BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Might be worth mentioning too that 'club-trained players' probably applies to the players who have trained at a club for 3 years between the ages of 16 and 21, which last I knew was the rule for club-grown players in European competition. This might mean players bought at 18 who were essentially Championship-ready would count, if they've been there 3 years, even if they cost a lot. I could imagine that might be the case for some players at Leeds and Boro, but I don't know. I suppose to a lesser degree, that would also include Dolan though, albeit he wasn't seen as breaking into the squad right away like he did.

5 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Watched the highlights of the PNE 7-1 win and Duru looked like he was involved quite a bit, looks similar to Nyambe in build. Noticed he was on the bench against Stoke. 

How good is he from those that watch the U21's regularly? 

The Preston game was probably the best I have seen him play. He has several real attributes but as you mention Nyambe  he seems to lack self confidence similar to him. Clearly the watching JDT was impressed against Preston, enough to put him on the bench.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Polky said:

First league goal for Jack Vale at Lincoln. 1:43 on the above video (It’s only a tap-in).

Don't think he's gonna make it here. But the better he does in League One, the more chance someone throws us a small amount of money for him (probably no more than 100k given the financial clout of League One). Under contract until summer 2025, so this summer would be a good time to sell. He'll by 23 by then.

In the league, he has 1 goal and 2 assists in 295 minutes. So slightly better than a goal contribution every 100 minutes. In the cups he's played 93 mins total, and scored against League Two Notts County (whilst playing RW apparently). Reasonable figures if he can maintain or improve them, but the most he has played a match is 70 minutes, and apart from his three 60-70 minute appearances in the league he hasn't played more than 26 mins in the rest, so he's hardly broken into a 9th placed League One side. All but three other teams in the league have played 1 or in many cases 2 less games than Lincoln.

Incidentally, at this time last season he had played 303 minutes in the league for us, and 254 in the cup, so it's not like he's earned more game time a league below. Didn't score or assist for us all season in the league (542 minutes). Couple of cup goals (Norwich, West Ham) and a cup assist (Bradford).

Personally it was his lack of apparent effort most of the time which bothered me.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Personally it was his lack of apparent effort most of the time which bothered me.

Personally I never saw the lack of effort thing - thought it was just his style, but plenty of people bring it up so I accept I could be wrong.

Agree with the rest of your post though - I suppose we can't complain about securing the contracts of young players after what has happened over the last few years, but I thought such a long extension for him was really strange with what he had shown on the pitch. With any luck he can show his potential over the rest of the season and he can finally get his career going. A decent scoring run and there's a chance we can get a low-ish fee for him. 

Just now, arbitro said:

Just seen that neither Gamble or Atcheson were in the under 21's tonight which could indicate that Scott Wharton isn't yet available. 

We lost 4-0 by the way.

At this point we should have been looking to fit Ash Philips in! Makes you sick eh?

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

At this point we should have been looking to fit Ash Philips in! Makes you sick eh?

Except he’s injured, picked up in the International break. He was apparently close to starting for Spurs last weekend before that. Mainly because Spurs are so short mind.

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Except he’s injured, picked up in the International break. He was apparently close to starting for Spurs last weekend before that. Mainly because Spurs are so short mind.

He was injured a lot when he was with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing too much happening. Probably the pick so far for me is Stritch

Tyjon also has something about him that I like, good movement and seems a clever player 

Everything seems to start with Atcheson at the back who likes to stride into midfield with the ball, just guilty of one or two misplaced passes

Edited by Tugayisgod