BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 5/10/2024

Just now, yankfan said:

FFS!  Hyam mistimed his jump after miscuing his clearance. 

I'm not even sure why he stayed on the pitch. All game he's been playing like he'd rather be somewhere else. By far the worst between him and Batth.

I don't know what was worse today, Eustace or the players. What a diabolical performance.

Hyam and Dolan, just awful, no fullbacks. Same against Coventry and no changes. Takes our height off for Ohashi when there are other players contributing absolutely nothing.

In two games, whatever faith I had in this team has been shattered.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

why is that? 

We won 4 home games on the bounce. 

After scoring today, we should have settled for a point. Take it home

Do you really need to ask that?

Mentality, physicality. All lacking. We got some wins and should be grateful for the opportunities to have played against 10 men. This is not a good team and it is not being well coached, selected, nor led on or off the pitch.

I think most can see this when not wearing our blue and white tinted glasses. 

It needs a big rethink and a big shakeup for Swansea. But then it needed that for Plymouth.

• Like 1

What a difference a week makes

From eyeing top spot to looking down the league and seeing how far we might fall

Two pathetic performances and a reality check - this is not a top 6 squad by any stretch of the imagination.

And the manager needs to explain why he largely stuck with the team that was an absolute disgrace at Coventry. If I were manager Dolan would never play for me again

Just had a text from a Coventry supporting friend. He thinks they'll be in a relegation battle this season. What does that say about us?

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I'm not even sure why he stayed on the pitch. All game he's been playing like he'd rather be somewhere else. By far the worst between him and Batth.

I don't know what was worse today, Eustace or the players. What a diabolical performance.

Hyam and Dolan, just awful, no fullbacks. Same against Coventry and no changes. Takes our height off for Ohashi when there are other players contributing absolutely nothing.

In two games, whatever faith I had in this team has been shattered.

After the break we have to line up:

Ohashi 

siggy.                   TC.            Duberry/JRC

Travis.             Trondstad 

beck.      Batth.        Carter.   JRC/Brittain

Toth( but it will be pears) 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Said it at the beginning of the season, we've got an awful defence. Some decent performances papered over the cracks but we're not getting away with it now.

I think we have two very good (at this level) defenders: Beck and Carter (as a centre back, it goes without saying). Other than that, we've not got any real quality and it is really disappointing that CB and RB have not been addressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

From eyeing top spot to looking down the league and seeing how far we might fall

Two pathetic performances and a reality check - this is not a top 6 squad by any stretch of the imagination.

And the manager needs to explain why he stuck with the team that was an absolute disgrace at Coventry

Be nice to have an explanation for the lack of giving a shit after kicking off in away games. It just seems like the players aren't interested, almost like we're playing a friendly to gain some fitness. It's happened in all of them.

That reminded me of games under Mowbray when we were unable to deal with generic high balls in the box at the end of games with the likes of Lenihan at the back. The collapse at Leeds in injury time being the ultimate example.

Pickering needs to be tighter to the crosser and then someone should be at least close to winning that ball in in the 97th minute. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Said it at the beginning of the season, we've got an awful defence. Some decent performances papered over the cracks but we're not getting away with it now.

Travis is a problem too. Frequently giving the ball away, only seems to complete passes that are backwards or sideways. But we don’t have any alternatives in CM. Buckley isn’t any better as he processes the game too slow 

We won’t come up against a worse side defensively all season than Plymouth. We wouldn’t have had to be anywhere near our best to score 4 today.

Unfortunately of the starting 11 only Pears and Pickering should be able to look themselves in the mirror (although Carter got ruined at full back he looked a lot better in his actual position). Every other player who started gets a 3/10 at best. Should probably have been 5 changes at half time.

Every team in the Championship targets Pickering. He can't jump and is possibly the least mobile full back in the league? That is on the owners and their lack of funding, we've been too tight to sign a permanent upgrade for years now for him and Dolan; two players that wouldn't be out of place in League One.

If you are still regularly starting Tyrhys Dolan in the Championship it means you didn't quite recruit well enough, despite Gueye and Ohashi.

Separate note, the manager has got his starting XI wrong two games in a row now AND multiple changes should have been made at HT in both games.

Poor.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Travis is a problem too. Frequently giving the ball away, only seems to complete passes that are backwards or sideways. But we don’t have any alternatives in CM. Buckley isn’t any better as he processes the game too slow 

I have no idea if Baker is better, but after Coventry I’d have given him a chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

After the break we have to line up:

Ohashi 

siggy.                   TC.            Duberry/JRC

Travis.             Trondstad 

beck.      Batth.        Carter.   JRC/Brittain

Toth( but it will be pears) 

I'd be tempted to put Cantwell in for Travis and have Big Mak just behind Ohashi.

Make sure Brittain is nowhere near the first team.

• Like 1

Still think it’s not a relegation squad, but this was a very poor performance in the main and it’s concerning that so many out in that bad of a performance. A point would have flattered us. Players looked tired, but I’m not sure how they can be.

ACD looked good, JRC is a valuable player when he’s on it, Pickering’s days with us should be numbered, as should Hyam’s. Sympathies with Carter who is not a natural, modern full back but struggled manfully, which can’t be said for a lot of the players today.

Lots of work to do to recover, luckily there’s another meaningless international break to do so.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And the manager needs to explain why he largely stuck with the team that was an absolute disgrace at Coventry. If I were manager Dolan would never play for me again

Just had a text from a Coventry supporting friend. He thinks they'll be in a relegation battle this season. What does that say about us?

At the start of the season, did you expect us to have 15points at the 2nd nonsense break? 

Me neither, I think most fans are expecting a difficult season, unfortunately this is still Venkys Rovers... 

Reality is here now...