BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 19/10/2024

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

My team

Toth /JRC, Batth, Carter, Beck / the 2 T's / ADC, Cantwell, Weimann / Gueye

Don't want to see Hyam, Pickering, Baker, Dolan anywhere near that team.

We got off to a good start but think it's clear we flattered to deceive after some of the dross seen over our last 4 games.

Cantwell has to  play the 10 role and be given licence to go anywhere and do what he wants - the one quality offensive player we have with great technique and vision.

Wish Dolan would feck off to another club, IMO, a vastly overrated little upstart.

Difficult one to call without knowing Eustace's selections / tactics for this game.  Think it might be one boring draw.

Typical 😂😂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

We all agree the squad needs strengthening so I'm not sure why folk think we can simply turn up and outplay teams. We nearly went down last year and lost our best player.

Important and hard fought three points. Very chuffed. Credit to all involved.

We’re winning because of the way Eustace sets up. If we turned up and tried to out-football teams we wouldn’t be winning 5 on the spin at home. 

I think people think we’ve spent £100m like Burnley. 

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I think if we get away with our 100% record here West Brom are going to give them a rude awakening. 

The home form is the only reason Eustace has breathing room - if we start bringing our away game to Ewood we're in big trouble.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. The biggest 'if' ever. Most teams do better at home and we've won every game yet you're talking about 'big trouble'. We are 6th and 10 points clear of relegation. The hyperbole is ridiculous. We didn't play well today but we won the game and are far from any trouble.

• Like 9

9 pages on a matchday thread AFTER winning... says it all really 😞

It was as dull as ditch water to watch, and we had about as much spark as a wet match at an underwater barbecue.

Thank goodness we contrived to score. A clean sheet is a bonus too. 

Let's keep grinding out points towards safety though. Everything counts, in small amounts...

Yuki looks a shadow of his previous self, Cantwell is like one of those flash teenager cars (all go faster stripes and a hifi more powerful than its engine) Big Mak neither fish nor (yet) fowl (or foul either).

With Big Mak, I think  we need to learn how to profit from his hold up and flick on play, and certainly not count on him in front of goal. Cantwell I think will come good, once he knows more clearly who he is playing with. Yuki needs another sight of goal, and I think he will roar back as a nemesis in this (bang average) division.

Swansea looked even more laboured than we did at times, and contrived to give us more chances than we deserved. 

Not one for the scrap books, but not one for the scrap heap either. 

Onwards!

• Like 1

Absolutely robbed the 3 points today but not often we get to say that.

Could barely make 2 passes all game and just invited wave after wave of Swansea attacks. Nobody stood out bar maybe Beck first half and Cantwell second. Some poor ones from Gueye, Hedges and Dolan. Gueye was well off it and all seemed uninterested in pressing or putting a shift in.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, roverblue said:

Absolutely robbed the 3 points today but not often we get to say that.

Could barely make 2 passes all game and just invited wave after wave of Swansea attacks. Nobody stood out bar maybe Beck first half and Cantwell second. Some poor ones from Gueye, Hedges and Dolan. Gueye was well off it and all seemed uninterested in pressing or putting a shift in.

We’re doing amazingly well with the attacking options available to JE. 

Delighted with the win after abit of disjointed performance in terms of the attacking side and ability to use the ball better in the final third. 

Thought Carter, Hyam and Beck were excellent today. Cantwell shined from the left wing and you can see his class and ability on the ball. Dolan was good, him and Cantwell in the same team looks good. 

Happy with the clean sheet. 

Notice pre game, not Lowe involved in the pre game training. Has he left or reassign role under Eustace? 

5 home league wins and back up to 6th. Very good day despite the poor attacking performance. Time for Chinese takeaway

COYB🔵️. Let's make it 6 home league wins on Wednesday 

Edited by chaddyrovers

It wasn’t a game to remember that’s for sure

3pts is all that counts though

Cantwell had a great game. Again I thought Dolan was poor despite his goal. Looked solid at the back with Beck replacing Pickering. I think he is the signing of the season for me

Generally a more balanced and in control performance. I do worry about how much we sit back but that’s Eustaces way. On another day we score 3 or 4 from the counter but that quality up front is lacking

I will win 1-0 every week so I don’t really care tbh. We are class 

• Like 5

Play crap, win ugly works for numerous succesful teams and managers weeing with the willy they have.

Have to say though i do think Eustace is caught in a bit of an identity crisis in terms of playing style and tactics, looks like he wants a sit back and pass it around team with players that really struggle in that system.

Not like we haven't seen it before though but maybe he just hasn't got the balance quite right yet.