TheRevAshton Posted January 13 Posted January 13 (edited) The window closes in 3 weeks, and so far we've only signed a semi-retired Forshaw and a League One benchwarmer. Neither are an improvement on what we already have. We still have key players missing, and urgently need signings. Current situation; Eustace still wants cover at LB, expect a ridiculously cheap loan or Forshaw type signing there. Then we of course need a LW and ST. They need to get these 2 signings right, no pissing around and cheaping out - wishful thinking though really, fully expecting Rudy and Waggott to sign a couple of useless tossers on the cheap. Edited January 13 by TheRevAshton 8 Quote
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
Exiled_Rover Posted January 13 Posted January 13 3 hours ago, roversfan99 said: "Good quick management" to sign Forshaw. Glowing report from Eustace, cost "next to nothing." I think we're deep in JDT territory now with Eustace. He's using the media to complain about recruitment. Can't be too far off looking for other jobs. 5 Quote
Popular Post JHRover Posted January 13 Popular Post Posted January 13 1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said: I asked a simple question Do you have any evidence what Gestede has publicly to the fans forum isn't the way transfers are done here? a simple yes and no will do please? Not the old 'do you have any evidence' routine again. Nobody has 'evidence' to support their arguments one way or the other. I'm afraid parroting the words of people like Waggott or Gestede is not reliable evidence as there are simply too many agendas and interests to take those words at face value and Waggott has proven over the years that his words are not to be trusted or taken seriously. If you're still at the stage where you are attaching such weight to the comments of such people then I'm afraid you are beyond help. The events of the last 2-3 years ALONE prove that little trust can be placed in these people. Just because an employee of the club says something or it gets printed in the Lancashire Venkygraph does not make it evidence. They haven't earned any right to be trusted, infact in the case of Venkys and Waggott they've earned the exact opposite, and deserve to be treated with cynicism and distrust. So I and some others are at the stage where whatever people at the Club say should at best be treated with a high degree of caution. I think that's fair enough. You seem to be happy to ignore their track record of lies and nonsense and instead take their words all at face value and consider that 'evidence' of this being the truth. Good on you, I admire that, but please don't make out like others are wrong or unreasonable for having a different opinion but supported by equally reliable evidence i.e. none. 15 Quote
BankEnd Rover Posted January 13 Posted January 13 Ignacio Aliseda is a player we 'should' be going for. Can play across the line, Young, quick, in his last 6months of his contract...almost an Adam Armstrong type. Quote
MarkBRFC Posted January 13 Posted January 13 (edited) 8 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said: The window closes in 3 weeks, and so far we've only signed a semi-retired Forshaw and a League One substitute. Neither are an improvement on what we already have. We still have key players missing, and urgently need signings. Current situation; Eustace still wants cover at LB, expect a ridiculously cheap loan or Forshaw type signing there. Then we of course need a LW and ST. They need to get these 2 signings right, no pissing around and cheaping out - though they probably will with the useless tossers Rudy, Waggott and Suhail at the helm. Get a bloody move on, a lot of games coming up. Bare in mind that we can only register 25 in the squad, and at the moment with the new signings last week we currently have 24 registered. So we can in theory only get one more in unless some others leave. We registered 23 at the start of the season - Quote Pears, Toth, Hilton, Brittain, Carter, Hyam, McFadzean, Batth, Beck, Pickering, Travis, Tronstad, Baker, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Hedges, Dolan, Cantwell, Cozier-Dubbery, Weimann, Sigurdsson, Gueye, Ohashi. So with Baker out and Forshaw and Sanderson in we have one slot available. I imagine McFadzean will leave that will open up another one. Of course the other option is just to not register someone too. Edited January 13 by MarkBRFC 1 Quote
Popular Post Ricceh Posted January 13 Popular Post Posted January 13 Now the case has been adjourned again prepare for them to use all the available transfer budget to plug the running costs. 16 Quote
TheRevAshton Posted January 13 Posted January 13 4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said: Bare in mind that we can only register 25 in the squad, and at the moment with the new signings last week we currently have 24 registered. So we can in theory only get one more in unless some others leave. We registered 23 at the start of the season - So with Baker out and Forshaw and Sanderson in we have one slot available. I imagine McFadzean will leave that will open up another one. McFadz and Siggy are almost certain to go in this window, possibly a couple more too. 1 Quote
JHRover Posted January 13 Posted January 13 They'll be getting another Adam Wharton instalment this month I would bet so that should be a few million coming in to pay Venkys' bills for another few months. 3 Quote
