BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I can no longer attend tonight, but I hope it’s an enjoyable and enlightening event for those that do 🙂

Probably more lies fed to the supporters.

• Like 1

Just watched it back.

I have massive worries and reservations about the club direction and challenge I saw.

Gestede reports in Waggott and has no communication with the owners. so a pointless role.

The questions asked to John and Gestede were quite frankly - awful.

I have no view of any sort of performance management at the club and also by the trust. 

I am gutted I couldn't go to the AGM tonight.

How Gestede didn't get grilled is beyond me - this bloke refused to play for our club to force a transfer away yet the Trust treated him like a great at the club.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The lack of questions around Wharton cash and stuff has really frustrated me.

Same.

Expect Waggott will have had to approve the questions to some capacity… hell, probably the answers too!

• Downvote 1

Back from the AGM and as promised will give my thoughts.

Firstly, as a Trust member I was originally a little concerned that the whole “hosted at Brockhall” thing was a little “too close to comfort”. That didn’t actually feel like it mattered, it was in essence a meeting room with good parking. It was a shame to see so few people in the room but great to hear there was 3,000 people watching the live stream, which sounds like an incredible number.

We started with a Q&A with Gestede and Eustace. There was the opportunity to write down and submit questions before they arrived, I didn’t because I was running a touch late and in all honesty I didn’t have any off the top of my head. I must say, Steve the interviewer was clearly very starry eyed over both Eustace and Gestede. I’d have liked to see someone simply asking the questions submitted rather than adding their input and opinion which for me watered down the questions. That combined with the threat of “I’ve got yellow and red cards for any questions that are worthy” meant it was all very very tame, which was perhaps fitting for the occasion. The Q&A section finished with a quite surreal moment as Gestede was asked if he was concerned he might have brain damage from heading Craig Conway’s crosses. I didn’t think the questions asked gave the best view of the fans if I’m honest. 

Next up a section from the Chair who gave a top line overview of the last 12 months, approving elections and the trusts accounts, which was concise and to the point. 

Duncan was then brought in for what I found most interesting as he discussed the MOU with the club, the work the Trust had done with STs and the sales this year. He asked for a show of hands of “positive or negative” on the season ticket pricing and it was overwhelmingly positive, it felt like perhaps four of us felt the pricing was negative. Good to hear ST early bird sales are up even though retention is currently down at 76(?)%. Would be interesting to know how many of those sales are juniors on the cheap tickets. Duncan explained how almost everything at the club is based on financial targets and data, all of which are tracking as increases. 

Then Steve came back up for what was a clearly well researched “history of the Rovers” PowerPoint, which was interesting but I’m not sure what the relevance was to a club AGM. I’d have personally much rather listen to Duncan for another 30 minutes. Or ask random Q&As with Eustace and Gestede. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Same.

Expect Waggott will have had to approve the questions to some capacity… hell, probably the answers too!

Non of the questions were approved.  Questions were submitted on paper prior to the meeting and additional questions allowed including the somewhat bizzare one referred to by Josh.

6 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Non of the questions were approved.  Questions were submitted on paper prior to the meeting and additional questions allowed including the somewhat bizzare one referred to by Josh.

It is the questions that weren't approved, that are of more interest.

Edited by rigger

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

Firstly, as a Trust member I was originally a little concerned that the whole “hosted at Brockhall” thing was a little “too close to comfort”. That didn’t actually feel like it mattered, it was in essence a meeting room with good parking. It was a shame to see so few people in the room but great to hear there was 3,000 people watching the live stream, which sounds like an incredible number.

We started with a Q&A with Gestede and Eustace. There was the opportunity to write down and submit questions before they arrived, I didn’t because I was running a touch late and in all honesty I didn’t have any off the top of my head. I must say, Steve the interviewer was clearly very starry eyed over both Eustace and Gestede. I’d have liked to see someone simply asking the questions submitted rather than adding their input and opinion which for me watered down the questions. That combined with the threat of “I’ve got yellow and red cards for any questions that are worthy” meant it was all very very tame, which was perhaps fitting for the occasion. The Q&A section finished with a quite surreal moment as Gestede was asked if he was concerned he might have brain damage from heading Craig Conway’s crosses. I didn’t think the questions asked gave the best view of the fans if I’m honest. 

Next up a section from the Chair who gave a top line overview of the last 12 months, approving elections and the trusts accounts, which was concise and to the point. 

Duncan was then brought in for what I found most interesting as he discussed the MOU with the club, the work the Trust had done with STs and the sales this year. He asked for a show of hands of “positive or negative” on the season ticket pricing and it was overwhelmingly positive, it felt like perhaps four of us felt the pricing was negative. Good to hear ST early bird sales are up even though retention is currently down at 76(?)%. Would be interesting to know how many of those sales are juniors on the cheap tickets. Duncan explained how almost everything at the club is based on financial targets and data, all of which are tracking as increases. 

Then Steve came back up for what was a clearly well researched “history of the Rovers” PowerPoint, which was interesting but I’m not sure what the relevance was to a club AGM. I’d have personally much rather listen to Duncan for another 30 minutes. Or ask random Q&As with Eustace and Gestede. 

