BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 23/10/2024 - k/o 19:45

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Another Eustace bore fest. 

Beats the suicide football of the clown that preceded him. Eustace doing a great job, take that type of performance and result all day over a loss but some pretty football at times. No thanks.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

There was a point at 55/60 minutes where we had the territory, possession and momentum. That's when I would have brought on Guaye. Instead it fell flat and West Brom took back the initiative. 

I'll applaud a decent result but Eustace is leaving points on the table.

• Like 2

Good point. Main positive was the box defending when we were deep which was really well drilled. They couldn't get anything through us when we were set.

Negatives are we looked generally pretty toothless (though no better or worse than WBA) going forward and we were lucky to not concede two goals from long punts up field through defensive lapses.

• Like 1

Why on earth, when there's a break or we win possession back upfield, do we go back and eventually end up passing the ball back to Pears to hoof it every time? 

Edited by jny
  • Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yeah it's fine points wise - as long as you don't have to watch it. 

Happy to watch it all day. Intriguing and competive. Resilient and players working their nuts off. 

• Like 2

A solid point. People seem to forget that we were a single goal from relegation a few short months ago. If picking up points to prevent a similar scenario this season is boring then so be it. 

• Like 4

Should really have been 2-2. Some poor finishing on display.....

Last 15 mins or so both seemed happy with a draw for some reason.

Cantwell again showing glimpses and played a few good passes, those around him not really on his level aside from JRC a few times.

Against a current top 6 side who'll probably be there or thereabouts, not a bad point. Very tough run coming up....

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Beats the suicide football of the clown that preceded him. Eustace doing a great job, take that type of performance and result all day over a loss but some pretty football at times. No thanks.

I loved a bit of JDT ball, first season anyway... But yes Eustace is doing a very good job when you consider 95% would have had the brief as keep us up at the start of the season... We're sixth with nearly a quarter of the games played....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Very strange comment. Jdt missed out on goal difference, he was the next best thing on here. Second season. It went wrong but he didn't want to be here, because of the owners lies, yet fans like you blame the ambitious manager for the downfall, pathetic.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not a single cross into the box since we brought a target man on 

Reminds me of John O'Mara and Johnny Price back in the early 1970's.

Big John, all 6 feet 4 inches of him was getting no service into the box, if O'Mara had anything, it was a usefulness in the air.

The crowd wanted the wee winger Johnny Price on to provide some service.

You guessed it, Price came on and O'Mara was taken off!

5 minutes ago, jny said:

Why on earth, when there's a break or we win possession back upfield, do we go back and eventually end up passing the ball back to Pears to hoof it every time? 

It’s maddening. Take all the risk of passing in the middle and defensive third only to end up hoofing a 50/50 to a 1v3. Modern football is average teams trying to play like the best in the world. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, London blue said:

I don't believe you.

Well you wouldn't, you're clearly stupid. We've already worked that out.

Joking, at that's offensive, however I do totally disagree with you.

Edited by AAK

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I loved a bit of JDT ball, first season anyway... But yes Eustace is doing a very good job when you consider 95% would have had the brief as keep us up at the start of the season... We're sixth with nearly a quarter of the games played....

I think some loved the idea of JDT ball, it was alot rarer than we tell ourselves. Highlights being Leicester and the Sheffield united win at Ewood when Pickering scored the winner. There was other moments but my lasting memory of his reign is the amount of goals we gifted the opposition from constantly messing around at the back, the amount of late goals we conceded and the inability to get a result when we conceded first. Give me Eustace and this football any day. JDT nearly bright is down, it took Eustace to pull us out the shit and now he has us in the playoffs positions after 11 games and unbeaten at home. Credit where it is due.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, AAK said:

Very strange comment. Jdt missed out on goal difference, he was the next best thing on here. Second season. It went wrong but he didn't want to be here, because of the owners lies, yet fans like you blame the ambitious manager for the downfall, pathetic.

Not strange at all. You were happy to praise him for a good first season then make excuses for the second. That's strange if anything. He couldn't get a tune out of the players when the going got tough. He was taking us down.