KentExile Posted January 13 Posted January 13 12 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said: The window closes in 3 weeks, and so far we've only signed a semi-retired Forshaw and a League One benchwarmer. Neither are an improvement on what we already have. We still have key players missing, and urgently need signings. Current situation; Eustace still wants cover at LB, expect a ridiculously cheap loan or Forshaw type signing there. Then we of course need a LW and ST. They need to get these 2 signings right, no pissing around and cheaping out - wishful thinking though really, fully expecting Rudy and Waggott to sign a couple of useless tossers on the cheap. You missed the goalkeeping Adonis that is Joe Hilton, who would also be included in our 25. Looks inevitable to me that Garrett will be loaned out again, (otherwise he would have been at least on the bench in the FA cup) so would remove him form any 25 man squad calculations Quote
RevidgeBlue Posted January 13 Posted January 13 12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said: Of course the other option is just to not register someone too. Can you just unregister someone who was previously registered? Quote
KentExile Posted January 13 Posted January 13 (edited) 5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said: Can you just unregister someone who was previously registered? I think (from memory) there is a limit to that, something like a club can unregister 2/3 players who have not been sold/loaned elsewhere. Although I cannot find any reference to this online, so it may be a figment of my imagination Edited January 13 by KentExile Quote
Popular Post TheRevAshton Posted January 13 Popular Post Posted January 13 (edited) 33 minutes ago, JHRover said: They'll be getting another Adam Wharton instalment this month I would bet so that should be a few million coming in to pay Venkys' bills for another few months. "We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy." - Venky's Meanwhile, they flogged the best ever product of Jack's Academy to the first bidder, just to cover their bills for a couple of years! So much for respecting Jack's legacy, scumbags. Edited January 13 by TheRevAshton 20 Quote
bluebruce Posted January 13 Posted January 13 2 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said: No do you have any evidence that the process above has taken place yes or no answer please You did have evidence though, you presented it. The last few years in particular are highly indicative. You just don't have proof. 2 Quote
roversinmyblood Posted January 13 Posted January 13 (edited) 1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said: Ignacio Aliseda is a player we 'should' be going for. Can play across the line, Young, quick, in his last 6months of his contract...almost an Adam Armstrong type. Looks like he’s quick and a good finisher, just what we want. A good spot, unfortunately I’d be amazed if we’re looking at him, which is a shame. Edited January 13 by roversinmyblood 1 Quote
MarkBRFC Posted January 13 Posted January 13 51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said: Can you just unregister someone who was previously registered? Yes, you basically register a new 25 man squad at the end of this transfer window, so you can unregister someone registered now to make room for a new signing say. Like Lewis O'Brien during our debacle of trying to sign him, he was registered for the first half of the season, and they unregistered him for the second half of the season due to them signing 101 players. 2 Quote
BankEnd Rover Posted January 13 Posted January 13 14 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said: Looks like he’s quick and a good finisher, just what we want. A good spot, unfortunately I’d be amazed if we’re looking at him, which is a shame. It feels like we're just shopping around the English division for loans and cheap deals...What a sad sorry state. 1 Quote
bluebruce Posted January 13 Posted January 13 1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said: Ignacio Aliseda is a player we 'should' be going for. Can play across the line, Young, quick, in his last 6months of his contract...almost an Adam Armstrong type. I do like the look of him to be fair. With the usual caveats about highlight reels of course and you'd want to do a full scouting job, but...does look quick, albeit not Armstrong quick. Very good technique. Can strike a ball. Looks like he reads the game quickly too. A good age at 24, meaning he has experience (including European competition qualifiers and Conference League) but still growth potential and resale value. Like you say, tasty contract situation. Good record this season in a fairly poor league, 6 goals and 3 assists in 773 minutes (so less than 9 full matches equivalent). Struggled to contribute much in the European games with just 2 assists, but since they've gone through Champs League quals, Europa quals and are now doing Conference League, I'm guessing they've been out of their depth as a team. Main problem? Transfermarkt has him down as having a hamstring injury currently, 'return unknown'. Hamstring injuries on quick players tend to recur too. They also have his current market value (not always particularly reliable on there) as 3 million Euros. Don't think that tends to take account of contract situation, but if (big if) that's an accurate estimate they'd probably still want about £1.5 million at the mo I'd wager. Although we could just pre-contract him right now in theory and they'd be guaranteed to lose him, plus it would wobble his head, so may be able to get him cheaper after that. If it's even worth it, if he has a bad hamstring injury now (guess that brings the price down too though!). Doesn't qualify for a work permit so needs an ESC slot, no big deal though as I think I'm remembering rightly we have one more, or two if we shunt Siggy out. It's certainly the sort of deal we should be looking for, the right profile and skillset, even if that one in particular doesn't work. Quote