Agree with every point.

Pointless having Rudy and John there. Not one worthwhile question imo.

Rudy should have felt a severe amount of pressure rather than someone asking questions like he's the goat 

You can get too focused down the rabbit hole of data and numbers when it comes to ticket sales and lose context. The club can massage them to prove a point that is slightly misleading. For example, and im not saying the case, what if weve gone from 8k adult season tickets and 2k kids season tickets to 7k adults and 3.5k kids. Ticket sales have gone up by 500 but revenue is down. 

You also stop thinking about the indirect consequences if you go along with the club narrative. Drop tickets by a decent chunk, sales go up and revenue might not change too much. But youve then got an increased bank of season ticket holders to grow the club longer term. You have more of a feel good atmosphere. You have more indirect sales of merchandice and food/drink. Are these considered publically by Waggott or ignored?

I feel like those closest to the club in terms of communication clearly give so much time and effort that many including myself cant/wont give up themselves so fair play. But naturally conversing with Waggott who for all of his faults must have an ability to charm those who speak to him, you can start to lose any valid constructive criticisms and start to read from his script.

People also want to think they are making a difference. Theres more chance that they are than the rest of us, so this isnt a criticism. But im not sure much if any difference is being made personally.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You can get too focused down the rabbit hole of data and numbers when it comes to ticket sales and lose context. The club can massage them to prove a point that is slightly misleading. For example, and im not saying the case, what if weve gone from 8k adult season tickets and 2k kids season tickets to 7k adults and 3.5k kids. Ticket sales have gone up by 500 but revenue is down. 

You also stop thinking about the indirect consequences if you go along with the club narrative. Drop tickets by a decent chunk, sales go up and revenue might not change too much. But youve then got an increased bank of season ticket holders to grow the club longer term. You have more of a feel good atmosphere. You have more indirect sales of merchandice and food/drink. Are these considered publically by Waggott or ignored?

I feel like those closest to the club in terms of communication clearly give so much time and effort that many including myself cant/wont give up themselves so fair play. But naturally conversing with Waggott who for all of his faults must have an ability to charm those who speak to him, you can start to lose any valid constructive criticisms and start to read from his script.

People also want to think they are making a difference. Theres more chance that they are than the rest of us, so this isnt a criticism. But im not sure much if any difference is being made personally.

All these points were addressed in the live feed of the AGM, that is linked higher up in this thread. 

As for your last paragraph, I think it’s a bit ignorant. Again, if you watch the recording of the event, discussions were had by fan groups and Waggott that led to the reduced ST prices this season, and @Miller11 made the point at how pleasantly surprised he was at just how much the YP prices were reduced by. 

So, yes, some people are making a difference. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, J*B said:

Agree with much of this, though the event was sent to 3000 people and it was not how many were watching.

AGMs can be a bit of washout going through formalities and many have low attendances.

I think the Trust did well to get a Eustace and Gestede to attend , which you'd of hoped more than what appeared the 25 or so people included 70% of the trust board  attended. These guys don't get paid for running the trust and have put lots of time and effort into organising this event, the attendance should of been much better given the headline guest alone, and reaching out to the masses has to be top of the agenda for the next 12 months to get at least a more visual impact of numbers that care.

It would of been nice to see a slide of the make up of the board, who is who, their role and in particular the new elected board members. There was no bio, no pictures or statements of why they would be a good board member. Given the board didn't have a full electorate these were pretty much passed off, which shows anyone can join the board if they want to, though hopefully at some stage their will be more candidates than positions.

I'd of liked to hear what the answers from the club actually were in regards to some of the questions posed.

In particular why it was one pay day for the early bird? What was the exact response and why do they feel there is a need to raise the price after this? 

I didn't think there was any clear answers to questions like above, bar data not supporting many concerns.

The crowd and revenue is an interesting debate, as the numbers were pooled with the away attendance, creating somewhat of a smokescreen given we have been playing the likes of Leeds.  I'd like to see this numbers deciphered far more to what the actual home attendance is, which is data the club has at the touch of the button. Also they should also be able to share the category. If not WHY? 

The clubs narrative of improvement curves needs challenging, its why we still have incompetence at senior level, its why we get inexperienced Head of operations appointed etc. The club cannot thrive purely on away support.

24% not renewing was the most damning of all statistics, in any business this is a catastrophe. New season tickets (potentially many kids) again mask the steep decline under the current administration and owners. 

Keep plodding away guys, its a thankless task at times. 

I think the next event needs to be the club board at King George's Hall in an open meeting so that the fans can pose in an open forum the many questions which continue to go unanswered.

• Like 7

I can see from the screenshot on the season ticket thread they gave figures for phase 1 this year vs phase 1 last year.

Given the difference in dates as to when these phases finished - did they also give the tickets sold last year ‘as at’ the date this year’s phase one ended?

I’ve mentioned part of the below on the season ticket thread but thought I’d put it here too:

Non renewals for this season =  a 31.6% loss - has  the club indicated to the trust…

If and how they’re  trying to get any of these fans back?

How our non renewal figure compares to other clubs?

Edited by wilsdenrover