BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

24 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Genuinely want to know on the outcome of the meeting.

The outcome was genuinely just to set up another fan forum?

I thought we were actually going to hold them to account for lack of funding, failed January signings.

Sales of key players and no replacements - hell we're still waiting for Brereton Diaz to be replaced let alone Gallagher.

So I'm struggling to understand why such key things have been missed, we've got a high high chance of being relegated currently so need to be asking tough questions.

Rather than giving Waggott another chance to say "I'll look into it" and then never hearing anything more.

Also, fantastically encouraging to hear that this court case 'old chestnut' is actually a wonderful opportunity to strike a deal whereby our benevolent owners will finally be able to transfer all those millions over that they've been so cruelly stopped from doing due to their (alleged) breaching of actual laws. Thank goodness this long-delayed opportunity is coming round and we will imminently put a stop to flogging off our young prospects, and anyone with a half decent wage, to the first offeror and begin to maintain our stadium, spend a little bit of money on transfers, etc. Exciting times. Roll on the next 14 years of Pasha and Venkys, lets have a chat with them every now and again during that time, which will have absolutely no bearing at all on those in Pune. 

They need to fuck off and stop killing our club. That's all.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Genuinely want to know on the outcome of the meeting.

The outcome was genuinely just to set up another fan forum?

I thought we were actually going to hold them to account for lack of funding, failed January signings.

Sales of key players and no replacements - hell we're still waiting for Brereton Diaz to be replaced let alone Gallagher.

So I'm struggling to understand why such key things have been missed, we've got a high high chance of being relegated currently so need to be asking tough questions.

Rather than giving Waggott another chance to say "I'll look into it" and then never hearing anything more.

The outcome of the meeting is that Suhail will now be attending our official MOU meetings, and that EFL mandated Supporter Consultation meetings (not “another fan forum”) will be occurring with the first one hopefully very soon.

It wouldn’t be right or appropriate for the clubs entire strategy to be communicated to two supporters in what was effectively an initial introductions meeting, for us to then relay to our members. This is the sort of communication that needs to be coming directly from the CEO and COO, not through any conduit. It needs to be detailed, it needs to address wider supporter concerns, and it mends to be honest. This is exactly what we have impressed upon them.

The January signings fiasco has been done to death. I’d say people have been held to account judging by the complete demolition of the previous recruitment team and exits of previous club officials, whether you personally believe they were the right people, I don’t know. There isn’t a mic drop question that is suddenly going to make Venky’s decide to sell up, or Waggott and Suhail to suddenly drop £15 million on a new centre forward. If you can think of one I’m all ears.

Your last paragraph is exactly what we are trying to get beyond. The communications void won’t be fixed overnight.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Also, fantastically encouraging to hear that this court case 'old chestnut' is actually a wonderful opportunity to strike a deal whereby our benevolent owners will finally be able to transfer all those millions over that they've been so cruelly stopped from doing due to their (alleged) breaching of actual laws. Thank goodness this long-delayed opportunity is coming round and we will imminently put a stop to flogging off our young prospects, and anyone with a half decent wage, to the first offeror and begin to maintain our stadium, spend a little bit of money on transfers, etc. Exciting times. Roll on the next 14 years of Pasha and Venkys, lets have a chat with them every now and again during that time, which will have absolutely no bearing at all on those in Pune. 

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. If Venkys win their court case they will once again have the right to underfund us and lead us into League One..

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The outcome of the meeting is that Suhail will now be attending our official MOU meetings, and that EFL mandated Supporter Consultation meetings (not “another fan forum”) will be occurring with the first one hopefully very soon.

It wouldn’t be right or appropriate for the clubs entire strategy to be communicated to two supporters in what was effectively an initial introductions meeting, for us to then relay to our members. This is the sort of communication that needs to be coming directly from the CEO and COO, not through any conduit. It needs to be detailed, it needs to address wider supporter concerns, and it mends to be honest. This is exactly what we have impressed upon them.

The January signings fiasco has been done to death. I’d say people have been held to account judging by the complete demolition of the previous recruitment team and exits of previous club officials, whether you personally believe they were the right people, I don’t know. There isn’t a mic drop question that is suddenly going to make Venky’s decide to sell up, or Waggott and Suhail to suddenly drop £15 million on a new centre forward. If you can think of one I’m all ears.

Your last paragraph is exactly what we are trying to get beyond. The communications void won’t be fixed overnight.

I think fans want reassurance that tough questions will be asked. Of course in a good way, but he needs to be told such things.

Everything behind the scenes at Ewood is not good. Maybe mention the wider concerns of us fans and what are they going to actually do to improve this. Can they admit they have failed?

Also, how Waggott has been ‘playing’ things.

I understand, some fans seem to be happy with the owners, but many a disgruntled with them and this needs to be pointed out and askEd, why after 14 years, they still are making massive mistakes.

i truly hope, this can move forward one way or another. These meetings will be the most important yet.

They NEED to start listening.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think what people were expecting to see was questions asked , followed by answer in a minuted format.

Also as its been made clear by oldjamfan, its for members only, can we start seeing statements referring to asking questions for members rather than the supporter base?

The Trust does not represent me, therefore I don't want gerneralism of supporters suggesting they do. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I think what people were expecting to see was questions asked , followed by answer in a minuted format.

Also as its been made clear by oldjamfan, its for members only, can we start seeing statements referring to asking questions for members rather than the supporter base?

