BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

I would only make 2 changes to yesterday team which would be Weimann in for Hedges and Ohashi for Gueye. 

So the team would line up like this

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Beck

Travis Tronstad

Weimann Dolan Cantwell

Ohashi 

• Like 1

Given recent performances there might be a loss on the horizon here i feel unless we up our attacking and finishing levels a notch.

They'll probably go out just to stop WBA and try and win ugly again but at home get on the front foot we should be able to compete with most.

Rovers  1    Baggies  1

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Given recent performances there might be a loss on the horizon here i feel unless we up our attacking and finishing levels a notch.

They'll probably go out just to stop WBA and try and win ugly again but at home get on the front foot we should be able to compete with most.

Rovers  1    Baggies  1

eustace will set us up to hit on the counter attack,but the tempo and passing needs to improve significantly from saturday

• Like 8

I think the back 4 and midfield 2 pick themselves after yesterday, that back 4 is our best, and although Pears is a ticking time bomb I would understand him starting the next game.

The attack is where we need to look at changing it up as it didnt work the other day. Im still not convinced we have the right mix of attacking options nor that the recruitment has led (under very limited resources) to us having fully what we need. Its hard to choose and it feels like picking out of a hat each time.

Gueye has had 2 starts and flattered to deceive but Ohashi struggled when he came on too. I would build around Cantwell, I would start Cozier Duberry if fit, and maybe even give Sigurdsson a game.

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Beck

Tronstad Travis

ACD Cantwell Sigurdsson

Ohashi

• Like 3

It seems like Cantwell wide left is here to stay; Cantwell said in his LET interview that Eustace likes his wingers to play as a false winger and cut inside. I know there's been some debate on here as to whether he should be central or wide. 

I'd be tempted to go for a similar team. Dolan's work ethic important vs a good side, Cantwell left and then right wing I can see him being quite cautious and doing Hedges or Weimann. He seems to like more of a work horse on at least one side. Is ACD back? I'd like to see him play after his impressive Plymouth cameo but I can see Eustace being a bit more defensively minded. 

Little chance we see any defensive changes for me, right back the only exception depending on how JRC is. I think Gueye will get the nod up front, feels like the minority but I enjoyed his performance on Saturday, especially first half. For someone who shoots like he's never kicked a ball in his life he occasionally has the most delicate and intelligent weight of pass which is a real contradiction. 

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the back 4 and midfield 2 pick themselves after yesterday, that back 4 is our best, and although Pears is a ticking time bomb I would understand him starting the next game.

The attack is where we need to look at changing it up as it didnt work the other day. Im still not convinced we have the right mix of attacking options nor that the recruitment has led (under very limited resources) to us having fully what we need. Its hard to choose and it feels like picking out of a hat each time.

Gueye has had 2 starts and flattered to deceive but Ohashi struggled when he came on too. I would build around Cantwell, I would start Cozier Duberry if fit, and maybe even give Sigurdsson a game.

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Beck

Tronstad Travis

ACD Cantwell Sigurdsson

Ohashi

That would be my team too.

We have only one player who has genuine quality as a creative force and that is Cantwell.

Cantwell SHOULD NOT be shunted to the left where his talent is wasted (conversely, akin to playing Gallagher wide right where his limitations were even more exposed) - he should be there in the 10 role and given as much of the ball as possible.

IMO, Dolan is a headless chicken with little or no football intelligence and he needs shunting out of the team completely, preferably to another club.

I think our standard of performance has dropped alarmingly over the last half dozen games and we have been a very hard watch.

We badly need some creativity and football intelligence and Cantwell and Siggy should be given their heads.

My fear is Eustace won't see the light and make the changes necessary and Wednesday will be another turgid performance with a revitalised and good  WBA team  running out winners by at least 2 goals.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That would be my team too.

We have only one player who has genuine quality as a creative force and that is Cantwell.

Cantwell SHOULD NOT be shunted to the left where his talent is wasted (conversely, akin to playing Gallagher wide right where his limitations were even more exposed) - he should be there in the 10 role and given as much of the ball as possible.

IMO, Dolan is a headless chicken with little or no football intelligence and he needs shunting out of the team completely, preferably to another club.

I think our standard of performance has dropped alarmingly over the last half dozen games and we have been a very hard watch.

We badly need some creativity and football intelligence and Cantwell and Sigfy should be given their heads.

My fear is Eustace won't see the light and make the changes necessary and Wednesday will be another turgid performance with a revitalised and good  WBA team  running out winner's by at least 2 goals.

You’re right about our recent form. I think we don’t know our best starting eleven, that’s never a good position to be in.

The team is performing miracles with the lack of Wharton money reinvested (lets not forget that).

Surely a £3m transfer budget should exist at this level without selling a player for £21m... 🤨

The squad still lacks pace and quality. I fear this fixture could be a game too far.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

The team is performing miracles with the lack of Wharton money reinvested (lets not forget that).

Surely a £3m transfer budget should exist at this level without selling a player for £21m... 🤨

The squad still lacks pace and quality. I fear this fixture could be a game too far.

40 million banked from player sales last season,hardly anything spent on new players

and some gullible souls think venkys are doing a good job😲

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Cantwell SHOULD NOT be shunted to the left where his talent is wasted  - he should be there in the 10 role and given as much of the ball as possible.

So if his talent is wasted out left why did his best form in his career came from the left wing at Norwich and where Norwich turned down £30m for him from Villa. 

Playing from the left allow his to go either way or roam from the left like he did on Saturday, he also tracked back and help Beck out defensively time after time. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’re right about our recent form. I think we don’t know our best starting eleven, that’s never a good position to be in.

Best starting eleven is past it time and football is now a squad game and where head coaches pick their team on tactics, opposition strengths and weaknesses 

• Like 1