BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

• Backroom

its a cheap design, no real effort behind it. yellow with a black bit on the sleeve, I'm sure it took many hours to think of. this is not a dig at Venkys, but at Umbro, just in case people think otherwise.

Obviously it wouldn't be a dig at Venkys as it would have been sorted before the Rao's had heard of the club.

I still don't like it, looks like a Sunday league kit still to me

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would we have hooped yellow & black socks? Or would they be black shorts & black socks?

Either way there isn't really any excuse for umbro not coming up with an innovative design, especially after the good work they did on the home kit for last season.

I've seen 100's of sunday league kits better than this one.

Really? That's our away shirt? I hate to add to the countless of people already filling the board with whiny comments but this shirt is HORRID. It looks like something a Jockey would wear at The Grand National :lol: .

Any news on the home shirt? Would be really happy if Kingfisher pulled through as the sponsor, think their logo would look rather snazzy :tu:

Not sure yet about the away shirt. Although ironically my pet hate (The Crown black box) would probably look good on it. Hoping to get a home shirt this year, for the same reason (in reverse).

But what I don't understand is the process for selection. Does the contract with Umbro mean they have sole design rights? Or do the club marketing team get a selection to choose from and pick the one they hate the least?

Surely a decision so important to Rovers fans (and no-one else by the way) should have some kind of input from Rovers fans?

But what I don't understand is the process for selection. Does the contract with Umbro mean they have sole design rights? Or do the club marketing team get a selection to choose from and pick the one they hate the least?

Im sure we have been told in the past they decide the new kits more or less a season before (pre venkys) and im sure they used to get several options and then pick which they wanted....Whoever picked that away shirt wants an eye test

Does anyone know what other Premier League teams haven't released there home shirt for the new season yet? Are we one of a few?

Looking at www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans and www.facebook.com/footballshirts looks like we are one of five Premier League teams to not yet officially launch a home shirt. Seems like Liverpool are the only team who are keeping last season's home for this year.

Aston Villa - Nike not launched yet, but was leaked

Blackburn - Umbro but no news

Man City - Umbro launches 12th July

QPR - no news

Wigan - no news

That yellow kit is definitely one of the worst kits I have ever seen in my life.

Could they have put any less effort into a design?

Although saying that the England kits are absolutely awful as well.. it's just a friggin polo shirt!

And the keeper kit is beyond crap.

Scrap Umbro

Archived