Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 5/10/2024

2 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Toth

Brittain carter.Hyam or batth Pickering 

Travis  tronstad

ACD.          Cantwell.          Hedges

Gueye

Subs: Pears, batth or hyam, duru, JRc, Buckley, Baker, sigurdsson, dolan, ohashi,

Same as i'd go for! Regarding the 2nd CB option, would opt for Batth over Hyam atm;

image.png.f12c19cae7f9f5146e8e8be7d93b49ca.png

Not confident one bit though, feel like we'll get turned over again - 2-0 Plymouth.

• Like 1

Toth

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Tronstad

Cozier Duberry Cantwell Weimann

Gueye

I think that we need to bring in Toth. We know that Pears is never far from a mistake, it made sense to keep him in but he had a shocker last night and we know more mistakes will be round the corner. I would make a change now, Eustace wont.

Playing Carter at RB was only ever going to work short term but him there against anyone with pace is an accident waiting to happen. We have a player with history of being a good Champipnship right back who has been hindered by use as a utility man, put him back at RB and give the defence more balance. I think Eustace will stick with the same back 4 unless Brittain is deemed fit enough.

The attacking midfield positions are the most uncertain. Cozier Duberry has to start to give us directness we lack. Cantwell needs to play centrally, the question mark is the left hand side which was neglected in the summer. Weimann, Hedges, Dolan, Sigurdsson, its all much of a muchness, any of them can start, not as bothered who. I think Eustace will take Cantwell back out and restore Hedges.

Up top, its time for a change. I think Eustace might agree. Not totally convinced by Gueye yet but I would hand him a start.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Toth

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis  Baker

JRC            Dolan       Hedges

Gueye

subs:- Pears Batth Duru Tronstad Buckley ACD Cantwell Weimann Ohashi 

What an uninspiring front 4 that is. Our only flair and our only directness on the bench.

Tronstad doesnt deserve dropping either.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What an uninspiring front 4 that is. Our only flair and our only directness on the bench.

is it uninspiring front 4? or just the fact it isn't the front 4 you want? I want Gueye back in the team and being our focus point and holding the ball up with Hedges and Brittain providing the crosses into the box and get JRC playing in the hole and getting into the box where he can score goals. 

I could turn it back around on your team that you are obsess with moving JRC back. I just don't see him suiting how we want the right back to play attacking wise. I want Brittain quickly back in the team. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tronstad doesnt deserve dropping either.

I just freshen it up in midfield that the reason why I left him out. 

Toth

JRC Carter Hyam Pixie

Travis Tronstad

ACD Cantwell Sigurdsson

Gueye

JRC isn't a wide forward, he's a right back. Get him back where he's played his best football. I want to see some quality on the ball, hence Cantwell and Sigurdsson and for sure it's time for Gueye to get a chance.

Dolan, Hedges, Pears nd a few others need to be shown last night isn't acceptable, the only ones who start as re those we can't replace.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Toth

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Tronstad

Cozier Duberry Cantwell Weimann

Gueye

I think that we need to bring in Toth. We know that Pears is never far from a mistake, it made sense to keep him in but he had a shocker last night and we know more mistakes will be round the corner. I would make a change now, Eustace wont.

Playing Carter at RB was only ever going to work short term but him there against anyone with pace is an accident waiting to happen. We have a player with history of being a good Champipnship right back who has been hindered by use as a utility man, put him back at RB and give the defence more balance. I think Eustace will stick with the same back 4 unless Brittain is deemed fit enough.

The attacking midfield positions are the most uncertain. Cozier Duberry has to start to give us directness we lack. Cantwell needs to play centrally, the question mark is the left hand side which was neglected in the summer. Weimann, Hedges, Dolan, Sigurdsson, its all much of a muchness, any of them can start, not as bothered who. I think Eustace will take Cantwell back out and restore Hedges.

Up top, its time for a change. I think Eustace might agree. Not totally convinced by Gueye yet but I would hand him a start.