bluebruce Posted January 13 Posted January 13 (edited) 1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said: Bare in mind that we can only register 25 in the squad, and at the moment with the new signings last week we currently have 24 registered. So we can in theory only get one more in unless some others leave. We registered 23 at the start of the season - So with Baker out and Forshaw and Sanderson in we have one slot available. I imagine McFadzean will leave that will open up another one. Of course the other option is just to not register someone too. Depends on age, doesn't it? I think ACD for example won't need to be registered as he's well under 21. I think Harry Leonard is still a free hit this season too, but would need registering next season. And further loanees if young enough won't need registering. Unless rules have changed since I last understood it. Can't remember if loanees count regardless of age though actually. Edited January 13 by bluebruce 1 Quote
MarkBRFC Posted January 13 Posted January 13 4 minutes ago, bluebruce said: Depends on age, doesn't it? I think ACD for example won't need to be registered as he's well under 21. I think Harry Leonard is still a free hit this season too, but would need registering next season. And further loanees if young enough won't need registering. Unless rules have changed since I last understood it. Can't remember if loanees count regardless of age though actually. Doesnt matter the age of anyone we have loaned in, they have to be registered regardless. 2 Quote
chaddyrovers Posted January 13 Author Posted January 13 1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said: Can you just unregister someone who was previously registered? Yes Any loan players regards of age must be register in the 25 man squad. Any under 21 players who is at Rovers permanent doesn't need to register Quote
RevidgeBlue Posted January 13 Posted January 13 (edited) 13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said: Yes Any loan players regards of age must be register in the 25 man squad. Any under 21 players who is at Rovers permanent doesn't need to register What's the upper age limit on the U21's whereby they have to register? Edit - scrub that. I was getting confused because overage players can play at U21 level. Edited January 13 by RevidgeBlue Quote
Ghost7 Posted January 13 Posted January 13 I doubt we need to worry about registration places. The focus should purely be on why the owners aren't spending money on players and if they have taken the club as far as they can take it then for them to sell it. 1 Quote
JCRovers Posted January 13 Posted January 13 2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said: I think we're deep in JDT territory now with Eustace. He's using the media to complain about recruitment. Can't be too far off looking for other jobs. Think it's a likely scenario that Eustace will be gone by the summer if club doesn't back him in this January window and they subsequently miss out on the play-offs. Hope I'm wrong but feels like the owners don't care/believe the club can gain promotion back to PL and are just trying to recuperate as much money as possible before selling in 5-10 years (?) time. Given previous transfer activities for the last couple of years, the owners hasn't invested at all to strengthen the squad, just the bare minimum to keep it going or to stay somewhat competitive in the league without really pushing for anything better. Quote
wilsdenrover Posted January 13 Posted January 13 2 hours ago, KentExile said: I think (from memory) there is a limit to that, something like a club can unregister 2/3 players who have not been sold/loaned elsewhere. Although I cannot find any reference to this online, so it may be a figment of my imagination I can’t see any limit in the regulations. 1 Quote
Exiled_Rover Posted January 13 Posted January 13 1 minute ago, JCRovers said: Think it's a likely scenario that Eustace will be gone by the summer if club doesn't back him in this January window and they subsequently miss out on the play-offs. Hope I'm wrong but feels like the owners don't care/believe the club can gain promotion back to PL and are just trying to recuperate as much money as possible before selling in 5-10 years (?) time. Given previous transfer activities for the last couple of years, the owners hasn't invested at all to strengthen the squad, just the bare minimum to keep it going or to stay somewhat competitive in the league without really pushing for anything better. It's always going to lose money and we have very few assets left. If they're planning to sell now is the time. They're just going to rack up larger and larger debts if they hold onto it. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.