BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So from what has been said, am I right in thinking that a full report of the meeting with Pasha will be relayed on here - and if so when can we expect it, not to pressure anyone time wise, but just so we know.

It will be relayed to Trust members, no doubt one of them will post it on here.

4 hours ago, ABBEY said:

ok to post on here but not expect questions when cuddling up to the rats.

Wind yer neck in. You can ask me as many fucking questions as you like - I’ve been in Tenerife for a week and have no idea yet what was said at the meeting but they have promised to publish what was discussed. The meeting was arranged with almost no notice and on a Friday and yet folk are getting their knickers in a twist because they haven’t heard anything by Monday.

I will repeat. There is no obligation for the Trust or individual Board members to report anything on this messageboard. When I post on here it is generally in a personal capacity. 

I put a lot of what is very precious time into helping out with the Trust, as do several others. Reading some of the nonsense on this forum - and not just from you - makes me wonder why I fucking bother to be honest.

“Cuddling up to the rats”? Dearie me.

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Wind yer neck in. You can ask me as many fucking questions as you like - I’ve been in Tenerife for a week and have no idea yet what was said at the meeting but they have promised to publish what was discussed. The meeting was arranged with almost no notice and on a Friday and yet folk are getting their knickers in a twist because they haven’t heard anything by Monday.

I will repeat. There is no obligation for the Trust or individual Board members to report anything on this messageboard. When I post on here it is generally in a personal capacity. 

I put a lot of what is very precious time into helping out with the Trust, as do several others. Reading some of the nonsense on this forum - and not just from you - makes me wonder why I fucking bother to be honest.

Do you know if this meeting was in response to a specific request by WATR or if Suhail  just proactively offered to speak?

I hope you enjoyed Tenerife, I bet you wish you hadn’t come back 😁

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No mate, I really don’t think I did. 

Oh you have, your attitude in the few posts you've responded too is exactly the reason many question in the first place.

Not aimed at anyone in particular but I’ve never really understood the ‘sacrificing my precious time’ argument.

People do what they enjoy, there’s no obligation to be on a forum/trust etc. If people didn’t get some enjoyment or personal satisfaction out of it they wouldn’t do it. 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I hope so, otherwise the Trust is operating like some sort of secret society purely on the basis it's members have paid a tenner. It's important we know what you're being told by the Club and the views you're putting across in response as many people may not agree with either and may wish to make their own representations.

That's what people are wary of and "getting their knickers in a twist" about I think, not the fact that the minutes aren't out ten minutes after the meeting has finished.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Do you know if this meeting was in response to a specific request by WATR or if Suhail  just proactively offered to speak?

I hope you enjoyed Tenerife, I bet you wish you hadn’t come back 😁

That I can answer. WATR requested a meeting and insisted that Suhail be present.

PS - I’m not back yet but fly back later tonight 😢

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That I can answer. WATR requested a meeting and insisted that Suhail be present.

PS - I’m not back yet but fly back later tonight 😢

Must be feeling the heat if he agreed to it.

29 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Oh you have, your attitude in the few posts you've responded too is exactly the reason many question in the first place.

Well at least three of the people who have reacted or responded know me ‘in the real world’ and I would be surprised if any of them had anything negative to say about what I bring to the Trust. I protested against the Rovers Board in the 70s and 80s but I’m too old now to be sitting on pitches and marching down Nuttall Street so this is the only way I can help. 

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I hope so, otherwise the Trust is operating like some sort of secret society purely on the basis it's members have paid a tenner. It's important we know what you're being told by the Club and the views you're putting across in response as many people may not agree with either and may wish to make their own representations.

That's what people are wary of and "getting their knickers in a twist" about I think, not the fact that the minutes aren't out ten minutes after the meeting has finished.

I must have misread a few of the negative posts then 😉

• Like 1

I understand the comments around people giving up their time to do this, but one thing you have to consider is that from the moment the meeting has taken place, those involved are then privy to information which all fans should be aware of so you can appreciate an influx of comments & quite possibly frustration! 

I can also appreciate from those involved in the meetings it can grow frustrating seeing the comments but do consider those who aren't involved and the situation for what it is (not saying you don't). It is a testing time no matter as it has been for years, so any fan aware of things such as this is going to want to know the outcome/what was discussed. 

Most comments have been relatively sound if you consider this.

Anyway, where are the f***ing notes? 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At a rough guess a Court hearing pivotal to the very future of the Club in (now) 15 days time?

