BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

IT Glitches - some workarounds whilst it gets sorted…

Hello everyone…we are aware that some users may be having some issues whilst we complete an upgrade this weekend.

Following a bit of frantic testing in the last 30 minutes it appears that users of Google Chrome browser *should* be fine but any users of Safari (so probably iPhone/iPad users) may need to view the site in PRIVATE mode whilst this is resolved. 

Apologies for any inconvenience….🔵

BTW - if anyone is curious…it cuts the tops off boiled eggs…😆

eierschalensollbruchstellenverursacher

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0871.jpeg

IMG_6436.jpeg

Edited by BRFCS.com
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BRFCS.com said:

Hello everyone…we are aware that some users may be having some issues whilst we complete an upgrade this weekend.

Following a bit of frantic testing in the last 30 minutes it appears that users of Google Chrome browser *should* be fine but any users of Safari (so probably iPhone/iPad users) may need to view the site in PRIVATE mode whilst this is resolved. 

Apologies for any inconvenience….🔵

BTW - if anyone is curious…it cuts the tops off boiled eggs…😆

eierschalensollbruchstellenverursacher

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0871.jpeg

IMG_6436.jpeg

I’m loving you think we need instructions on accessing private browsing 😁🤨

• Like 3

Thanks very much for this I finally managed to sort it out & thanks for answering my question on Brfc player archives on twitter that guy who does the sketches is a genius those sketches are exceptionally good a really talented lad with player sketches from all era's! 👍

5 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Mine still not sorted on my iPad. However, I’ve downloaded DuckDuckGo as my browser and it works fine on there.

The issue is caused by a specific BRFCS cookie lurking in whatever your default browser might have been (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox etc).

If you know how to clear your browser cache, that gets rid of it but it’s a bit of a blunderbuss approach & might clear out some other useful information you’d prefer not to lose.

The ‘sniper’ approach is to delete just the rogue BRFCS cookie. 

The pdf guide we put together (on page 1 of this thread) was based on the most popular combinations of device/operating software & browser that we had experience of…

Using a (new) different browser solves it because the cookie isn’t lurking in there from previous activity basically.

If anyone wants to /needs to access BRFCS using their preferred browser - the best option is probably to Google the combination of device/operating system & browser with a specific text in the search of “deleting a site specific cookie”.

The other option is to be patient & eventually it will refresh & the problem will disappear…think of it as “the ownership cookie” 😆

• Like 1

I couldn't find the particular cookie either, but no worries, I've installed Chrome on my iPhone as my default browser and all works fine.........However on my desktop where I have always used Chrome as my default browser The BRFCS site comes up with the error message. Thought you might want to know.

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

I couldn't find the particular cookie either, but no worries, I've installed Chrome on my iPhone as my default browser and all works fine.........However on my desktop where I have always used Chrome as my default browser The BRFCS site comes up with the error message. Thought you might want to know.

Thanks…please try this…

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#zippy=%2Cdelete-cookies-from-a-site

IMG_0876.png