BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Moeen did well, exceeded expectations but he’s just as likely to get a 0 as a 50. England have to build on this  Crawley ton, a tremendous effort. Now start again and make it 150 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

Brilliant 100 by Zac Crawley, in quick time too, against the best bowling attack in the world.

The smart money was always on him getting to grips with test match batting, he’s technically superb at times, although that wafting at wide deliveries often has my heart in my mouth!

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

never seen an australian attack bowl so many bad balls,frankly im`e lovin it🤣

The experts say it’s the best attack in the world. Extraordinary innings from Crawley showing what a good eye and heavy bat can do on a flat pitch

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Best check with Root about this flat pitch.

It's a very good batting pitch but if it's starting to wear and showing signs of misbehaving that's a good sign for England. TMS reporting that the pitch is starting to do a bit.

Edited by jim mk2

51 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It's a very good batting pitch but if it's starting to wear and showing signs of misbehaving that's a good sign for England. TMS reporting that the pitch is starting to do a bit.

Yes, a few misbehaved. The ball to Root was unplayable it kept so low. As you say good for us and also cloud cover.

Excellent day for England. Got their 2 wickets quickly and our batting was excellent and good batting. Crawley's innings was special and exactly why Stokes and McCullum have stuck with him and backed him. Ali played well aswell. Root at his best. 

The Aussie bowlers looked tired and not playing a spinner for an extra batsman cost them. We never let Trevor Head settle bowling and knock him out of the park every time. 

• Like 2

What we have witnessed today is a phenomenal day of test cricket, the likes of which I'd like to say we'll probably never seen again, but with this side we probably will!

The assembled side and philosophy Stokes and BM have put together is like nothing test cricket has ever seen before, Crawley scoring nearly 200 runs on his own in a day, let that sink in.

I for one can't wait for tomorrow, despite a bit of rain around.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

What we have witnessed today is a phenomenal day of test cricket, the likes of which I'd like to say we'll probably never seen again, but with this side we probably will!

The assembled side and philosophy Stokes and BM have put together is like nothing test cricket has ever seen before, Crawley scoring nearly 200 runs on his own in a day, let that sink in.

I for one can't wait for tomorrow, despite a bit of rain around.

Deserved a double century Crawley. And to think me and a few others were calling for his head a while back!

Looking forward to tomorrow. I was at OT on the last day to see us beat this lot in 1981 and hoping for a repeat tomorrow. We might have to do it in one day as the forecast for the weekend is not good. England  deserve it. 

• Like 1