[Archived] Bolton Game 0-1

Scotty

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-1 to Bolton - Robbed - but if we dont score we cant win

STRIKER NEEDED TO PLAY ALONGSIDE DICKOV

Blatent dive as it was - I think the ref was right to call it as a pen from his angle - Lines man should have seen it though

still 7 points clear of drop though

Robbed of a point. Cheating @#/?.

We were never going to get three though. That was quite possibly the worst performance under Hughes. Our embarrassing inability keep the ball had us condemned from the start. Those who think we can survive without Ferguson are sorely mistaken.

Edited by Rovermatt

Blatent dive as it was - I think the ref was right to call it as a pen from his angle - Lines man should have seen it though

Why do we need the @#/? Dickov? 7 Goals all season from a player whos our number 1 striker is pretty damm poor, your all acting as if Dickov is a top striker. Our entire strike force is Division one standard fact.

From the angle he was at the ref should have been able to make the correct call. Perfect view of it. It wasn't even a good dive, well after he had gone past Friedel. I won't be taking a holiday to Senegal anytime soon! biggrin.gifmad.gif

That was the most disgraceful piece of sportsmanship since Maradona handled the ball into England's net.

He should never play football again. End of.

Never been so angry about a refereeing decision before, even the Beattie and Saha incidents were forgiveable, this wasn't. Would like to take my vengeance further but don't think it'd do anyone any good.

Diouf will get off absolutely scott free laughing all the way home after that disgusting dive. When will the FA realise that we don't care about celebrations? If Diouf were given a three match ban for this he'd never do it again or there's the 4th offical and tv's...

I'm fuming and I'll come back to write more after a long shower and time to cool off.

My views

1) lightweight in attack

2) defesively quite good

3) Savage had a not bad debut

4) Emerton anonymous

5)Thompson Ditto

6)MGP - was good again - not enough running down flanks though

7)Penalty - replays show dive - but i thought friedal brought him down, and from the Refs view it looked like it. Friedal saved but pushed it right back into the centre, no chance for the defenders Friedal guessed right but should have pushed i round the corner (splitting hairs i know but come on, right back into the centre of the goal mouth)

8) No luck tonight against a fairly useless Bolton - they took their chance though we didnt. @#/?s

Why do we need the @#/? Dickov? 7 Goals all season from a player whos our number 1 striker is pretty damm poor, your all acting as if Dickov is a top striker. Our entire strike force is Division one standard fact.

We need Dickov because he occasionally scores goals - unlike the rest of our strikers who have a penchant for not doing so.

disgusting end to the game, but in all fairness, neither side deserved to win it. i thought the referee had a good game, and made only 1 wrong call, which unfortunately cost us the game. the neill handball may have evened up the penalty, but diouf really should have been sent off for diving instead.

more worrying though for us, was that today's game highlighted 2 points. 1st, our attack. basically, its no dicky = no bite. i never realised that dickov was so important to us till today. however, this game has shown that without him, we are absolutely impotent in attack. his haressing, his holding up of the ball and laying it off and all around play was sorely missed today, and i think this is evident to all who watched the game. also, what in the world has happened to matty? surely he can't do worse than stead, who looks absolutely bereft of confidence, and also out of his depth. johnson did not make a big impact, and looks much too scrawny. also, his shot when put through seemed to be the wrong decision - the angle wasnt the best, and savage was steaming through the centre. had he pulled it across, we'd have scored.

2nd point though, might be a little more controversial. i have seen mokoena against portsmouth, cardiff and now bolton, and i must say i have yet to be impressed. somehow i feel that without nissa, the defence just isnt as steady. mokoena's positioning might be alright, but his heading and clearing ability isnt. mokoena simply lacks nissa's strength in clearing headers and generally dominating the air and area around him. i thought that with todd and nissa, we had a regular and genearlly steady, almost rock-like centreback pairing. why did we have to break this up?

The worst part about it for me in a way was him being substituted and sent into the changing rooms. Allardyce you little ********* (so many stars because quite frankly there are so many words that could go there). How you can let someone play for your team when he knows he does that I don't know.

Flopsy, the defenders would have had every chance to cxlear it if they'd have run in. Savage was in the perfect position to run in and clear it but everyone had already given in.

EDIT: just watched it again and I correct that. No chance for the defenders.

Edited by tcj_jones

hes the best we've got and we cant afford 2 TOP strikers now bugger off and go and watch Lara Croft. Youre only on when we lose.

Couldnt agree more. If we have dickov as our number 1 striker next season prepare for another season of a dogfight. Our divison one strikeforce of Jansen/Bent is miles better then any combination we've had this year. Its simple our strike force is crap.

mokoena simply lacks nissa's strength in clearing headers and generally dominating the air and area around him. i thought that with todd and nissa, we had a regular and genearlly steady, almost rock-like centreback pairing. why did we have to break this up?

Very surprised with the decision. Nisse has been superb alongside Todd. Hughes must be looking to add some pace to the defence with Mokoena but Nisse hasn't merited being dropped.

Couldnt agree more. If we have dickov as our number 1 striker next season prepare for another season of a dogfight. Our divison one strikeforce of Jansen/Bent is miles better then any combination we've had this year. Its simple our strike force is crap.

As flopsy rightly points out, even if they are all @#/?, the best of @#/? is still the best we've got, and based on this seasons performances, he has been the best we've had.

If we had lost from a legitimate goal then fair enough, we were crap but I hate feeling cheated.

Fat Sam knew the score, hence subbing the spitting, elbowing, diving git. The day we have a player like that at Ewood is the day I stop cheering Rovers.

Rovers were rubbish tonight but football in general has lost a lot of appeal

it was a awful game by Rovers, and it did not help that the ref was on boltons side this evening in a couple of occaitions...It was a RED card when Nolan made a terrible to footed tackle on Sav, it was a reckless tackle that deserved more than a yellow card!

I don't think I should speak about my feelings for the cheating f*** diouf mad.gif , cause I probably will get banned from this forum....

MGP was the least worst Rovers player, but he disappeared in the 2nd half...

Next up is chelski, wow...I'm looking forward to that match right now sad.gif

Sickened.

Diouf is a spitting and diving cheat, a complete disgrace to premiership football. It sickens me to think he's actually getting payed money for this.

Anyway, untill the goal we played some pretty good football. Mokoena looks like a great player to me, he and Todd will bring alot of stability at the back. I didn't see Savage alot but he did ok for his first game. MGP and Emerton were pretty good, but the strikers should have done better. Bothroyd, Stead, Gally, J.Johnson....they are all young with alot of potential, but aren't scoring enough. We need a striker with a cutting edge who we can rely on to get the goals, maybe it's too late for this season though. The only player that I can say I was displeased with was Matteo, again. Credit to Brad for his great block from the penalty, too bad it counts for nothing.

We didn't deserve to lose this game.....and now there are some tough ones ahead. But we're good enough to get a few points from them.

Edited by Blue and White

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.