BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 5/10/2024

I thought Travis was leggy midweek. I'd go as follows although if Dolan / ACD was a tough call.

Toth

Brittain.   Carter    Batth   Pickering 

Baker       Tronstad
ACD       Cantwell         Hedges

Gueye

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'd give them a call first thing tomorrow and let them know. They are going off sale at noon but I'd expect them to be sending some down for collection. If it doesn't look like yours will get to you I'd hope they could send you a replacement down for collection.

Hasn't arrived so called them, pick it up at the away turnstile before the game. 🙄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Ex Dingle signs for Plymouth. Hopefully he won't be playing tomorrow.

Well he hasn't played since May and won't have had a pre-season, so using the logic most of our fans have with Todd Cantwell he won't be fit until well into November. However let's see.....

Edited by Hasta

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

I thought Travis was leggy midweek. I'd go as follows although if Dolan / ACD was a tough call.

Toth

Brittain.   Carter    Batth   Pickering 

Baker       Tronstad
ACD       Cantwell         Hedges

Gueye

I think there needs to be some changes following Tuesdays dismal effort.

Wouldn't be against the above. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

We are due a bloody win down there i can't recall one since the Speedie hatrick !

Seems the team travelled down yesterday so the prep should be ok for this one.

Did they pick Speedie up on the way? Oh how I wish he was 30 years younger.

• Like 1

Realize this won't be the team tomorrow, but maybe going forward , and getting both Yuki and Gueye into the same side , means a change of formation to ,3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 if you like. Something like this 

Pears/Toth

Carter.         Batth.        Hyam

Brittain/ACD    Tronstad.     Travis.    Beck

Cantwell

Yuki.        Gueye

Dolan and Hedges also could cover either wide position 

It's the only way I see both strikers playing together?

Edited by Tugayisgod

The front line needs freshening up. Gueye, Hedges, ACD to come in for Weimann, Cantwell, and Ohashi. I don't think Cantwell has enough in his legs for 2 starts in the same week at the moment.

The defence and midfield had a poor game on Tuesday like everyone else but the spine of the team has been good this season so I wouldn't be changing that after one bad game.

I'd would bring in Toth but I don't think Pears will be dropped yet as he's had a solid start to the season.

We're lacking quality in the full back positions at the moment with Beck and Brittain out. Pickering is a plodder who does an OK job defensively, whereas Carter is a very good defender but not a natural fall back. 

• Like 1

Plymouth looking decent at home, us not so much away from home. A draw would be a good result looking at the form book. We've looked pretty crap if truth be told going forward in the last few away games.

Gueye must start for me and also ACD.

Typically Plymouth score their goals second half, we could do with bagging 1 first half, ideally 2.

1-1 draw my prediction, and I'd take it after the other night.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2024 at 07:35, roversfan99 said:

I just cant see him dropping him a game before a 2 week break. He also might be wary of upsetting him.

Either way, I cant see it but managers dont always make the right decisions.

Pears will play, he was not horrible but could have done better for the 3rd, oossibly the 1st he was out of position.  Not enough to get him dropped yet.  I think Eustace is trying to make it wasy on himself by waiting till Pears drops another clanger.  How about  the Leeds keeper today?

Who ever the keeper Big Mac has to start.

• Like 1

Meslier's mistake was similar to Pears v Sheffield Wednesday in that it was a total freak goal. Dreadful mistakes but in isolation can just be written off.

The issue with Pears has always been the quantity of mistakes. Had he not made so many throughout last season then anyone can make that mistake.

• Like 3

Conspicuous by his absence in the technical area recently I was wondering about David Lowe. By coincidence I saw him walking out of Ewood last night and asked why he wasn't in Plymouth and he told me he is going to do a scouting report at Swansea tomorrow. It appears he has new role certainly for match days. 

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see if the pre match warm ups change now after doing the exact same drills for about the last decade.

Nothing against Lowe he seems a bit of a poor mans Tony Parkes figure just does as he's told and gets on with it and I've heard he's liked by players in general.

Every club needs a few of those steady guys in the background but it's odd how he always survives and it's probably time for a freshen up on the first team coaching side.

Rovers pretty big favourites for this, considering it’s a long away trip (just to back up Eddies comments earlier in the thread). 

Should be winning this one, and I’d be happy with 3 points from Coventry and Plymouth away.

2/1 away at Norwich (33% chance)
3/1 away at Burnley (25% chance)
6/4 away at PNE (40% chance)
11/4 away at Coventry (26% chance)

5/4 away at Plymouth (44% chance)

16 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Realize this won't be the team tomorrow, but maybe going forward , and getting both Yuki and Gueye into the same side , means a change of formation to ,3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 if you like. Something like this 

Pears/Toth

Carter.         Batth.        Hyam

Brittain/ACD    Tronstad.     Travis.    Beck

Cantwell

Yuki.        Gueye

Dolan and Hedges also could cover either wide position 

It's the only way I see both strikers playing together?

Certainly gets our best team on the pitch and seems a well balanced line up

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It'll be interesting to see if the pre match warm ups change now after doing the exact same drills for about the last decade.

Nothing against Lowe he seems a bit of a poor mans Tony Parkes figure just does as he's told and gets on with it and I've heard he's liked by players in general.

Every club needs a few of those steady guys in the background but it's odd how he always survives and it's probably time for a freshen up on the first team coaching side.

IMO, an uninspirational  figure with zero charisma.  Used to leave Academy games scratching my head about this guy.  What he has to offer is beyond me.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

This could well be a season defining game.

Agree.

Unfortunately, I think we are going to come unstuck again today.  Coventry game we were very poor, QPR game again very poor in 1st half and only the introduction of Cantwell versus 10 men in 2nd half saved the day and Preston again poor.

Are we 'levelling out' ?  Think we are.

Would like to see a front 2 of Ohashi and Gueye with Cantwell behind in the number 10 role.

Who I don't want to see start today - Pears (he's going to cost us again and again and again), Dolan (no football intelligence and a headless chicken) and Baker (totally underwhelmed by what I've seen of him so far).

Sadly, 3-1 to Plymouth.

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Rovers pretty big favourites for this, considering it’s a long away trip (just to back up Eddies comments earlier in the thread). 

Should be winning this one, and I’d be happy with 3 points from Coventry and Plymouth away.

2/1 away at Norwich (33% chance)
3/1 away at Burnley (25% chance)
6/4 away at PNE (40% chance)
11/4 away at Coventry (26% chance)

5/4 away at Plymouth (44% chance)

It’s delusional and entitled to think we ‘should’ be winning this. Plymouth have some excellent attackers, I’m fairly sure that doesn’t apply to our team. 

• Like 2