BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I thought Ray Winstone was really good at that role on TV. Can't see Johnny and Tim pulling it off. Tim Roth or John Malcovich would have been a better bet.

I was just about to say the same thing. Ray Winstone was excellent in it.

Yep - very much like watching an extended episode of the later series. The show has lost it's way - not even in Family Guy's league.

Totally agree with that. Felt that they could've done so much more with it - get away with stuff they couldn't put in a TV episode, or even with what Family Guy does on DVD - but they bottled it and just did an extended episode. No need for a Simpsons Movie, on that basis.

Family Guy did do an extended episode (Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story) and that kind of worked, although I do remember watching it on BBC3 or FX in a couple of parts.

Just watched "The Last King of Scotland", finally, and I got to say, a brilliant film. But I find it strange that a film (or rather a book?) based on the history of Uganda and Idi Amin can just invent a person like the Scottish doctor whose name escapes me. (Garrison?)

Saw Fantastic Four 2: Rise of The Silver Surfer the other night.

It was fun. It felt a bit unsettled though and some of the dialogue was...poor. But I enjoyed it.

On the whole, the FX looked amazing. The Silver Surfer looked awesome, he was a cool character too. It had nice touches in it, like the Fantasticar. Galactus worked fine in their version, and they had nods or homages to comic book Galactus in there too.

Oh and Jessica Alba looked amazingly hot. Really, really hot.

Just watched "The Last King of Scotland", finally, and I got to say, a brilliant film. But I find it strange that a film (or rather a book?) based on the history of Uganda and Idi Amin can just invent a person like the Scottish doctor whose name escapes me. (Garrison?)

Agreed. I liked this movie quite a lot, but then again African history fascinates me so I was probably a bit biased.

I've just got back from Mexico and saw Shooters, Wild Hogs and Blades of Glory on the flights.

Shooters is pretty good if silly. Wild Hogs is acceptable and Blades of Glory is incredibly silly but rather funny, with some excellent set pieces. But is really silly

I've just got back from Mexico and saw Shooters, Wild Hogs and Blades of Glory on the flights.

Shooters is pretty good if silly. Wild Hogs is acceptable and Blades of Glory is incredibly silly but rather funny, with some excellent set pieces. But is really silly

And Jenna Fischer (meek sister of the nutter ice dancing duo) is incredibly hot.

• 2 weeks later...

got round to watching transformers on Tuesday.

Incredibly silly and unbelievable and Im not sure the camera was ever still longer than 3 seconds.

However, I really really enjoyed it, it has a pace and humour running all the way through it that meant that I was carried along quite happily.

Megatron should have been a sodding gun though, artistic merit or not. Damn you Bay, Damn youuuuu

i'm really looking forward to 'The Ian Curtis movie' - CONTROL- out on 5th october.

trailers here :

I doubt that'll come anywhere close to being released here in the States (maybe NYC and LA), so I'll have to wait for the DVD. Does look good, though. The soundtrack alone is worth it! :tu:

I doubt that'll come anywhere close to being released here in the States (maybe NYC and LA), so I'll have to wait for the DVD. Does look good, though. The soundtrack alone is worth it! :tu:

it probably wont get a nationwide release in the US, but i'll keep an eye out for any info. i'm looking for a pre-release dvd, myself. will let you know. :tu:

Just saw 28 weeks later (things can take a while to come out in France), have to say it wasn't good. The first one was great, but this was just a movie where everything that could go wrong did go wrong and I never really enjoy that unless it is very, very clever. A real let-down after the first one.