BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

11 hours ago, Miller11 said:

No summer holiday for me this year, just having my tea after getting back from Wigan, apologies for the deafening hour silence.

To clarify a few things:

We have discussed budgets and finances a lot during our MOU meetings. Last time round we were told that Venky’s envisioned no problems in remitting funds when they applied to do so with the ED, albeit under the restrictions (costed and guaranteed). Additionally they were hopeful the requirement for a guarantee would soon be removed and the court issues all resolved.

This was followed up with specifics around the wording in the court document where it was reiterated that they believe they could send money over. We were also told that Waggott can only tell us what the owners are telling him. He asks them to send money over when required. when that wasn’t possible he had to make up the shortfall with sales and cost cutting. In my personal opinion, the last 18 months has been about preventing any winding up orders, which has been done successfully, and mitigating fan unrest, which hasn’t.

We then asked if any money had been requested from them - we were told it had.

We then asked if it had been sent yet, and we were told not yet, but it was expected.

Obviously this was some time ago, not sure of levels, or whether it has materialised. We wouldn’t ever be told transfer budgets or any other commercially sensitive or contractually private information. My guess would be that something has occurred in the last week or so as suddenly their appears to be a green light in terms of incomings, to what level remains to be seen.

I don’t attend fans forum meetings, but I expect similar discussions were had with them.

Presumably the heavy looking activity on here tonight has been triggered by the piss weak lineup we fielded against Wigan? I haven’t read every post. Can’t argue with that, the squad needs major work. Apparently incomings are on the way, and evidently outgoings are too.

As a slight aside, I’m not sure everyone on this thread who thinks they are a member are - we can check for you. Also, we are getting calls to take a more confrontational stance, rip up the MOU, cease engagement etc from people who categorically aren’t. We always respond to member emails, we don’t monitor this thread 24/7.

We are constantly telling the club that the current situation is not acceptable, and the mass unrest that is permeating the fanbase is being exacerbated by their lack of communication, and obviously their lack of action.

We’ve complained loudly that we have been told about projects, and how the likes of Phillips and Wharton were heralded as the future of our club for years to come, and they’ve both been shipped off in their teens and barely a penny spent replacing them.

I’m not sure what anyone thinks abusing Steve Waggott would achieve for us. I’ll tell you what us publicly calling for Venky’s to sell the club has done when it’s happened in the past - absolutely nothing. That said, we’ve made it very clear that the one positive thing anyone could possibly say about them as owners over their tenure has been the level of funding. The second they become unwilling or unable to fund us there is nothing positive about their ownership of Rovers.

For the moment we need to keep trying to exert influence using the means we have available to us, obviously it’s a pivotal few weeks coming up though

so fans regarding maggot ..sit down shut up ,.

11 hours ago, Miller11 said:

To clarify, no we are not. However, that shouldn’t be taken as an endorsement of the way the club is being run. Nor should it be presumed we wouldn’t welcome new owners.

wow... #venkysout

glad I ain't joined the WATVS

we are the venky sympathisers 

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

People need to read this bit in particular, take a good look in the mirror and ask themselves this:

Before I criticise WATR or BRAG or similar groups, have I given up free time for the cause? Have I turned down extra work shifts or missed some important family events because I wanted to focus on doing something (for NO personal benefit) to help my club?

Only if the answer is an honest YES do you get to throw any shade their way.

I have my own criticisms of WATR which I’ve discussed with them, but my message to naysayers is if you want them to take a certain stance then put your money (less than £1/month) where your bollocks are. Put up or stfu.

so if we don't put up money to venky sympathisers we've to STFU...love to be told that against derby.

anyhow fuck it breakfast and beer in toulon time

Talk of putting bums on seats need to be halted.

Putting bums on seats won't aid getting rid of the board or the owners ,

It's all very much, how can we help you bring fans back, and all very one sided.

Throwing a party at the funeral is rubbing the fans noses in it.

A total vote of no confidence in both the board and ownership is where many are more leaning than the very low percentage who thinks this still works 

• Like 4

WATR will be taking stock of our position after the 20th August court case and our MoU meeting at the end of August.

