BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's: A Year On

Guest Wen Y Hu

venkys have wreck this club from top to bottom!!!

Venkys are the problem at rovers. starting to think Kean is doing a decent job under these owners who are totally clueless and don't understand what they are wrecking or how to run a football club!!!

Kean has to speak out against the owners if they won't back him in the Transfer Window with cash and if he is force to sell players who could be crucial to keeping rovers up!!!

TIME FOR VENKYS TO GO!!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope every single supporter now stands up and fights for this club which has been part of our familes heritage for 136 years.

This has been on the horizon for months and for one reason or another supporters have chosen to say nothing and do nothing. The clock is ticking on our club having an existance, on the pitch activity sadly will not have the ultimate baring on our great club. Jack Walker had a dream and made it a reality for each and everyone of us to enjoy, He wanted nothing in return, bar somewhere to watch the games within Ewood.

Every single supporter owes it to themselves and Jacks memory to ensure we do not let Venkys turn the lights on Rovers for good. Now is the time to stand up and fight, no more excuses, no more hiding, no more trying to beat the traffic. This is our club. I will never give up the fight, and will take this fight to the highest authorities. So many supporters have been fighting for this club for going on four months, its time for everyone else to join in. ROVERS TIL WE DIE

Thanks Kamy. It does feel like the local (to Blackburn) and national media is finally beginning to focus on the worsening situation at the club. But I suppose the question is: so what? Venkys clearly don't care about much beyond trying to limit the financial burden of owning the club- even if that means driving it down into the Championship. Whilst they can 'hide' away in India the coverage in the English media will have no impact upon them.

I don't get what Venkys' strategy is here. Perhaps I'm giving them far too much credit in expecting they would have one?! They are continuing to destroy the club. Bunch of Keaning Hunts.

Thanks Kamy. It does feel like the local (to Blackburn) and national media is finally beginning to focus on the worsening situation at the club. But I suppose the question is: so what? Venkys clearly don't care about much beyond trying to limit the financial burden of owning the club- even if that means driving it down into the Championship. Whilst they can 'hide' away in India the coverage in the English media will have no impact upon them.

I don't get what Venkys' strategy is here. Perhaps I'm giving them far too much credit in expecting they would have one?! They are continuing to destroy the club. Bunch of Keaning Hunts.

The penny has FINALLY dropped with the owners, they realise now that to maintain Rovers as a Premier League club requires investment, they look at the league table and have decided that it is not worth risking £10-£15 million trying to salvage this season, instead it looks like Mrs D has decided that in January they want to balance the books, that means the wage bill being reduced and players being sold to bridge the budget gap.

It seems they have been advised that selling players in January will maximise profits, whereas in Summer window if Rovers have been relegated would result in clubs knowing that Rovers have to sell to survive would result in clubs waiting until deadline day and picking up players at lower fees.

This doesn't mean that the club is folding at this stage but it does mean that the Venky's aren't at this moment providing any cash injections. It goes against what was promised when they bought the club, the trust could take legal action as parts of the sale contract have been broken over the last 12 months but the trust aren't interested in doing that.

Sad situation but one that we as fans have to deal with.

sadly the world will keep on turning without Blackburn in the PL, we will be soon forgotten.

Venkys will obviously keep Kean incharge all season now because Kean is such a poor desperate man/manager he will accept anything forced apon him, even having his stars sold.

I really don't believe there is anything that can be done to stop it now, sure Glem will keep working hard, it's more a case of prepare for the worst.

sadly the world will keep on turning without Blackburn in the PL, we will be soon forgotten.

Venkys will obviously keep Kean incharge all season now because Kean is such a poor desperate man/manager he will accept anything forced apon him, even having his stars sold.

I really don't believe there is anything that can be done to stop it now, sure Glem will keep working hard, it's more a case of prepare for the worst.

Is Steve Kean really welcome anymore in Blackburn after all of this. He isnt an innocent party to all of this!

