BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 19/10/2024

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the real reason we`ve got sub 15000 crowds is the fact we`ve got terrible owners and a w****r as a ceo,nothing to do with the area,we were getting 20000+ crowds before the indians arrived and we were also getting decent crowds in the championship in 2001,i guarantee if the miscreants were`nt here the crowds would get better,i know people who were loyal fans through the skint era of the 80`s who have vowed never to set foot in ewood again till venkys **** off

It’s both. We are in a small, deprived catchment area but have a CEO charging top dollar.

The answer, of course, is adult reductions, but that ain’t happening so third bottom of that particular league table will be how it will stay.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we had 4k walk on fans yesterday again. Fans will pick and choose their games but can't commit to ST regardless of price. 

You’re drinking the cool aid. Fans absolutely will commit if it’s a well priced season ticket, I know that because I am one! 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Same here

for a new customer with Sky it would cost them £40 per month for Sky Entertainment package including Netflix plus Sky Sports. Fully worth it if you want to watch Sports, etc. You not agree? 

Sky is one thing but half the games are on BT too. Paying nearly £100 if you want to watch all football. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we had 4k walk on fans yesterday again. Fans will pick and choose their games but can't commit to ST regardless of price. 

We have had pretty much four thousand plus walk ons for every home game so far. It must be unusual for a Championship club to consistently have approximately 50% of its home crowd as non season ticket holders. And it appears the club aren't doing much to turn these walk ons into season ticket holders.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

They aren't at the moment.

Agreed, which is why being in a very privileged position and being only *checks Google maps* 27 minutes from Ewood, at best I’ll buy a match ticket (if I can’t find someone with a ST that is away…) rather than commit to a season ticket. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The passing only broke down yesterday in the final third - i.e. because our complete lack of pace against a team playing a high line meant we had nowhere to go with the ball besides 25/75s (usually 50/50s, but Dolan running after anything is a negative).

How many times yesterday did we pass the ball out of the back four to a player running back towards our goal with an opponent one yard behind him waiting for the mistake ? Nobody can thrive in that situation. I lost count of times it had to be passed backwards again. We need to mix it up with the odd ball into space but we can’t because we’re a team without any real pace with the exception of Beck.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Agreed, which is why being in a very privileged position and being only *checks Google maps* 27 minutes from Ewood, at best I’ll buy a match ticket (if I can’t find someone with a ST that is away…) rather than commit to a season ticket. 

I can't get to midweek games because I cannot get home on public transport. So I don't have a season ticket.

12 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

The fear of Fergie by referees in the past has now swung to the fear of Pep. An atrocious decision once again. Give City the trophy, If they don’t score their way to the title they will cheat their way to it. 

a clear indication of one rule for one and another for others,he`s offside and in the keepers line of sight,is`nt that grounds for disallowing the goal,well it should be and would have been if it had`nt been man city

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously isn’t ’regardless of price’ as we’d sell plenty more if cheaper as we all know - and you do too as you banged on about cheaper prices being needed all summer.

A cheaper ST might have been well received by some supporters who can't afford the current ST's prices. I understand and acknowledge that lower prices would add to some people being able to purchase one. 

56 minutes ago, J*B said:

You’re drinking the cool aid. Fans absolutely will commit if it’s a well priced season ticket, I know that because I am one! 

From my own opinion on the price I think its a fair one given I can committed every home league game and whilst acknowledge others can't

50 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Sky is one thing but half the games are on BT too. Paying nearly £100 if you want to watch all football. 

TNT Sports is £26 per month. 

I don't have TNT sports cos it too much cost for half Premier League game a week. I have Sky Sports cos I get 4 PL games a week, plus EFL games and then add the cricket and F1 coverage I get plus everything I have with Sky like Netflix, Disney plus and Paramount plus I have with Sky. 

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We have had pretty much four thousand plus walk ons for every home game so far. It must be unusual for a Championship club to consistently have approximately 50% of its home crowd as non season ticket holders. And it appears the club aren't doing much to turn these walk ons into season ticket holders.

That what the club should be looking at. Whether they will or have I don't know

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From my own opinion on the price I think its a fair one given I can committed every home league game and whilst acknowledge others can't

You realise the rest of us can see all your posts, right? We all remember you saying season ticket prices were too high at the end of last season?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, J*B said:

You realise the rest of us can see all your posts, right? We all remember you saying season ticket prices were too high at the end of last season?

Josh, you are correct that I said bring ST prices down for fans cos some fans are financially struggling out there(showing empathy and understanding different people situation) and I also said reduced the kids prices down also. Kids prices are great and Adults got a 30 pounds off their ST. Not huge but a step in the right direction. 

Now from my own opinion on the price I think my price for my ST is fair and reasonable. I understand and apprenticed that others don't think £350 is fair and reasonable, and that they aren't affordable for them which I understand and apprenticed that  

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

a clear indication of one rule for one and another for others,he`s offside and in the keepers line of sight,is`nt that grounds for disallowing the goal,well it should be and would have been if it had`nt been man city

As much as a wanted it ruled out, at the time of the header he clearly is out of the line of vision of the keeper.

Silva’s been cute. He’s annoyed the keeper enough (without it being a foul) so that the keeper is not set when Stones heads it, but when Stones does head it Silva has cleared off out of the keepers way.

Edited by Hasta

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

As much as a wanted it ruled out, at the time of the header he clearly is out of the line of vision of the keeper.

