BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 5/10/2024

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, ruggles1995 said:

I think there is so much over reaction on socials and this forum at times its painful. Its almost like your reading bots online at times, or whether people are just after a reaction. Its like people cant take losing, nobody likes it but you need to learn to take it, in a way where its logical reasoning. Saturday is firmly on the manager. Not all players are good at certain jobs and tactics in terms of individuals strengths and weaknesses. Our defence of pickering, batth hyam and carter are always going to struggle when having to defend high against pace. Eustace obviously set the team up to press high from plymouths goal kicks etc, and that means your back lines tight and high up the pitch. Soon as they got through our press we were in danger. The first goal came from not winning the press high up, hedges almost won the press but didn't and then we were exposed, the ball got played wide and naturally our back line kept retreating because the attackers are rapid, hence the room the player got in the box to put it in when the cross came in, everyone's natural instinct was retreat lower and lower because they aren't quick enough. Carters side was getting battered at the start. You either accommodate it with a pacey winger in front of Carter (eg. dubbery) to help him or you put someone with pace in that position (eg duru) to try to nullify it playing a high line. Teams will create chances especially when its your home ground, but we started the game on the front foot, which meant when you lose the ball high your leaving a lot of open space for the opposition which we did, which is why every time they attacked they had a lot more space and ease to get through. Then when we did have to sit in and win the ball back we had zero outlets because we had no direct players on to go in behind Gueye, dolan and co all want to come short to get it. The group of players Saturday just was not the correct combined 11 to start that game. Dolans been dreadful recently but you cant say he hasn't done ok at the start of the season. Its thing like this is where Eustace has to know what will work for each game, I think he underestimated Plymouths attacking threat, and I think most our fanbase does to, our way of playing saturday was always going to give plymouth chances with the 11 we started. Their front 4 will cause most teams in thuis problems at their own place. Soon as we bought on Dubbery with legs to get at players it helped us get up the pitch better, cantwell also coming on helped the ball stick a bit better. I even read posts of cantwell was rubbish... I've no idea what game those people are watching, he was brilliant when he came on, worked his nuts off and tried to get on the ball at every opportunity, a lot more was created an we kept the ball better than we did in the first half. Just because hes a wet flannel at trying to tackle and header people immediately think hes awful NO thats simply not his game, there are not many players especially championship level that give you the full package as a player, thats why its important you get a BALANCED 11 players that can nullify the particular strengths of an opposition and exploit the particular weakness defensively of an opposition, and thats where the correct team selection comes into it from Eustace. 

I also think Carter and Batth are our strongest cb partnership. I also think Gueye and Yuki would look alot better with certain players around them, they are not the best, but Gueye could be affective enough with certain individuals around him, for instance a cantwell and Dubbery might make Gueye look at lot more affective. 

Btw we also created a fair few chances Saturday, plymouth more so. A better performance than Tuesday, but a very naive one from our gaffer. Rant over. Lets hope Eustace learns, if not, then it will be a frustrating season. 

Who died and made you the over and under reaction police? (I jest).

There’s a bit too much morality about how fans should react to a defeat and I just find it frustrating.

But fans are bound to be annoyed that we lost on Saturday, never mind that it was right at the death, after getting back into it, especially if you’re a fan and you’ve travelled that distance to watch us not bother defending deep into injury time.

• Like 4

@ruggles1995 you have gone down the route that many do of trying to make out as if you are a level head amidst the general fanbase as if they cant react rationally to a defeat. 

But then you have gone on to constructively point out areas where the manager messed up at the weekend, notably the defensive set up, and a generally imbalanced starting 11. Isnt that what those who you accused of being bots such is their overreaction were also doing?

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@ruggles1995 you have gone down the route that many do of trying to make out as if you are a level head amidst the general fanbase as if they cant react rationally to a defeat. 

But then you have gone on to constructively point out areas where the manager messed up at the weekend, notably the defensive set up, and a generally imbalanced starting 11. Isnt that what those who you accused of being bots such is their overreaction were also doing?

when I said 'socials' I probably should said more aimed at twitter warriors. Some of reactions are aimed at certain player individuals which are quite uncalled for. 

Yes we lost two on the bounce but that happens in the championship especially away

We now have 

-A break

-Two home games in a row

We will we regroup, review the tactics. Review the learning and have two home games to come back to.

Exciting times ahead.

Come on rovers 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yes we lost two on the bounce but that happens in the championship especially away

We now have 

-A break

-Two home games in a row

We will we regroup, review the tactics. Review the learning and have two home games to come back to.