Members already have the opportunity to feed back; with most Newsletters (we aim for at least 10 per year) we ask for feedback and we have recently done so with our Twitter feed (eg our last Newsletter.  Members know how to contact us and indeed many do; being totally honest the feedback is very much in support of engagement.

I am an occasional visitor on here however various WATR Board members do read posts and we are aware of opinion.  However you must realise the views of individual posters on here are not the only source of feedback. For us to change our position feedback must be member led.  12 months ago WATR had a poor website and no way of reminding members when subs were due; our membership system was creaky to say the least.  The website has been updated.  Our communications (2 way) have improved and our membership system is being brought up to date.  Our membership has also increased circa 30% in the last few months and we get positive feedback.

I am not publishing the Twitter screen shots below for effect but they do illustrate that individual posters on brfcs are not the sole arbiters of opinion on our Club. (Before anyone has a go they are not my views - indeed I have kept my personal views out of this post).

Back to my initial paragraph.  Our Board will meet to discuss the 20th and subsequent MoU meeting very soon after those events.  The Board, not me, will decide on our response.  Given the watershed moments upon us it could well be the case we  decide to consult with members on our stance towards the owners.

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

IMG_6215.jpeg

13 hours ago, K-Hod said:

That absolute throbber that’s on the board and thinks Venky’s are the best owners in football is probably holding you back tbh.

What a complete empty head he is.

Kenny.  WATR would not dream of making such personal comments about individual owners of this message board.  

We have an elected Board and they hold a wide cross section of opinion.  My role is to try and get the Board to a consensus on a way forward, it can be challenging given the different views.

• Like 3

It's no different to what many of us say or perceive about the core of posters on the LT or facebook sites, twitter imo is far more in line with what gets said on here.

Certainly amongst the grown ups on there and most of those screenshot posts will be from kids who haven't yet discovered where their arse is never mind elbow when it comes to Rovers.  Lets be honest when most of us were 19 we thought most Rovers fans over 30 were miserable moaning negative wankers.

No different amongst any other similar clubs when you look around except our fanbase remains one of the most insular in the country and some think being angry is unique to Blackburn.

For balance any positivity also gets jumped on far too quickly but when it comes to 'fans blaming fans' for our recurring problems we are numero uno in the country for that which is very very sad.

As are those who stoke that particular issue.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's no different to what many of us say or perceive about the core of posters on the LT or facebook sites, twitter imo is far more in line with what gets said on here.

Certainly amongst the grown ups on there and most of those screenshot posts will be from kids who haven't yet discovered where their arse is never mind elbow when it comes to Rovers.  Lets be honest when most of us were 19 we thought most Rovers fans over 30 were miserable moaning negative wankers.

No different amongst any other similar clubs when you look around except our fanbase remains one of the most insular in the country and some think being angry is unique to Blackburn.

For balance any positivity also gets jumped on far too quickly but when it comes to 'fans blaming fans' for our recurring problems we are numero uno in the country for that which is very very sad.

As are those who stoke that particular issue.

True

Not sure what the point of that screen grab is in relation to this thread. Social media is more ‘positive’ than here, so? Fanbases everywhere are made up of all sorts. Ignore the noise and focus on the state of the club. We are at a hinge point in our history and to hear that the WATR board as of today still doesn’t want a change of ownership was striking.

I had a very simple question that miller dodged, maybe the Chairman will answer it - do you have a Save our Club campaign ready to mobilise quickly post August 20th?

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure what the point of that screen grab is in relation to this thread. Social media is more ‘positive’ than here, so? Fanbases everywhere are made up of all sorts. Ignore the noise and focus on the state of the club. We are at a hinge point in our history and to hear that the WATR board as of today still doesn’t want a change of ownership was striking.

I had a very simple question that miller dodged, maybe the Chairman will answer it - do you have a Save our Club campaign ready to mobilise quickly post August 20th?

First para:  I explained the context.  There are a wide variety of views.

Second para:  No, we do not have a campaign ready.  

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Waggott does 🤣

Don't bite Mike, it was tongue in cheek.