If it's so obvious that Pears should be dropped, why do you think Eustace will play him? 

I miss the days when if you bought a player who is better than whatever you have you put them in the side.

Mimms to Flowers in 1993

Filan/Kelly to Friedel in 2000

Pears has shown himself to be an ok keeper who can come in for 3 or 4 games here and there but he shouldn't be a regular championship number one for me.

Hopefully Toth gets in for this.

Tough side to predict... got absolutely hammered against Cov, everyone was very poor. A long long trip to the South Coast. 

I'd say if Brittain is fit he should come in as Pickering and Carter at full back really slows down us coming out from the back. Guyue should get a crack as Yuki really struggled on Tuesday, though I am beginning to get the sense Eustace doesn't rate him... Probably Hedges to come back in too. He gets pelters but we look a lot more robust with him in the middle of the park.

I'd be incredibly surprised if Pears gets dropped for Toth. He's broadly been good until Cov, and if we were itching to bring Toth in it would have happened by now. I would give Toth a go personally but I can't see Eustace going for it.

Not sure if Cantwell starting is the right call but now he's into the side I would be surprised if he was dropped.

Reckon the team will be :

Pears

Brittain    Carter     Hyam   PIckering

Travis    Tronstad

Dolan       Cantwell    Hedges

Gueye.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Toth

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis  Baker

JRC            Dolan       Hedges

Gueye

subs:- Pears Batth Duru Tronstad Buckley ACD Cantwell Weimann Ohashi 

No pace - or goals - in that side whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

I think the mood has changed somewhat, now we aren't unbeaten anymore, which was something of a false indicator of our form and too heavy a burden to carry indefinitely.

After last night's toothless display, where we capitulated to a team of sunday league cloggers, I'm not sure what to expect at the weekend. Eustace won't have been happy with the team, or the lack of cohesion that bedogged our play, but then again, he chose the players and the tactics... Having said that, our players appeared to have the expectation that Coventry were good enough to beat us, typified by Hayden Carthorse' petulant shoving of their player to the ground which earned him a well-deserved yellow card - Carter's facial expression as he made the shove was very telling 😉

Home Park is a long way to go, but even further to drive home from after a disappointing no-show by the team. We shall see if there really is something behind the claims of good man management bandied about by ITK, and given our recent struggles to compose ourselves on the long road, I'm fully expecting a reverse.

Head - Home Park Homies 2 Reluctant Roving Rovers 1

Heart - Scouser's Last Chance Saloon 0 Brummie's Brilliant Band of Brothers 2

Hold the Bucket, I'm Going To be Sick - Green 2 Blue and White 5 

COYB!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

is it uninspiring front 4? or just the fact it isn't the front 4 you want? I want Gueye back in the team and being our focus point and holding the ball up with Hedges and Brittain providing the crosses into the box and get JRC playing in the hole and getting into the box where he can score goals. 

I could turn it back around on your team that you are obsess with moving JRC back. I just don't see him suiting how we want the right back to play attacking wise. I want Brittain quickly back in the team. 

I just freshen it up in midfield that the reason why I left him out. 

53 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

No pace - or goals - in that side whatsoever.

The above shows why it is uninspiring. And thats why its not the front 4 that I want.

I would like to see the one player we have with a bit of guile and flair and the one player we have who has any interest in taking players on.

JRC has played his best football at right back.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The above shows why it is uninspiring. And thats why its not the front 4 that I want.

I would like to see the one player we have with a bit of guile and flair and the one player we have who has any interest in taking players on.

Cantwell shouldn't of started yesterday. He didn't get into the game at any point. 

Play Dolan and JRC in the 10 with Hedges and Brittain Provide crosses for Gueye who strength is this way 

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

JRC has played his best football at right back.

Under very different tactics as inverted full back. Can he provide the width Eustace wants from the right back? Eustace asked him to play a similar role going forward like JDT but he wants his playing from right midfielder side not right back