Silva’s been cute. He’s annoyed the keeper enough (without it being a foul) so that the keeper is not set when Stones heads it, but when Stones does head it Silva has cleared off out of the keepers way.

whatever the explanation or the defence of the "goal",if that is scored by wolves it`s getting ruled out ,thats the main point,one rule for one and another for the tean that is lower down the league,it has happen to many times since this wretched var arrived and has gone beyond incompetence and is now looking like blatant corruption

incidentally var works fine in the rest of europe,we only have a problem with the decisions here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I would say it is more like a third of the home fans are walk-ons. If this is a high percentage, then it is an untapped pool that should be targeted .

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Which is why the offside rule is flawed and open to interpretation. If that had happened at Ewood yesterday there would have probably been no doubt that Silva was offside. 

Keep things simple for referees. If you’re clearly offside then you are gaining an advantage. 

And don’t get me started on shirt pulling! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brittain would start there on Wednesday and I would look at playing JRC from the right where he can get into the box and sore goals. Yesterday not once did he look a goal threat

How can you disagree when his best spell in his career was at Norwich from left side of Attack? 

Eustace doesn't play with a technical player as his ten whether it was Szmodics or Dolan or Weimann. You don't see to understand that. JDT was the same. They want a player who can score from there, press from the front and workhorse. 

Cantwell played from the left and at times roam around the pitch so Eustace isn't pigeonholing into a position but allow him to roam like Hughes did with Bentley during his time here. 

Gueye's strengths are there to see, holding the ball up, being a physical presence for the team. Also he like to run down the side of defenders when we play the ball through(example the Derby game). He can head the ball if we put the ball into the box but we are a team who don't created loads of chances. 

On Yuki, he is workhorse and reminds me of former striker Paul Dickov in terms of work rate. His goals have been 3 on the counter attack after winning the ball back(Derby and Bristol City games)and diving header at Norwich hence my comments 

I don't have such questions marks like yourself but more wanted to how they develop and play in the coming months especially Yuki Ohashi playing so much before he joined us.  

You say Brittain would play there then put JRC in your team on the WBA page.

Ultimately I think what you dont understand is that it is possible to have an opinion that doesnt identically match what the manager will do. I think Cantwell will continue to play from the left. But I personally wouldnt. You seemingly are suggesting that we play Cantwell left because you know that Eustace will.

He has played in both positions, I have seen him play centrally a number of times for Rangers. My thinking is, he is by far our best technical player, so allowing him to pick the ball up in tight central areas where he is closer to the opposition goal makes sense to me. He is more productive on the ball, and on the flip side he isnt the most athletic nor the hardest worker. I wouldnt like to be a full back behind him as he wont do much covering.

I also dont think that Dolan appears any more productive from a central position.

I dont doubt that Ohashi works hard but I see him as almost a Jordan Rhodes type. In terms of his all round play, very limited. Not the quickest, wont win many headers in general play, hold up not the best, technically not the best. In the 18 yard box though, he clearly has a natural ability to make clever movement and to sniff out and take chances, all 5 of his goals so far have been very impressively taken. If he scores enough goals, then he can guarantee a place in the team. If he doesnt, then it will be hard to justify.

Im not convinced yet that Gueye is of the required standard but of course there is time to prove that instinct wrong. He does some things well, but he must be a frustrating player to play with and he doesnt really look like scoring. And we arent a team that has natural crossers of a ball to feed him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I would say it is more like a third of the home fans are walk-ons. If this is a high percentage, then it is an untapped pool that should be targeted .

I suspect many are ex-season ticket-holders. So they'd be hard to convert?

Only price would do it presumably. The season ticket would have to be priced at the rate they currently pay taking into account evening kick-offs, special offers, live TV games etc.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You say Brittain would play there then put JRC in your team on the WBA page.

Ultimately I think what you dont understand is that it is possible to have an opinion that doesnt identically match what the manager will do. I think Cantwell will continue to play from the left. But I personally wouldnt. You seemingly are suggesting that we play Cantwell left because you know that Eustace will.

He has played in both positions, I have seen him play centrally a number of times for Rangers. My thinking is, he is by far our best technical player, so allowing him to pick the ball up in tight central areas where he is closer to the opposition goal makes sense to me. He is more productive on the ball, and on the flip side he isnt the most athletic nor the hardest worker. I wouldnt like to be a full back behind him as he wont do much covering.

I also dont think that Dolan appears any more productive from a central position.

I dont doubt that Ohashi works hard but I see him as almost a Jordan Rhodes type. In terms of his all round play, very limited. Not the quickest, wont win many headers in general play, hold up not the best, technically not the best. In the 18 yard box though, he clearly has a natural ability to make clever movement and to sniff out and take chances, all 5 of his goals so far have been very impressively taken. If he scores enough goals, then he can guarantee a place in the team. If he doesnt, then it will be hard to justify.

Im not convinced yet that Gueye is of the required standard but of course there is time to prove that instinct wrong. He does some things well, but he must be a frustrating player to play with and he doesnt really look like scoring. And we arent a team that has natural crossers of a ball to feed him.

Sums up my feelings on those players you mention.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 47er said:

I suspect many are ex-season ticket-holders. So they'd be hard to convert?

Only price would do it presumably. The season ticket would have to be priced at the rate they currently pay taking into account evening kick-offs, special offers, live TV games etc.

Which is exactly why Bolton have sold so many. If they’re priced at £240 to £299, but you might not be able to make a fair few games through the season for one reason or another, you’d consider buying one anyway at that price.

However, if it’s £350 to £450 (and that’s just the early bird price), then feck that if you struggle for midweeks or you’ve realised just how many will be on TV.

• Like 1