BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 19/10/2024

Well, hard to see when Toth is going to get to play. Pears has been a bit shakey the last couple of days and the international break would have been the perfect time to swap.

We now have to face the inevitable of being stuck with Pears until he makes (another) three or four mistakes to cost us consecutive matches. We can only hope it comes sooner rather than later. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well, hard to see when Toth is going to get to play. Pears has been a bit shakey the last couple of days and the international break would have been the perfect time to swap.

We now have to face the inevitable of being stuck with Pears until he makes (another) three or four mistakes to cost us consecutive matches. We can only hope it comes sooner rather than later. 

I can only think that the Wahlstedt experiment has made some people wary. 

That said, I'd love to know how many point Pears has cost us just through individual errors in his Rovers career, must be at least 10 points a season I'd have thought. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It wouldn’t have been my team.  We haven’t addressed the tendency to play 6 at the back plus the keeper.

At least the full backs today will add to our attack, Costello and Beck more quality going forward than Pickering and Carter.

Hedges and Dolan have been shit in recent weeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah, he needs a goal soon. He's looking like a poor signing.

Ever since he got sent off Gueye's looked really poor... real shame as he looked fantastic up until that Burnley game. Hope he will come back into it today and show the promise from when he first turned out in August. 

Like the team. A bit surprised we have gone from having no attacking full backs to two... And picking JRC ahead of Brittain is interesting...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ever since he got sent off Gueye's looked really poor... real shame as he looked fantastic up until that Burnley game. Hope he will come back into it today and show the promise from when he first turned out in August. 

Like the team. A bit surprised we have gone from having no attacking full backs to two... And picking JRC ahead of Brittain is interesting...

I think that’s because Brittain isn’t very good. Not at fullback. I’d use him as a stand in winger tbh. He has a lack of bottle for me. 

On 13/10/2024 at 01:42, philipl said:

Two defeats, two weeks without football and not much interest.

I would start

Toth

Brittain

Beck

Cantwell

ACD

I wouldn't start Dolan who was a major contributor to those two defeats.

The sooner we ditch loyalty and get closer to establishing our strongest starting eleven, the better. 

Gueye better stop finger wagging at refs or it will be a long season without a main striker. Dolan creates chances only to blow them at the first opportunity. 

• Like 2