I don't understand why experienced journos are reading these accounts and missing the fact that the 18.6m loss has already been covered, firstly by the 10 million injected by the owners, and secondly the post-balance sheet events where we received the first chunk of the Jones money (8.7mil). Refer to section 20 and section 29.

On a point from the article:

"They made it clear however that they would rely on player trading and bank loans rather than fresh investment to sustain the club, a position that, combined with their lowly 19th position, will do little to ease concern over the management of the club on and off the field."

This is completely different to the following statement in the accounts:

"The amount of additional funding required will be dependent on the net proceeds of any player trading and availability of bank facilities."

Being "reliant on something to sustain the club" suggests we have no other solution. Having "the amount of funding being dependent on something" suggests that the amount of investment will be dependent on the club's ability to sustain itself.

Is your surname Rao or Agnew ? Miker ?..cos however you dress it up the manager as to sell before he can strengthen & if you havent realised we are currently are rock bottom 5 points adrift of safety

I'm sorry, but I'm not the one dressing it up. I am showing you the facts, that article is skewing the facts.

Facts are: 18.6m loss covered by 10m cash injection from owners and 8.7m chunk of Jones money. Printed in black and white on the accounts. Has any journalist mentioned this? NO. Have they done a proper analysis of the accounts and broken down everything that's there? NO. They need to sell papers. All they need to do is continue the story of "Blackburn in crisis" and it's done.

This is what people don't get. I am not making excuses for anyone, I am saying if you're going to comment and make an analysis then DO IT RIGHT. The @#/? can't even get our league position right.

I'm not getting paid for this ######, they are.

I don't understand why experienced journos are reading these accounts and missing the fact that the 18.6m loss has already been covered, firstly by the 10 million injected by the owners, and secondly the post-balance sheet events where we received the first chunk of the Jones money (8.7mil). Refer to section 20 and section 29.

On a point from the article:

"They made it clear however that they would rely on player trading and bank loans rather than fresh investment to sustain the club, a position that, combined with their lowly 19th position, will do little to ease concern over the management of the club on and off the field."

This is completely different to the following statement in the accounts:

"The amount of additional funding required will be dependent on the net proceeds of any player trading and availability of bank facilities."

Being "reliant on something to sustain the club" suggests we have no other solution. Having "the amount of funding being dependent on something" suggests that the amount of investment will be dependent on the club's ability to sustain itself.

There is nothing in the article to suggest that Paul Kelso has done an analysis of the accounts, which at this stage are probably not in the public domain.

In terms of your comments above, I would suggest reading Kamy's interpretation of the present situation might be worth doing.No-one can guarantee he is correct at this stage-that will be much clearer at the end of the window-but I really fear he will turn out to be correct.

This doesn't mean that the club is folding at this stage but it does mean that the Venky's aren't at this moment providing any cash injections. It goes against what was promised when they bought the club, the trust could take legal action as parts of the sale contract have been broken over the last 12 months but the trust aren't interested in doing that.

And that is what irritates me most about the trust. Not that they sold, but that they haven't made an issue of ensuring the safeguards they told us were in place have actually been put into effect.

Much like Venkys, it's mostly talk and very little substance.

Not aimed at you in particular but the thread you started about wanting us to lose every game to get kean out springs to mind . Are the people who wanted us to lose every game still of the same mind as coco is still here and we've won one game since??

I'm not a businesswoman but does anyone else think it's extremely arrogant to tell a bank, 'I'm going to miss your repayment deadline (that you've been quite insistent upon) but hey, don't worry, I'll pay you back in a few weeks when I've sold off some of my assets!' Are Venkys and therefore Rovers going to incur a hefty % fine for missing this deadline, just as the rest of us would if we didn't settle our credit card bills? Or am I being far too simplistic/logical here?

I've heard from various folk that the Walker's kept hold of Brockhall, any ITKers know the truth on that?

No.

I think I remember there being a covenant [or something] that means that the land can never be built on. Hence restricting it's value to would be speculators.

Archived