BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The worry for me is, that he’s a decision maker, so it stands to reason his voice is a bit louder. 

Just from the homepage-

Our aims are clear, they are to:

Secure the assets of our Club and promote our unique heritage

Preserve the long term health of our Club

Regenerate a new support base and mitigate against lost fans

These things literally only need to happen because of Venky’s and their shite ownership, now there’s someone on the board that thinks they’re the best owners in the land? Make it make sense, please….

Of course by talking about him we’re spending less time focusing on such issues as season ticket sales.

The good old ‘look over here’ tactic… 

Edited by wilsdenrover

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The worry for me is, that he’s a decision maker, so it stands to reason his voice is a bit louder. 

Just from the homepage-

Our aims are clear, they are to:

Secure the assets of our Club and promote our unique heritage

Preserve the long term health of our Club

Regenerate a new support base and mitigate against lost fans

These things literally only need to happen because of Venky’s and their shite ownership, now there’s someone on the board that thinks they’re the best owners in the land? Make it make sense, please….

We live in a democratic society, you're gonna get people on Boards that you might prefer not to have on. But 'he' isn't a decision maker - he's part of a team of decision makers and believe me, knowing some of the people on the WATR Board, he is unlikely to be the loudest voice. And even if he is.... its a numbers game. He'll probably spit his dummy out very quickly if he's the character that is being portrayed on here. I don't even know the fella tbh.

Let's not overreact and give him powers that he doesn't have. That's not how a governing BODY works. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

He's very much a "venkys are amazing, the fans are the problem for not buying our ridiculously cheap season tickets" type person going off his social media, all while he probably sits on his yacht in LA.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

Like the detached reality in politics a guy who can jet over from the sunshine state to attend home And away games and thinks STs, before the discounts were cheap, really isn't in a position to be speaking on behalf of most of the fanbase.

Don't know him but had some dealings with him in twitter land that didn't go well, basically if you don't agree with his keanesque take on everything then you are the problem.

If i had to bet i'd say he's well in with a section of the Vs or their reps but that's just my opinion.

I do respect he's a very avid Rovers fan though but one wonders how his opinions might differ if he was a min wage worker in BBwD with a family and mortgage. Catching the bus to games and having to weight up the cost of attending versus putting more food on the table.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Like the detached reality in politics a guy who can jet over from the sunshine state to attend home And away games and thinks STs, before the discounts were cheap, really isn't in a position to be speaking on behalf of most of the fanbase.

Don't know him but had some dealings with him in twitter land that didn't go well, basically if you don't agree with his keanesque take on everything then you are the problem.

If i had to bet i'd say he's well in with a section of the Vs or their reps but that's just my opinion.

I do respect he's a very avid Rovers fan though but one wonders how his opinions might differ if he was a min wage worker in BBwD with a family and mortgage. Catching the bus to games and having to weight up the cost of attending versus putting more food on the table.

He does divide opinion , but did raise quite quickly a lot of money to jet the Chile singer to Ewood.

Twitter can be a strange place , a bit like marmite, you either like them or don't, but it can also be somewhat away from reality.

It's also a powerful tool twitter, I've been asked many times to to not tweet certain things due to it influencing opinion, of course I will tweet what I want 

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He does divide opinion , but did raise quite quickly a lot of money to jet the Chile singer to Ewood.

Twitter can be a strange place , a bit like marmite, you either like them or don't, but it can also be somewhat away from reality.

It's also a powerful tool twitter, I've been asked many times to to not tweet certain things due to it influencing opinion, of course I will tweet what I want 

Yeah he brought Renzo over, who is a nice guy and latched onto Rovers due to Brereton playing for Chile.

I met him in Jacks kitchen and had a chat. I think I made him feel at home, as his English is quite limited and I can speak decent Spanish. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

While I too disagree with the guy’s view in that tweet, I would suggest that anyone feeling he shouldn’t be on the WATR board should have nominated themselves so that a vote, rather than confirmation, could’ve taken place.

If you want to get involved then actually get involved!

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

While I too disagree with the guy’s view in that tweet, I would suggest that anyone feeling he shouldn’t be on the WATR board should have nominated themselves so that a vote, rather than confirmation, could’ve taken place.

If you want to get involved then actually get involved!

Someone who thinks Venky’s are the best owners in the UK on the board of an organisation that pretty much only exists, because Venky’s are so abysmal.

You’ve got to understand why people might think the optics are terrible on this one?

• Like 8

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Someone who thinks Venky’s are the best owners in the UK on the board of an organisation that pretty much only exists, because Venky’s are so abysmal.

You’ve got to understand why people might think the optics are terrible on this one?

Absolutely understand it, and agree with you.

But at the same time, the Trust has struggles for years to get people involved, so someone like that getting involved was going to be inevitable if no fucker else can be arsed to put their money where their mouth is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Different opinion and rows are all part and parcel on there particularly with the hysteria this ownership has created but it was more the blocking then running around laying blame for starting rumours on something that was already common knowledge that i object to.

As posted on another thread…

Regarding the ongoing discussions around the Women’s team…

I don’t think there has been any reduction to the women’s team budget. It’s exactly the same as it has been for the last 2 years. I do need to clarify this 100% though. **clarified, no reduction**

There’s big pressure in the fan led review to improve the focus on the women’s teams, the phrasing mentions parity between Men’s and Women’s teams, hence they playing at Ewood far more regularly last season, and the pressure is on to get them moved over to a full time model. It’s obviously a money losing venture, and to go full time would cost probably £1-2 million per year so that’s a way off at present. The club also now have to include losses of the women’s team in FFP/P&S calculations, previously they were exempt. At present there is a complete reluctance to add another significant expense on to the balance sheet.

I’m not sure how big a story the players leaving is. It’s similar to non-league in that there is an exodus of players every year, it’s just the reality of the situation. Saffron Jordan packed it in last year to concentrate on her full time career. Having said that some good ones have moved on, but some of the more profile ones have remained. 

Several of those who have left have apparently done so as they’ve got the opportunity to go full time.

When did the FFP change happen, @Miller11? That is so counter productive to growing women’s football, I’m astounded that’s the decision the FA (?) have made. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

When did the FFP change happen, @Miller11? That is so counter productive to growing women’s football, I’m astounded that’s the decision the FA (?) have made. 

Seems to differ from the EFL website: https://www.efl.com/governance/regulations/#heading-annex-1-profitability-and-sustainability-calculation that says it is excluded?

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m trying to find out exactly when it was, but it was either this year or last, I think.

Agree, it’s complete madness! Particularly when in the other hand they are calling for parity… no chance of it getting anywhere near catching up 

18 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m trying to find out exactly when it was, but it was either this year or last, I think.

Agree, it’s complete madness! Particularly when in the other hand they are calling for parity… no chance of it getting anywhere near catching up 

Are you sure?

IMG_6907.jpeg

• Like 1

• Backroom

I posted in another thread:

I would hope we are planning to hold the club to account for the apparent sexist allegations being levelled by prominent ex-players and staff.

Not being allowed to use the coffee machine because it ‘belonged to the men’? WTF is that about?

The cheek of Waggott telling ANYONE ‘to be grateful’ to get money out of the club is the biggest case of pot and kettle I’ve heard in a long time.

I would hope we continue to remember the ‘critical’ part of being a ‘critical friend’.

• Like 4