Exciting times ahead.

Come on rovers 

are you related to chaddy  ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ABBEY said:

If we've any ambitions this season, we need to start winning away games. We did have a couple missing in defence for the last 2 aways, Owen Beck and Brittain who's almost fit, but still recovering from injury. They should be back after the international break, the important thing is trying to keep our 100% record at home, then trying to pick up points away.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2024 at 15:36, roversfan99 said:

Nothing about the game plan worked. The way we set up purposefully leaving our better attackers on the bench meant we offered nothing in attack which invited pressure and we were lucky to keep it only to 1 nil, down to a mixture of poor finishing and a few saves rather than by design.

The idea that we cant go to Plymouth with the intention (carried out with some convinction) of getting a win is ridiculous. His overly negative gameplan was counterproductive.

The thing is the tactics subsequently made us more vulnerable defensively because we were so passive. I wouldnt expect gung ho attacking but we should be starting our attackers with more quality to try and impose an attacking threat rather than just trying to cling on.

They could have had a number of other goals though. Its counterproductive to have such a negative mindset where you purposefully leave your better attackers on the bench.

Their attacking players certainly did influence the game moreso as a result of the tactics. Cissoko had a field day running at a centre back playing out of position. 

Can you see Liverpool leaving Sala ore Diaz on the subs bench, ore Man city leaving Haaland on the bench. To win games you need to have an attacking formation.

23 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Can you see Liverpool leaving Sala ore Diaz on the subs bench, ore Man city leaving Haaland on the bench. To win games you need to have an attacking formation.

I dont even think we need to go really attacking by any means. But yeah, to try and tactically leave your better attackers on the bench for an hour as a ploy is just totally bizarre and doesnt reflect well on the manager. You need to try and impose yourself on the opposition, to admit that your intention was purely to cling on for an hour before having a go made no sense.

The thing is, we werent even defensively solid by any means. Probably partly because we didnt offer a threat at the other end, Plymouth should have been further ahead such was their dominance.

Eustace needs to prove that he can get the best out of our flair players like Cantwell and Cozier Duberry.

• Like 3

I think it's the last time we'll see that set of players in the starting like up. Think Eustice has been cautious with new signings, bedding them in slowly. Another international break will see them up to speed and more pressure and options applied to the first 11.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Lol.

I'm trying to be realistic im not delirious

I've been to a couple of away games this season, we haven't been great away of course and he keeps saying there will be bumps in the road.

Let's see how we react after the break and at home. Stay positive.

We all know the real fault here but we can't do anything about it but get behind the team and keep showing great support. Particularly at ewood

On 07/10/2024 at 22:08, roversfan99 said:

I dont even think we need to go really attacking by any means. But yeah, to try and tactically leave your better attackers on the bench for an hour as a ploy is just totally bizarre and doesnt reflect well on the manager. You need to try and impose yourself on the opposition, to admit that your intention was purely to cling on for an hour before having a go made no sense.

The thing is, we werent even defensively solid by any means. Probably partly because we didnt offer a threat at the other end, Plymouth should have been further ahead such was their dominance.

Eustace needs to prove that he can get the best out of our flair players like Cantwell and Cozier Duberry.

If your going to try and hang on for a point for most of the game, your going to be under the cosh for most of the game. Fortune favours the brave, play an attacking formation, and go for it.

On 07/10/2024 at 22:41, ben_the_beast said:

I think it's the last time we'll see that set of players in the starting like up. Think Eustice has been cautious with new signings, bedding them in slowly. Another international break will see them up to speed and more pressure and options applied to the first 11.

Were still in a decent position at the moment, with players back after the international break, but any more slip ups might have the Ewood alarm bells ringing. Let's put things right at Ewood, and keep our 100% home record intact.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2024 at 07:51, NeilInBristol said:

Lol.

I'm trying to be realistic im not delirious..

We all know the real fault here but we can't do anything about it but get behind the team and keep showing great support. Particularly at ewood

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Can't you support the team and hate the owners? I mean, I do.

Literally read my comments before you reply ??

Edited by NeilInBristol
Making my point!

On 07/10/2024 at 14:48, NeilInBristol said:

We now have 

-A break

-Two home games in a row

Exciting times ahead.

Come on rovers 

Come on you Rovers!! Another home win. 5 on the bounce.. the last time we did that we won the league so let's not dismiss it! Great home from so far. 

Pears got another home clean sheet.. got to applaud the team.

Another home game coming up!!

1-0 to the Rovers