BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 19/10/2024

A team build around Dolan with Cantwell stuck out wide. No thanks.

Toth

JRC Carter Hyam Beck

Tronstad Travis

ACD Cantwell Sigurdsson

Ohashi

Sigurdsson was the hardest to pick but we dont have a natural option there so its his turn.

I think the likes of Dolan, Hedges and Pears will still play, and players like ACD and JRC will stay on the bench.

Hopefully we can keep winning at home to maintain our perfect record especially with the negative tactics away leaving us unable to win.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Toth

JRC Carter Hyam Beck

Tronstad Travis

ACD Cantwell Sigurdsson

Ohashi

Sigurdsson was the hardest to pick but we dont have a natural option there so its his turn.

I think the likes of Dolan, Hedges and Pears will still play, and players like ACD and JRC will stay on the bench.

Hopefully we can keep winning at home to maintain our perfect record especially with the negative tactics away leaving us unable to win.

He might use ‘positive’ tactics away and lose every match, not even get draws.

Maybe it’s not as simple as just blaming the tactics. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

He might use ‘positive’ tactics away and lose every match, not even get draws.

Maybe it’s not as simple as just blaming the tactics. 

Obviously that was an oversimplification, but he admitted to leaving our better attackers on the bench until later on as part of what was a failed gameplan.

But obviously there is a reliance on keeping the excellent home form up especially as we have yet to win away and have so few points there.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously that was an oversimplification, but he admitted to leaving our better attackers on the bench until later on as part of what was a failed gameplan.

But obviously there is a reliance on keeping the excellent home form up especially as we have yet to win away and have so few points there.

If it wasn’t for Hyams inability to judge a header and Pears watching the ball go past him whilst barely moving his feet, we would have got a draw. But maybe that’s an oversimplification too. 

I just think it’s horses for courses and he doesn’t yet trust the likes of ACD and Cantwell to play how he wants. He’s a cautious safety first coach, and in fairness it has served him well so far at Rovers. Maybe his style will evolve into a more attacking philosophy, just as JDTs did?

Edited by Forever Blue

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A team build around Dolan? Eh?.

Who says Cantwell has to stuck out wide? You know players can move inside and move around with Dolan moving out left or ACD can. Players don't need to stick pigeon hole to one area of the pitch and stay there. 

Also what you seemingly to forget that Cantwell's best form came from the left hand side of the attack under Daniel Farke at Norwich 

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We have a range of options who can play there. 

22 hours ago, M_B said:

With the way Swansea play, I'll be amazed if Dolan doesn't start. 

Agreed 💯 %

• Like 1

Two defeats, two weeks without football and not much interest.

I would start

Toth

Brittain

Beck

Cantwell

ACD

I wouldn't start Dolan who was a major contributor to those two defeats.

The sooner we ditch loyalty and get closer to establishing our strongest starting eleven, the better. 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 3

I'd be surprised if Dolan doesn't start. Hugely disappointed, but not surprised.

Siggy would be my choice on the left flank. Less mobile than Dolan but undoubtedly has more talent. 

If there hadn't been the international break I'd be more confident of Eustace making some braver choices.

Toth

brittain.           Carter.               Hyam.           Beck

Trav.          Tronny

ACD               Cantwell           JRC

Ohashi

Get the abbreviations flanking cantwell and try and get some flair in the final third to create some chances and play to Ohashi strengths which is finishing. Let the LB and RB get up and down flanks later to whip some balls into Gueye in the last half an hour , who can also hold the ball up when Swansea are trying to pull back their 3-0 deficit, let the CDMs sit and protect. After 90 minutes at home to an average side we will know which is the best and most effective striking option to go with. Bag the three points and all get pissed 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised to see Eustace keep it similarish or the same. I HOPE he makes changes, but if not, i guess one positive is the same crop seem to be ok at home so far.....

personally Id like to see

Duru Carter Batth Beck

Tron Trav

Dubbery Cantwell Hedges

Geuye

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Dolan has started every game under Eustace so far, he isn't going to drop him now.

You could be right, but on the other hand seems like the perfect opportunity to drop him after 2 defeats. I wouldn't be shocked if he starts though. 

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because he keeps picking Dolan even when he is playing poorly, and it would be a good PR move.

The team as a whole has been playing poorly, why would he single out Dolan for criticism?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_B said:

The team as a whole has been playing poorly, why would he single out Dolan for criticism?

It is not singling out Dolan for criticism, it would be explaining the managers decision to keep picking Dolan. Because a lot of paying supporters would like to know. Do you not want to know the reasoning behind the manager keep picking a player in positions that we have better choices for, in the squad ?

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not singling out Dolan for criticism, it would be explaining the managers decision to keep picking Dolan. Because a lot of paying supporters would like to know. Do you not want to know the reasoning behind the manager keep picking a player in positions that we have better choices for, in the squad ?

That would only work if Eustace agreed with your assessment. Eustace obviously rates him, and it would most certainly be singling him out for criticism.

For what it's worth, the way Swansea play, he'd be one of my first names on the team sheet for Saturday.

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, M_B said:

That would only work if Eustace agreed with your assessment. Eustace obviously rates him, and it would most certainly be singling him out for criticism.

For what it's worth, the way Swansea play, he'd be one of my first names on the team sheet for Saturday.

That is the whole point. I would like to know what  Eustace sees, that he rates him for.