If it goes to the Court still contested, Venky's and their ownership of Rovers are in a whole lot of trouble. The judge almost certainly won't pronounce judgement on the day and will either call for further hearing(s) or announce a future date for adjudication. In either case, the transfer deadline will have come and gone before the decision is made.

Conversely, this sort of case often gets sorted out by an out of Court agreement between parties and on the day the Judge is asked to approve the agreed settlement. Sometimes the Court is unconvinced either by a detail or by the whole deal but usually the Judge will have been pre-briefed and it becomes a formality.

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Know what the reasoning was for the urgent request?

In a nutshell pissed off at the constant avoidance of meeting us and a fairly bleak outlook for the club and getting worse (I don’t think we’d signed anyone at that point) and of course all the court case shit in India.

• Like 5

Just now, AVE1875 said:

I understand the comments around people giving up their time to do this, but one thing you have to consider is that from the moment the meeting has taken place, those involved are then privy to information which all fans should be aware of so you can appreciate an influx of comments & quite possibly frustration! 

I can also appreciate from those involved in the meetings it can grow frustrating seeing the comments but do consider those who aren't involved and the situation for what it is (not saying you don't). It is a testing time no matter as it has been for years, so any fan aware of things such as this is going to want to know the outcome/what was discussed. 

Most comments have been relatively sound if you consider this.

Anyway, where are the f***ing notes? 🤣

It has been reported on here often enough that Rovers management and the Trust agree the factual content and both sign the minutes as a true and accurate record.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

It has been reported on here often enough that Rovers management and the Trust agree the factual content and both sign the minutes as a true and accurate record.

Excuse my confusion...

I never questioned anything like that other than made a lighthearted satirical comment towards the end of my post, my post of which in basis was detailing that I can completely understand frustration from both sides i.e. General Members and those who attend meetings? 

35 minutes ago, philipl said:

What you have said has never been doubted, what has been queried, are the questions that have actually been asked, and the answers given to those questions .

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, philipl said:

If it goes to the Court still contested, Venky's and their ownership of Rovers are in a whole lot of trouble. The judge almost certainly won't pronounce judgement on the day and will either call for further hearing(s) or announce a future date for adjudication. In either case, the transfer deadline will have come and gone before the decision is made.

Conversely, this sort of case often gets sorted out by an out of Court agreement between parties and on the day the Judge is asked to approve the agreed settlement. Sometimes the Court is unconvinced either by a detail or by the whole deal but usually the Judge will have been pre-briefed and it becomes a formality.

Unless I've missed it somewhere, this is something that we need to ascertain, are these hearings a series of one off affairs whereby the Club have to trot off periodically more or less indefinitely to get expenditure authorised or is it envisaged that there will eventually be a final hearing at which a decision will be made either

a) They can now transfer funds without restriction or

b) They are not allowed to transfer funds over any longer

If so how long is that going to take to get to a final determination?

Without completely jumping the gun on our official response, one thing that is massively problematic at the club is (lack of) communication with the fans. Whatever questions we ask, we are never going to please everyone. Some people think we don’t ask the right ones, some people think we don’t question the answers enough, some people think we shouldn’t engage at all, some people think we should be slinging round abuse.

We have to act in a way that we feel best represents our membership, at the moment much of this is driven by the MOU we have with the club. What is currently beyond our remit is to get all the answers everyone wants, or to put across the clubs messages for them. We do however recognise we are in a “privileged” position as we have more access to ask questions than most. As a result a big part of what we discussed was around generally improving both communication and wider fan engagement, hopefully leading to an opportunity for everyone who frequently reminds us we don’t represent them to have their say.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

To be fair I think either i'm completely numb to negativity, or the majority of the responses here have been overwhelmingly positive!

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Without completely jumping the gun on our official response, one thing that is massively problematic at the club is (lack of) communication with the fans. Whatever questions we ask, we are never going to please everyone. Some people think we don’t ask the right ones, some people think we don’t question the answers enough, some people think we shouldn’t engage at all, some people think we should be slinging round abuse.

We have to act in a way that we feel best represents our membership, at the moment much of this is driven by the MOU we have with the club. What is currently beyond our remit is to get all the answers everyone wants, or to put across the clubs messages for them. We do however recognise we are in a “privileged” position as we have more access to ask questions than most. As a result a big part of what we discussed was around generally improving both communication and wider fan engagement, hopefully leading to an opportunity for everyone who frequently reminds us we don’t represent them to have their say.

Without wanting to sound over critical I hope you discussed and got some revealing answers to some rather more pressing issues than "communication".

That type of general thing can wait for another day.

• Like 2