BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 5/10/2024

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

It'll be interesting to see if the pre match warm ups change now after doing the exact same drills for about the last decade.

Nothing against Lowe he seems a bit of a poor mans Tony Parkes figure just does as he's told and gets on with it and I've heard he's liked by players in general.

Every club needs a few of those steady guys in the background but it's odd how he always survives and it's probably time for a freshen up on the first team coaching side.

Last week, Lowe didn't take the shooting practice pre game against QPR and Matt Gardiner did that session and it was just the attacking 4 players doing the warm ups not the subs until after. 

I couldnt see Lowe on the pitch at all

On 03/10/2024 at 18:07, arbitro said:

I'd give them a call first thing tomorrow and let them know. They are going off sale at noon but I'd expect them to be sending some down for collection. If it doesn't look like yours will get to you I'd hope they could send you a replacement down for collection.

I had to call in the end too, they hadn’t been posted and were down for collection so I’m picking them up before the game too.

I wonder if ANY were posted😂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s delusional and entitled to think we ‘should’ be winning this. Plymouth have some excellent attackers, I’m fairly sure that doesn’t apply to our team. 

Agreed. Whilst we have enjoyed a relatively prosperous start to the new campaign, there are still big question marks over the quality and backbone of this team, and the ability of JE to get a consistent tune out of the players at his disposal.

If we can get Beck back in the side and settled, we are a different prospect and much more difficult to beat. Plymouth will adopt similar tactics to Coventry, without a doubt, as I'm sure Yoda's love child will have noticed we don't cope well with being roughed up a bit. The only hope I have is that Colleen's fat bloke will be too focused on trying to get his warriors playing in the style of the class of 92 to worry too much about what the opposition (us) are capable of doing. Rovers have generally done well when pitched against the Scouse sledgehammer's sides in recent years.

I hope, for the sake of the faithful 1000 who are trogging down the M5 this afternoon, that the journey home is one of joyful reflection, bawdy songs and celebration, rather than a sad procession of football induced misery.

COYB!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rovers11 said:

The front line needs freshening up. Gueye, Hedges, ACD to come in for Weimann, Cantwell, and Ohashi. I don't think Cantwell has enough in his legs for 2 starts in the same week at the moment.

The defence and midfield had a poor game on Tuesday like everyone else but the spine of the team has been good this season so I wouldn't be changing that after one bad game.

I'd would bring in Toth but I don't think Pears will be dropped yet as he's had a solid start to the season.

We're lacking quality in the full back positions at the moment with Beck and Brittain out. Pickering is a plodder who does an OK job defensively, whereas Carter is a very good defender but not a natural fall back. 

Yeh agree 

As much I would love to see a decent GK and pears Dropped, we don't actually know this Toth guy. He could be another Leo. 

pear's did ok so far, a few howlers but we know what to expect. 

If he is dropped now (one terrible game after a run of clean sheets) and then Toth isn't great we would have knocked Pears confidence even more. 

Not sure what the solution is though !

After the Ricoh debacle that I had the misfortune to attend I’d be very happy with a point today. I wouldn’t be surprised at another heavy defeat though. Eustace needs to get back to the bunker mentality of the end of last season and stop the team conceding silly goals

I expected a Reaction today from them. Eustace didn't look happy at all. 

1 hour ago, StubbsUK said:

I travelled on Thursday too, M5 shut at 20 & 26, it would have been a lovely detour if it wasn’t dark 😂

I would have weekend there and gone to the game if the missus had been in better health then she is

18 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Am halfway (15 ish miles) and awaiting a fresh crab baguette 😁

Can't been fresh crab with abit of lemon juice 

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s delusional and entitled to think we ‘should’ be winning this. Plymouth have some excellent attackers, I’m fairly sure that doesn’t apply to our team. 

How on earth is it delusion. 
We are favourites to win the match, if we shouldn’t win it, then the word ‘should’ is almost null from our language. 

1 minute ago, superniko said:

How on earth is it delusion. 
We are favourites to win the match, if we shouldn’t win it, then the word ‘should’ is almost null from our language. 

Are we favourites to win? Maybe on league position, but we've been awful for a few games running and we've yet to win away from home. 

As a side note, at this point I'm just going to assume Pear is our no.1 until he chooses to retire. 

• Like 1

Just now, RTM08 said:

Are we favourites to win? Maybe on league position, but we've been awful for a few games running and we've yet to win away from home. 

As a side note, at this point I'm just going to assume Pear is our no.1 until he chooses to retire. 

Yeah, 42% chance Rovers win 31% chance Plymouth win and 27% chance Draw.

IMG_6055.jpeg

IMG_6056.jpeg