BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t rate Vale either. What does he bring to the party ? He’s not quick, he’s not tricky, he’s not physical, he’s not good in the air. What is he good at ?

I asked my son what he thought about Vale -  after about a minute deep in thought he said - “ Well, he’s better than Hirst “ . I rest my case.

Made some good runs in between the centre backs/full backs, drop down to allow Gallagher for him one on one with keeper. 

He did fine yesterday, did you not see the game yesterday?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Made some good runs in between the centre backs/full backs, drop down to allow Gallagher for him one on one with keeper. 

He did fine yesterday, did you not see the game yesterday?

Unfortunately I watched all of it. Vale is out of his depth at this level. He needs to go out on loan to somewhere like Rochdale.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are really clutching at straws. He was as effective as a traffic cone.

Like I said before I'm not getting into pointless debate about Jack Vale. I done before, its goes nowhere. We won't ever agree and no point debating with you about it

Edited by chaddyrovers

Jack Vale is a likeable busy player, whose tidy enough and works hard.... but his role we need players who score goals and worry centre backs. He just doesn't do that. He was supposed to be our centre forward on Saturday... how many times did he actually get in the box or get on the end of through balls? He caused the Rotherham defence zero worries...

We need more dangerous forwards on the pitch.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t rate Vale either. What does he bring to the party ? He’s not quick, he’s not tricky, he’s not physical, he’s not good in the air. What is he good at ?

I asked my son what he thought about Vale -  after about a minute deep in thought he said - “ Well, he’s better than Hirst “ . I rest my case.

Vale is league one at best.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Vale is league one at best.

Yeah, with strikers it really does come down to you dropping levels till you start scoring...

For Vale his only real route to making it at this level I can see is to become a poacher. He needs to figure out how to find space in the box. Hes way way too deep to do that, partly as we play way too deep to help him do that. He doesn't have the pace to play on the counter. 

I would class Peter Thorne as pre academy as he was around the squad from the early 90s, but generally we are scraping the barrel here. We have had nothing at all for 20 years.

Very noticeable dearth of talent in that position compared to everywhere else.

Edited by Mattyblue

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Peter Thorne had a good career in the lower leagues. 

Paul Gallagher could be classed as 'decent', played most of his career in the Championship and bits in the Prem. 

And the guy who got done bombed out of the club on a disciplinary had a good career - scouser who played for Stoke - cant remember his name. 

Jonathon Walters. There was that lad “ James Thomas “ ? Who had a couple of games.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Peter Thorne had a good career in the lower leagues. 

Paul Gallagher could be classed as 'decent', played most of his career in the Championship and bits in the Prem. 

And the guy who got done bombed out of the club on a disciplinary had a good career - scouser who played for Stoke - cant remember his name. 

Matt Derbyshire and Joe Garner