BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 5/10/2024

• Backroom

Said after Coventry this match would show if Eustace has really changed the mentality of the team. Forget the result, the performance emphatically answered that question. No change, same old. Hope we can get to 50 points before May and let's see how things are looking then. 

• Like 4

All those who said we needed another CB, another goalscorer and a pacy left winger were completely right.

But the fact we still have Pears in goal when we spent all Summer chasing a goalie, tells us all we need to know.

Absolutely terrible again today and we seem to be getting worse and worse. Eustace again got his selection totally  wrong and after scoring an undeserved equaliser, the game management was non existent.

It is a good job that our home form is perfect because our away form is shocking. 

Gueye again appears more and more of a donkey with each passing game. Hedges anonymous, Dolan is just not good enough and Weimann is too old to be flogged every game. The slow defence was ripped apart too often and Carter should never play at RB again. Pears in the main had routine saves to make but did well and was our best player, he had one typical spill but made up for it by improvising.

The subs improved things but it seems like Eustace has his favourites and will keep sticking with them. Rankin Costello improved us at right back, Cozier Duberry again improved us and Ohashi improved us. Cantwell didnt seem to fancy it and Sigurdsson didnt do much.

A great start has turned into a ok/decent one with Eustace making strange decisions and leaving us with a lot to figure out. Has the recruitment really been as good as everyone assumed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Said after Coventry this match would show if Eustace has really changed the mentality of the team. Forget the result, the performance emphatically answered that question. No change, same old. Hope we can get to 50 points before May and let's see how things are looking then. 

I think that is the way Eustace will look at it too... 

Woeful. Hyam and Baath slow, the former looked thoroughly disinterested. Pickering a monumental downgrade on Beck. Carter clearly not a full back. 

How did Eustace see Tuesday and decide Dolan, Weimann (anonymous again) and Carter at full back and decide more of the same?

• Like 8

Absolutely gutted for the travelling hordes, I've been to Plymouth many times, we usually lose and its a long way home.

You deserve better, this side under Eustace offer better, keep the faith, safe trip home, you're all a credit to the club. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely terrible again today and we seem to be getting worse and worse. Eustace again got his selection totally  wrong and after scoring an undeserved equaliser, the game management was non existent.

It is a good job that our home form is perfect because our away form is shocking. 

Gueye again appears more and more of a donkey with each passing game. Hedges anonymous, Dolan is just not good enough and Weimann is too old to be flogged every game. The slow defence was ripped apart too often and Carter should never play at RB again. Pears in the main had routine saves to make but did well and was our best player, he had one typical spill but made up for it by improvising.

The subs improved things but it seems like Eustace has his favourites and will keep sticking with them. Rankin Costello improved us at right back, Cozier Duberry again improved us and Ohashi improved us. Cantwell didnt seem to fancy it and Sigurdsson didnt do much.

A great start has turned into a ok/decent one with Eustace making strange decisions and leaving us with a lot to figure out. Has the recruitment really been as good as everyone assumed?

To be fair too Eustace he has not got a good to play with, a lot of Division One players there.. 

17 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

2 shit results but not unexpected. It’s a tough league.

Good start to the season though. Regroup and get some of our better quality players like ACD and Cantwell fit and firing. We also need our full backs available again. 

It’s not the 2 shit results …it’s the manner of the 2 shit results…Eustace should feel embarrassed today….either by his dumb selection following the no show midweek or the complete lack of balls of those in shirts! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Absolutely gutted for the travelling hordes, I've been to Plymouth many times, we usually lose and its a long way home.

You deserve better, this side under Eustace offer better, keep the faith, safe trip home, you're all a credit to the club. 

Me too, it is a long way.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I have no idea if Baker is better, but after Coventry I’d have given him a chance.

I’d imagine that Travis and Hyam are un-droppable for a yes man manager like Eustace. 

These are two prime examples of where we need(ed) an overhaul of our squad. They’re both weak minded and have years of constant championship failure, or at best plodding along mid-table.

They’re assigned as the leaders in our squad, but I couldn’t envisage anything less likely to drag us into promotion contention. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I think that is the way Eustace will look at it too... 

He simply has to. We still have too many weak minded players and no serious budget to replace them. This will certainly show if his man management skills are up to task. 

Remember, it was November before we started properly falling apart last season under JDT. We're in trouble if the same issue is appearing this season one month earlier. 

Edited by DE.

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

To be fair too Eustace he has not got a good to play with, a lot of Division One players there.. 

Whilst people have perhaps overrated the squad and certainly the recruitment, he definitely has a lot of blame for these 2 no shows. Persisting with the same players, things like Carter over JRC at RB and the same underperformers in attack.

Just now, DE. said:

He simply has to. We still have too many weak minded players and no serious budget to replace them. This will certainly show if his man management skills are up to task. 

Remember, it was November before we starting properly falling apart last season under JDT. We're in trouble of the same issue is appearing this season one month earlier. 

We had a lot of injuries last season and the top goalscorer. Scary to think this is the best we've got.

• Backroom
Just now, booth said:

We had a lot of injuries last season and the top goalscorer. Scary to think this is the best we've got.

Yep, think this downward spiral could be even worse if we don't get a grip on it immediately. The fact people are pinning hopes on Siggy says it all. The 15 minute man (on a good day) ain't saving us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whilst people have perhaps overrated the squad and certainly the recruitment, he definitely has a lot of blame for these 2 no shows. Persisting with the same players, things like Carter over JRC at RB and the same underperformers in attack.

I would agree but JRC is not fit a lot of the time, for whatever reason... 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Does anyone forsee big changes ahead of the next game? I think the front 4 should all be replaced, as well as new full backs. But I would predict maybe one or two changes.

The back 4 will - or should - most certainly change at the least.

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

How we can run Dolan out there over Cantwell is mind boggling. Unless you get credit for needless step overs and 360 turns, Dolan should never start over him. 

Dolan over Ohashi is mind boggling after his big slip up at Coventry. Just start your best striker, have your big lad holding up the ball and providing nod downs for him, have Cantwell in midfield providing a bit of creativity. Duberry on the right providing pace.

• Like 7