BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 - 0 Crystal Palace

finishing in the playoffs three seasons in succession

The gloss is kinda taken off by the fact that twice we lost in the semi-final (including a 4-1 trashing by Chelsea) & blew a 3-1 lead in the 2nd leg of the final vs Palace mad.gif

Burnley, Blackpool and PNE were in the third or fourth divisions at that point, I believe.

Their fans would have been in raptures at that kind of success.

True...

There's also the bonus of us having beat those teams every time we've played 'em smile.gif

Slightly off-topic (sorry!) but when was the last time we played Blackpool?

The last time we played Blackpool in a league game (if my memory serves me correctly) was on Easter Monday 1980...promotion season from the old 3rd division, at Ewood Park. We won all 3 (THREE!) games that weekend..the other two being Sheff Utd at Ewood on the Good Friday and Mansfield away on Easter Saturday (my first ever journey over the M62!). I can't rermember the scores apart from 1-0 at Mansfield (McKenzie?).

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apr 4 - hull w 1-0, mckenzie

apr 5 - mansield w 1-0, mckenzie

apr 7 - sheff utd w 1-0, crawford

the 6th,7th, and 8th consecutive wins, and the end of a 15 match unbeaten run (14w,1d) going back to early january.

Thanks Stu I stand corrected...my memory is playing tricks on me....but I'm sure we played B'pool around about Easter....unfortunatly I havn't got the records to hand.

Got a phone call from the Orange Press Office this morning................guess who has won Andy Todd's shirt from last night's MOTM vote?

smile.gif    smile.gif  smile.gif

Andy Todd is clearly quite a large........judging by his shirt..............or I'm unusually small huh.gif Good job it didn't go to GAV laugh.gif

• Backroom
Got a phone call from the Orange Press Office this morning................guess who has won Andy Todd's shirt from last night's MOTM vote?

Andy Todd is clearly quite a large........judging by his shirt..............or I'm unusually small huh.gif Good job it didn't go to GAV

Gav could always wear it as a night-shirt rolleyes.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.