BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

13 hours ago, J*B said:

Are you sure?

IMG_6907.jpeg

Apologies, I’ve got this wrong.

There were concerns that with the restructure last year the Women’s team would be viewed as its own entity and the accounting procedures around it changed. I seemed to have lumped this in with Covid costs being removed from the PSR calculation in my head and notes.

As it stands they can still have an add back for any losses for the PSR calculation.

@arbitro

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Apologies, I’ve got this wrong.

There were concerns that with the restructure last year the Women’s team would be viewed as its own entity and the accounting procedures around it changed. I seemed to have lumped this in with Covid costs being removed from the PSR calculation in my head and notes.

As it stands they can still have an add back for any losses for the PSR calculation.

@arbitro

On that basis can anyone find a rationale for this decision that isn't one of the following:

1) Our Leadership - either owners, CEO or similar, do not value women's football and don't want to invest in it despite being able to do so.

2) Our Ownership or CEO does want to invest into Womens football, but the Indian Court Case restrictions mean they cannot - which conflicts with the messaging about no funding issues from Steve Waggott

• Like 9

1 hour ago, J*B said:

On that basis can anyone find a rationale for this decision that isn't one of the following:

1) Our Leadership - either owners, CEO or similar, do not value women's football and don't want to invest in it despite being able to do so.

2) Our Ownership or CEO does want to invest into Womens football, but the Indian Court Case restrictions mean they cannot - which conflicts with the messaging about no funding issues from Steve Waggott

It can only be a positive in my view having a ladies team then, as despite the limited interest, it still promotes the club and maybe even leads to some of the players and their friends and families, attending the men's matches.

Given that Venky's never fail to sign a cheque, a  request for funding has been made and they have no impediment to sending funds, what is the real reason? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Yep.

Looking forward to the statement from WATR on this matter.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

and yet less than 12 months ago:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/august/25/the-dawn-of-a-blue-era-is-upon-us-/

It’s almost like what they say and what they do are two completely different things…

• Like 7

Things took a turn for the worse overnight last summer and now it seems we are at a similar point again with as predicted further budget cuts and trying to make our own player sales income last another 12 months.

Is anyone on the blower to Waggot demanding answers and demanding the shadow director give an explanation ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Things took a turn for the worse overnight last summer and now it seems we are at a similar point again with as predicted further budget cuts and trying to make our own player sales income last another 12 months.

Is anyone on the blower to Waggot demanding answers and demanding the shadow director give an explanation ?

Couldn't you get on the blower and come back to us with the answers ?

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Couldn't you get on the blower and come back to us with the answers ?

You always make posts like this so why don't you ###### well do it.

I don't claim to be anything other than a fan on here and those in the Trust represent us and have lines of communication already open.

Think about it before opening your yapper.

• Like 6

Specifically what questions do people want asking regarding the Women’s team? If anyone wants to post them on here I’ll get them asked and answered.

To reiterate again the current budget for the women’s playing squad hasn’t been reduced, it’s been kept at the same level as last season. Obviously some of the comments regarding use of facilities etc are concerning and I’ll make sure those form part of the discussion.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Specifically what questions do people want asking regarding the Women’s team? If anyone wants to post them on here I’ll get them asked and answered.

To reiterate again the current budget for the women’s playing squad hasn’t been reduced, it’s been kept at the same level as last season. Obviously some of the comments regarding use of facilities etc are concerning and I’ll make sure those form part of the discussion.

Given the speed with which the club plastered their social media with the stars that made the England team (Ella Toone, Keira Walsh, Georgia Stanway), will the club seek to put right its petty and poor treatment of female players, in banning them from using a coffee machine the men are free to use, and forcing them to share portaloos with the academy boys?

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

How is the women’s team funded? By that I mean do the Venkys say for eg here’s £12 million for the season to spend however you want (wages, fees, etc) and they then siphon off some money that could be spent on the men’s team, training ground, ground, etc.

How much does it cost to have the women’s team now and how much if they went professional?

Is this extra cost a contributing factor to our ffp/psr?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Given the success both on and off the field of the women’s team, alongside the owners now having no restrictions on funding, why has the funding of the women’s team not increased to match the teams ambitions?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

only question , when are the rats selling . Nothing else nothing else.

Asked and answered on dozens of occasions.

Its always been “they have no intention of selling” so far.

Certainly feels like we're heading towards an end game right now.

Downscaling of the women's team, selling off assets from the men's team and not investing in new players, staff leaving with quite clear messages as to why, novices being hired in key backroom staff positions, etc.

15 hours ago, Miller11 said:

This is where I'm a bit confused Miller.

There's no smoke without fire.

So why are former players coming out kicking off about the pay etc.

I just can't see that the pay is the same as last year if it's had such a kickoff and bad press from big papers.

So how certain are you on your info, because I just can't believe the info you've been fed is correct.

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I just can't see that the pay is the same as last year if it's had such a kickoff and bad press from big papers.

So how certain are you on your info, because I just can't believe the info you've been fed is correct.

According to the Twitter articles, there has been a vast reduction in funding and wages, but yet again, the club statement is muddied. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Pretty certain. The ex players speaking out has all stemmed from the Mail article, but most of their complaints appear to be around the way they were treated rather than the amount they were paid.

8 minutes ago, lraC said:

According to the Twitter articles, there has been a vast reduction in funding and wages, but yet again, the club statement is muddied. 

Which articles Carl? Would be good to have this info to discuss. The only one I can see is the Mail one and it doesn’t mention any reduction.

Also I haven’t seen any club statement, so rather than being muddied I think it’s just a complete lack of any info.

Edited by Miller11

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Pretty certain. The ex players speaking out has all stemmed from the Mail article, but most of their complaints appear to be around the way they were treated rather than the amount they were paid.

Which articles Carl? Would be good to have this info to discuss. The only one I can see is the Mail one and it doesn’t mention any reduction.

Hi Dunc,

There are a few players stating a few things.

I will get them to you.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

So Waggott (I am guessing) is saying no cut in funding? 

I just can't see it being the case with big players leaving, and now 2 articles coming out about Rovers women team.