BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 5/10/2024

Another appallingly bad performance. Whilst we were grinding out points you can just about deal with them but if this is the sign of things to come we are going to plummet when the fixtures start coming in quick over winter. 

Anyone who had seen us for at least the last few weeks would have seen this coming which is why the talk of us being favourites before the game was laughable.

• Like 2

Just now, moerpho said:

I think the lack of Beck and Brittain distupts the balance in the team. That is why you need square pegs in square holes and not ‘projects’. It just goes to show that our squad isn’t that deep or good enough despite what those early games showed. 

Bad to horrible first half. Now give us some of that substitute mojo, Eustace! 

So put JRC or Duru at RB. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

If Dolan and Hyam aren't switched at HT I'm going to lose a lot of faith in JE, and question his bottle.

They're both obvious moves. 

To be honest, I've already lost a lot of faith in him with his awful team selection in response to midweek. I seriously cannot understand the decisions to retain the goalkeeper, defenders, out of position right back, formation, dolan, weimann. It can only be a case of "go out and show me what you can really do". In which case he needs to hook several of them at half time as they have done exactly that and are making Eustace look silly, here.

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 minute ago, DE. said:

Same as always. Mentality crumbles every time we have a setback. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. 

Also, the good run of games is due to us riding a wave of confidence. 

Once that confidence goes you're left with just the raw quality of the players to fall back on.

And it's on display in HD these last few games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Another appallingly bad performance. Whilst we were grinding out points you can just about deal with them but if this is the sign of things to come we are going to plummet when the fixtures start coming in quick over winter. 

Anyone who had seen us for at least the last few weeks would have seen this coming which is why the talk of us being favourites before the game was laughable.

I agree with much of your post but I have seen far better Blackburn Rovers teams , struggle at Home Park , it is not a happy hunting ground ,except for one famous day ...

We are just so much less athletic than Plymouth, we look like we are playing in mud.

Carter not a RB and getting absolutely no support defensively , Cissako in acres of space all the time and absolutely destroying him.

We are lucky they haven't got 3 they look a gear up on us.

We are still in it but it's going to take a big uplift to get a point

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Hyam appears to be a problem , think he needs a rest !

It's the yellow I'm scared of as much as anything. 

And we have a replacement ready in Carter who's getting rinsed at RB.

A youth team coach would spot all this, so JE better. 

• Like 1

Why didn’t Eustace change the  team? At least 5 needed to be dropped. Dolan should not play for Rovers again after last Tuesday yet he’s in the starting line up. Why? Carter is and never will be a full back yet there he is again. Poor by thd manager

• Like 5

The revert to type that many of us feared.

His stubbornness with selection and personnel is a massive cause for concern - did he even do any homework on Plymouth and their dangermen?

Perhaps harsh to single out players but I genuinely think we need to move Hyam and Dolan on asap - both flatter to deceive to put it lightly and to me their hearts clearly aren’t into it.

• Like 1

Honeymoon period is over now that players like Travis, Hyam and Dolan have had their pats on the back. Job done, now they can revert to trotting around and giving the ball away at any opportunity. Continually pass backwards putting us under pressure or trying stupid passes that they'll never complete in a million years.

Sad to see new signings like Weimann and Batth phoning it in as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

We are just so much less athletic than Plymouth, we look like we are playing in mud.

Yep, it’s been the case for so long. We don’t have any proper athletes in our 11. 

The back 4 must be one the slowest in the league. Travis and Tronstrad hardly the most mobile or commanding, then the likes of Dolan, Weimann and Hedges don’t offer us pace or power either.

Gueye is the only one with a physical presence, but we’re rarely playing it wide and swing it in to him as our ‘wide’ players are poor wingers. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2