BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's: A Year On

Guest Wen Y Hu

Had a thought today...could the V's be actually loving this publicity as euro / world publicity and getting the venky brand noticed even more . If they sack kean it costs say 880k , so why pay it yet and just let the protests and hate of kean get venky brand in the papers , tv etc ??

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last official comments from the owners about anything related to Rovers? Seems like it's been months since there has been any kind of statement or comment at all.

It should be blatantly obvious to anyone now that whatever reason they are still owning the club it certainly isn't anything to do with the best interests of Rovers.

When was the last official comments from the owners about anything related to Rovers? Seems like it's been months since there has been any kind of statement or comment at all.

It should be blatantly obvious to anyone now that whatever reason they are still owning the club it certainly isn't anything to do with the best interests of Rovers.

We have come to expect it from the Rao family however it is a complete joke (their lack of silence) - problem is when they do speak they just talk nonsense because they don't have a clue what they are talking about - such fools, in a sense, them and Kean are suited together but why the hell did it have to be at our club.

What I don't get is - why didn't they just take over and stay distant with the current structure?!

We sold jones and Kalinic for £22m which could have easily strengthened us in many areas with big Sam at the helm.

It would have cost them very little, we would be heading for top 10 and the venkys brand would be fully intact and growing!!

Unbelievable what they have done. Regardless of agents sticking their two pence in competent business people who run 168 businesses would have analysed the current structure and seen it WORKED!!!!

From what I know of the situation, this was caused by them listening to the advice of JA, who first encouraged them to sack Sam and appoint Kean and probably gave them good enough reasons to do it, which would've been helped by the fact that Sam's last couple of matches didn't go well and fans were outraged at the United lost and booed at Wolves even when 3-0 up.

That decision and the influence JA would continue to exert that season would fasten the decision for JW to leave the club, and eventually Tom Finn as well.

In fairness to them, the current business structure only worked thanks to managers like Hughes and Allardyce performing above expectations. We have been budgeting for 15th for the last few seasons, which is only based on the prize money we get for that position. Results-wise, the gap between 15th and 18th would be tiny every season. That's simply not a sustainable business plan, that's why the Trust sold us at the first opportunity. Sam showed that it's possible to achieve a top 10 finish with a negative transfer budget. They were able to sell the club off to Venky's on that idea, or I should say that JA was able to sell it to Venky's on that idea.

I have always maintained that the biggest mistake was to sack Allardyce and that's why I have so vehemently defended him while he was here. Both Allardyce and Hughes were THE difference between top 10 and relegation, as Ince and now Kean have amply demonstrated.

I have always maintained that the biggest mistake was to sack Allardyce and that's why I have so vehemently defended him while he was here.

I agree, but not according to the anti-Samites who maintain the biggest mistake was not his sacking but not replacing him with a "better" manager despite the fact for all the managers "linked" with the job there isn't another manager who could acheive the same results on a negative transfer budget.

If they had kept Sam in post we more than likely would not be now staring relegation in the face. Of all the poor decisions Venky's have made over the past year it was by far the worst.

Yeah true - however as reported, the sacking of Sam was always in the mindset of the Rao family. It was in the papers, via Nixon, just before they took over and confirmed (that he never had a future under them) in their comments following the sacking saying they wanted someone younger/more energetic.

Just came across this while searching for something else, A coach who couldn't be sacked because of the cost of sacking him, absent owners who won't answer questions etc , and just to think this could have been Rovers at the moment but it's probably a glimpse into the future unfortunately My link

Just came across this while searching for something else, A coach who couldn't be sacked because of the cost of sacking him, absent owners who won't answer questions etc , and just to think this could have been Rovers at the moment but it's probably a glimpse into the future unfortunately My link

This is the scrote who was sniffing round Rovers before we were lucky enough to get Kean and Venkys??

This is the scrote who was sniffing round Rovers before we were lucky enough to get Kean and Venkys??

Yeah I know mate that's why I mentioned this could have been Rovers now, Seems the chicken & club killers have got themselves a new loan hope they are not stupid enough to get it from his company Western Gulf Advisory :)

People are posting on Facebook that Nicko reckons the transfer budget might be as low as £500k. Did they not manage to get finance from Dubai after all?

Well they can't afford to sack Kean we shouldnt expect players in january

Venkys xpress have a Facebook page ;) you know you wanna!!

People are posting on Facebook that Nicko reckons the transfer budget might be as low as £500k. Did they not manage to get finance from Dubai after all?

He said 50 million last season and that was wrong.

Archived