories I’ve seen online. 

That said, I’ve had no issues personally and our issues might well be more Ticketmaster than basic digital issues.

This feels inevitable but I doubt the motivation of the clubs/game, when was the last time they made any change that was about improving the experience of the fans? Surely there is no real issue with allowing those that want a digital ticket to have one whilst those that prefer a more traditional one can have one of those 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Hmmm...might have something to do with it being a relative low income area.We're not all on 300k a year.

Now who wudda thunk it Mr Waggott?

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Abit disappointed in this news to be honest. I can see it from the club's point of view that's the numbers of customers ain't there to warrant opening 6 days a week and with working 6 days including Saturday non home games for staff meaning staff only 5 days a week but I always prefer going into the club shop and trying new shirts on or other items first before buying them. It is disappointed for any staff who have seen their hours reduced also. 

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Rovers pricing for Hospitality is over priced and its not surprised isn't attract more people. 

Stanley prices seems spot and sensible. 

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

My Wigan Rugby season ticket is digital and is able to be added to my wallet on my iPhone. Assuming my phone is fully charged in the morning, there is no way my battery is run down, even for evening kick offs. Two grandkids season tickets on my phone as well.

This has been implemented this season and will also apply to Latics’ fans watching the football. A few teething problems in the week or so prior to the season starting, whilst the new system got up and running but as smooth as clockwork from then on.

It’s the future and the way everything is going. So much easier although I do accept some of the older generation may find things difficult and prefer to do things the ‘old way’ and be given a choice.

I agree with alot of your posts and it is the way everything is going now. I probably would prefer on my phone as it is easy and can't forget it either. Tho I do conceded that some people prefer a ST card