I said it in jest; my warped sense of humour.  

We don’t get biscuits by the way however we may raise it as a formal complaint at our next MoU meeting.  Either that or I will take my own Hobnobs and charge the Club for scoffing them.  £10 sounds about right 😉

• Like 1

Hobnob tax, great idea.

If they charge 4 quid for a pie just because it's served hot ,enough to heat a small village in mid winter, inside a football ground then a pound a biscuit to the execs seems fair enough !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

This what the fans are resorting to? Personal abuse? 

resorting to...????

them pricks in India and maggot have abused our club , our legacy , our fans  uncle Jack....

how the hell is it resorting to...we get it your a sympathiser. 

30 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

I said it in jest; my warped sense of humour.  

We don’t get biscuits by the way however we may raise it as a formal complaint at our next MoU meeting.  Either that or I will take my own Hobnobs and charge the Club for scoffing them.  £10 sounds about right 😉

Make sure you get the cash up front 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

First para:  I explained the context.  There are a wide variety of views.

Second para:  No, we do not have a campaign ready.  

Regards the second paragraph…

Would it be an idea to start possibly planning one?

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 hours ago, ABBEY said:

so if we don't put up money to venky sympathisers we've to STFU...love to be told that against derby.

anyhow fuck it breakfast and beer in toulon time

Regardless of your view on them, yes. If you want to have the influence of being a member, you need to be a member.

I do think survey idea posted above should be a more regular occurrence in terms of gauging views.

Remember that WATR represent a wider scope of fans than is on BRFCS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Graham said:

WATR will be taking stock of our position after the 20th August court case and our MoU meeting at the end of August.

Members already have the opportunity to feed back; with most Newsletters (we aim for at least 10 per year) we ask for feedback and we have recently done so with our Twitter feed (eg our last Newsletter.  Members know how to contact us and indeed many do; being totally honest the feedback is very much in support of engagement.

I am an occasional visitor on here however various WATR Board members do read posts and we are aware of opinion.  However you must realise the views of individual posters on here are not the only source of feedback. For us to change our position feedback must be member led.  12 months ago WATR had a poor website and no way of reminding members when subs were due; our membership system was creaky to say the least.  The website has been updated.  Our communications (2 way) have improved and our membership system is being brought up to date.  Our membership has also increased circa 30% in the last few months and we get positive feedback.

I am not publishing the Twitter screen shots below for effect but they do illustrate that individual posters on brfcs are not the sole arbiters of opinion on our Club. (Before anyone has a go they are not my views - indeed I have kept my personal views out of this post).

Back to my initial paragraph.  Our Board will meet to discuss the 20th and subsequent MoU meeting very soon after those events.  The Board, not me, will decide on our response.  Given the watershed moments upon us it could well be the case we  decide to consult with members on our stance towards the owners.

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

IMG_6215.jpeg

Let’s have a look at your twitter posters shall we Mike and see if they hold widely differing views from on here. It seems to me they may have an issue with the forum but all want the owners out.

SalfordRover has retweeted he wants Venkys out.

Sonny has said “Get these bastards out of our club I beg”

MatthewShaw retwteets Linz that Rovers is “a shit show” and “dying”. Also retweets roverschat that we have suffered “14 years of neglect and decay”

Eoin has previously stated Venkys have fucked up the club. Was very anti-Venkys even as far back as 2012. Says everything is pointless until the senior management / owners change.

In February Sam Lord says “Venkys need to fuck off now and so does Waggot”

Umair also after the Maguire fiasco was Venkys out, posting the “enough is enough” badge.

So all of your examples of “differing opinion” all want Venkys to leave.
Still, you get some more Stone Roses played before matchday and give the next digital day your blessing.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Miller11 said:

To clarify, no we are not. However, that shouldn’t be taken as an endorsement of the way the club is being run. Nor should it be presumed we wouldn’t welcome new owners.

If they cannot fund/run the Club properly then ALL fans and Supporter Associations MUST unite to call for them to put the Club up for Sale.My worry is we all seem to be pulling in different directions atm.

WE CANT CARRY ON LIKE THIS ANYMORE.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4