BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Digital Tickets

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Thank Wilsden. No wonder fans are swerving at them prices. The whole off field operation needs an exorcism to rid it of the useless, out of touch people currently there.

the whole of the commercial side are a bunch of idiots,they see our location as close to manchester and because they hav`nt bothered to research the area and target market round here,they assume that it`s ok to charge premier prices

• Like 1

22 hours ago, arbitro said:

From next week Roverstore isn't opening on Mondays and then reduced hours for the rest of the week. Some personnel have had their hours reduced as a result. Quite simply the footfall in the shop has reduced and Waggott will justify it with that but people aren't going in as much because of the new ticketing method. And just like the banks closing it's a by product of technology.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/23/changes-to-opening-hours/

And Waggott still takes his £330m every year.

But but but but people will only lose their jobs if venkys leave.

• Like 7

Really interesting listening to the Scousers in my office , Liverpool fans, all moaning about digital tickets. Lad next to me has 4 phones on him today just to make sure other people can still use tickets.

These are young lads, tech savvy. All complaints about how restrictive it is, how much it's about control of who gets tickets and how. 

A lot of other issues which interested me about the club, so many walking away, not just digital tickets but the feeling of how the club treat them and football culture in general, one saying Digital, basically stopped his grandad going.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Really interesting listening to the Scousers in my office , Liverpool fans, all moaning about digital tickets. Lad next to me has 4 phones on him today just to make sure other people can still use tickets.

These are young lads, tech savvy. All complaints about how restrictive it is, how much it's about control of who gets tickets and how. 

A lot of other issues which interested me about the club, so many walking away, not just digital tickets but the feeling of how the club treat them and football culture in general, one saying Digital, basically stopped his grandad going.

At Liverpool they know they can always sell those tickets or season tickets to some Scandinavian who will pay top dollar. If someone decides not to buy a ticket or season ticket for Rovers invariably that supporter is gone, usually forever. That is a reality and concept the likes of Waggott will never understand.

• Like 7

It always comes back to the same issue, Waggot gets his 300k whatever inconvenience or angst the fans have or however many stay away.

Cut costs more in certain areas of the club and he probably gets another bonus it's easier earning that way at a club like Rovers than trying to get a bonus expanding it.

A real CEO at a club that has brought in 40 million and is owned by billionaires would be standing up for the people it employs and saying we have a duty to provide as many jobs to locals as we can. A few quid here and there saving ink and paper makes fook all difference in the grand scheme of things.

A corporate money driven outsider would run the club exactly as he does.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

it will send a lot of people to start watching non league or lower league ,where you can pay on the gate,have a pint and a pie for a reasonable amount,stand  on a terrace and watch honest footballers,the football is`nt the best but at times that makes for better viewing,sometimes i wonder why i bother,the club could`nt give a flying proverbial about the fans,if venkys don`t **** off soon i can see even more fans walking away

Wasn't sure where to put this, but seeing as Swag's methods are being discussed, thought this was as good a place as any.

He'd have cold sweats & sleepless nights if he reads this!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/13227017/fortuna-dusseldorf-letting-fans-in-for-free-german-second-division-side-playing-to-52000-and-are-now-top-of-the-table

• Like 1

On 01/10/2024 at 17:00, longsiders1882 said:

Here in peace.

Weve partnered with Ticketmaster this season and I’ve read lots of negative stuff about it.

Now personally I like digital and as a ST holder I can download each match to my phone (I can even forward it to a friend apparently, if only I had one) and that has worked a treat for me but there have been issues with enforcing loyalty point access periods and general sales issues according to a stories I’ve seen online. 

That said, I’ve had no issues personally and our issues might well be more Ticketmaster than basic digital issues.

This feels inevitable but I doubt the motivation of the clubs/game, when was the last time they made any change that was about improving the experience of the fans? Surely there is no real issue with allowing those that want a digital ticket to have one whilst those that prefer a more traditional one can have one of those 🤷‍♂️

I can see it now, dynamic pricing for football matches!

Don't Look Back In Anger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toogs said:

I can see it now, dynamic pricing for football matches!

Don't Look Back In Anger.

Indeed, you can see it now and it seems almost as inevitable. You get into the PL, Arsenal are in town and suddenly the fans whose families have supported the club for generations are priced out of the game.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I don’t mind digital ticketing existing, works well at other kinds of events tbf.

But I’d rather it wasn’t the only option.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I don’t mind digital ticketing existing, works well at other kinds of events tbf.

But I’d rather it wasn’t the only option.

Exactly. Rovers should offer an option for digital tickets/ST for people who wants them and paper/card tickets for those want that option. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2024 at 10:05, Bronzed A Donis said:

This digital initiative works (for clubs) on many levels.

Reduces costs of fulfilment - printing, paper, envelope stuffing 

Enables tracking of customer activity - big data, much to analyse

Prevents ticket transfers/resales

More secure processes

The “younger” tech-savvy generation is used to using tech for everything, older folks like me I guess will embrace it based on their comfort level. I welcome everything being on one device…right up to the point where I lose/forget my phone or the battery fails…👀

Regarding the shop - I’d be amazed if the gross profit on non-matchday sales cover the costs of the wages of the folks in there TBH. A weekday Rovers store needs to be in the shopping centre not at the ground.

I have noticed that when on-line booking of match tickets, if two seats are available next to each other, you have to purchase both. This has never been the case before. I have only tried the Blackburn end, I don't know if this is true for the other parts of the ground.

49 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have noticed that when on-line booking of match tickets, if two seats are available next to each other, you have to purchase both. This has never been the case before. I have only tried the Blackburn end, I don't know if this is true for the other parts of the ground.

Is this where you have put quantity required as two.?