BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

7 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Yep, will be the first CL game I’ve watched all season due to not having TNT. It’s on Discovery tonight, seems they’ve moved it from YouTube where it’s been free-to-air in the last few years. 

The build up seems to be all about RM. I think I’ll support the underdog. 

I have started more than one Champions League threads on this forum over the years. I didn't do so this year as, despite my love of all things football, I wasn't enthused by this year's competition. 

The final encapsulated my apathy. It was a very boring game. Dortmund were by far the better side in the first half but missed easy chances, therefore, it was only a matter of time before Real scored. A thoroughly underwhelming game. 

Bellingham was poor - why does he wear what looks like NFL shoulder pads? 

Kroos is a class act. He's won so many trophies. Yet would he make the first 11 in an all time German team? 

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You knew that Real Madrid would find a way to win. Bellingham was poor on the big occasion.

Bit harsh to single out Bellingham, IMO.

In any event, he’s woken up with one more assist in a final and a winner’s medal than he had yesterday morning….

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Bit harsh to single out Bellingham, IMO.

In any event, he’s woken up with one more assist in a final and a winner’s medal than he had yesterday morning….

Real Madrid was poor in the game and Dortmund had the better chances and team. 

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Real Madrid was poor in the game and Dortmund had the better chances and team. 

No kidding, but Real Madrid made them pay for missing their chances. Dortmund only have themselves to blame for not lifting that trophy last night.

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

No kidding, but Real Madrid made them pay for missing their chances. Dortmund only have themselves to blame for not lifting that trophy last night.

I agree. I wish Dortmund had score those chances and winning the Champions League Trophy. It was the only game of the any European club competition I watched this season

• Like 1

As Jimmy Sirrell, manager of Notts County, said on the radio back in the early 1970s, "If ya dinna score ya dinna win".

The interviewer said, "Nice one Sirrell". Notts County had just won promotion from the third division (at our expense).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazza said:

As Jimmy Sirrell, manager of Notts County, said on the radio back in the early 1970s, "If ya dinna score ya dinna win".

The interviewer said, "Nice one Sirrell". Notts County had just won promotion from the third division (at our expense).

Perhaps someone should inform our manager of this nugget of football philosophy.

2 hours ago, bazza said:

Then along came Howard Kendall.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rovers former academy defensive recruit, Flavien Boyomo, who turned down a contract to move to Spain, kept out Kylian Mbappe during Vallodolid's game against Real Madrid. However, couldn't prevent Valverde, Brahim and Endrick scoring for Real.