BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 19/10/2024

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah weve obviously gone very counter attacking. We had a back six for a while there... Not convinced we've really got the pace for that approach...

Weirdly I think counterattacking has been our best look for a number of years now, despite the lack of pace. That said, Eustace seems to like us to sit further back than I'm comfortable with, and at home it's a bit of an odd choice. 

We'll see in an hour or so if it was the right one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Weirdly I think counterattacking has been our best look for a number of years now, despite the lack of pace. That said, Eustace seems to like us to sit further back than I'm comfortable with, and at home it's a bit of an odd choice. 

Yeah it looks a real late 80s Arsenal approach... Just hold onto the 1-0.

Long time since I can remember us going so defensive against a similarly resourced team at home.

Dull half, but we just about did enough.
Getting 3 points today is the priority, no matter how we achieve it.

Swansea like possession, but it's almost exclusively pointless possession.

Thought Dolan started really well today, but ended up too far away from Mak to support him every time he was holding up the ball.
Seems that JE likes his 60-minute subs, so lets hope we don't leave it too late and we're still leading at that point.

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Has looked very much like the end of last campaign where we set up to hold on from min 1…only difference is it started after scoring 

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Gotta agree.

I think he's quite cautious still. But he seems to manage home games well this season (so far) so I trust him.

Let's see if we can get another goal.

Some of the stats against Swansea are great, they don't come back from 2-0 down for example. 

41 minutes ago, alcd said:

Commentary on website is only background noise. The pathetic amateurs can't even get their microphones to work. Absolute joke of a club!

Why don't the idiots shut off the background mics? Are they even aware nobody is listening to this rubbish transmission?

Beck been really impressive. Calling out for a decent left back for years. Gueye been useful holding it up but we have been wasteful once he has laid it off. Can't well busy but uncharacteristically sloppy, same for Dolan. Need to settle it down second half and not invite them on or the inevitable will happen. 

It does seem odd on the face of it, going all out to get players like Gueye and Cantwell to keep the ball higher up the field and then sit on the edge of our own box at home against a mid to low table side. That surely can't have been the plan coming into the season?  

I'll take what points we can get of course, but it does worry me that we lack the nous to put our foot down on our own turf.