The Trust does not represent me, therefore I don't want gerneralism of supporters suggesting they do. 

I think key thing is a questionnaire for the trust to understand the actual view of the membership to then have a clear mandate on what the members actually want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

There is very little doubt about it, that getting Suhail to engage in a meeting is a VERY BIG achievement and given the short notice and the lack of preparation (from both side) what has happened there is fair enough.

I know the strategy employed to get that meeting, was a solid one and I am encouraged, by what has happened and look forward to the MOU meetings taking place.

The court date is still pivotal and will no doubt dictate the agenda for the next meeting, especially, if the owners are still prevented from funding.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

There is probably no need to use the work alleged in there, as the article below states what has actually gone on.

This in turn had brought about the impediment to funding and may lead to a permanent ban come 20/08/2024.

https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/ed-seizes-immovable-properties-worth-over-rs-24-cr-of-venkateshwara-hatcheries-under-fema-provisions20231009204844/

• Like 2

16 hours ago, We Are The Rovers said:

The forthcoming 20th August Delhi High Court case was also discussed. It was reiterated to WATR that the forthcoming 20th August Delhi High Court hearing is seen as an opportunity for the Owners to agree a better solution is in place for remittance of funds to BRFC in the UK, and that the Owners are committed to continue to fund any losses of Blackburn Rovers for the coming season.

So this is confirmation that they can fund, but will only do so once the money from AW/Raya/SS has run out?

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

There is probably no need to use the work alleged in there, as the article below states what has actually gone on.

This in turn had brought about the impediment to funding and may lead to a permanent ban come 20/08/2024.

https://www.aninews.in/news/national/general-news/ed-seizes-immovable-properties-worth-over-rs-24-cr-of-venkateshwara-hatcheries-under-fema-provisions20231009204844/

I'm sure you are right.

That I retain residual fear that the owners of the football club I support and love might be quick to pick up on, and take petty action against, comments on a fans' internet forum perhaps feeds into why I hold no stock in what any of them say to any supporters group across a table. Amongst many other instances, the experiences of a range of Rovers individual, and groups of, supporters with Venkys over the years show that the owners and their lackeys are never to be trusted. It is highly unlikely that any meaningful progress will be made by speaking with them, and more foreseeable that those supporters will be 'played', like others before them.

The forthcoming 20th August Delhi High Court case was also discussed. It was reiterated to WATR that the forthcoming 20th August Delhi High Court hearing is seen as an opportunity for the Owners to agree a better solution is in place for remittance of funds to BRFC in the UK, 

Finally an admission of sorts that there has been an impedance to funding from India.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

As others have said, far too gone for that IMO. The one and only thing they need to do is bugger off. I’m quite surprised anyone thinks otherwise.

Dont get me wrong, I want them gone, but communication is still needed.

If they are funding us this season, does that mean they are looking for a way out next season?

2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Finally an admission of sorts that there has been an impedance to funding from India.

Seems to be confirmation that they don’t want to post a bond and so won’t be funding until a ‘better solution’ is found. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

I just wish the club would communicate through an open channel instead of these members only clubs or secret player/fan meetings.

Just do an interview with the local paper and/or put an in depth interview out on the club website.

All fans whether casual, season ticket holder or member of a forum deserve open, consistent and transparent communication from the club.

Me too. It’s exactly what we are asking them to do.

• Like 3

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Do you think they will?

I think they will do something. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Waggott do an interview with Andy Bayes again over the next week or so. Whether it satisfies the supporters or not is another matter, and I’m pretty sure that whatever is said there will be a number of questions from a wide range of fans. Hopefully they can then be asked at a consultation meeting which is fully minuted and broadcast.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think they will do something. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Waggott do an interview with Andy Bayes again over the next week or so. Whether it satisfies the supporters or not is another matter, and I’m pretty sure that whatever is said there will be a number of questions from a wide range of fans. Hopefully they can then be asked at a consultation meeting which is fully minuted and broadcast.

Thanks for that, I have one more question (apologies if this has already been asked and answered)

Did you (WATR) state what your position would be should improvements not be forthcoming?

It was reiterated to WATR that the forthcoming 20th August Delhi High Court hearing is seen as an opportunity for the Owners to agree a better solution is in place for remittance of funds to BRFC in the UK, and that the Owners are committed to continue to fund any losses of Blackburn Rovers for the coming season

And "next" season?

This appears to be be raising more concerns than its addressing.

You haven't told us there if there was any response from the Club to your various assertions. Did Suhail just sit there taking notes and say nothing or did he provide some responses that you have chosen not to divulge in the interests of building a relationship.

I also think you're getting way way too hung up on the communication aspect. If we go into administration or out of business as a result of the Court Hearing on the 20th I couldn't care less if they communicate the news in an efficient and timely fashion.

However whilst they are still Owners I do want them to fund the Club to the maximum amount permissible under the Regulations, to run the Club in a proper manner and provide a transfer budget to make us competitive.

If they do that I'm not really bothered if we never hear from them from one year to the next.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I also think you're getting way way too hung up on the communication aspect.

I was just going to post this. There seems to be too much emphasis on 'communication'.

I honestly couldn't care less if I never heard from that plonker Swag again, or any of them. BS spouted to forums, BS spouted to Andy Bayes, BS, BS, BS. There is no transparency, so what value do these 'comms' add?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was just going to post this. There seems to be too much emphasis on 'communication'.

I honestly couldn't care less if I never heard from that plonker Swag again, or any of them. BS spouted to forums, BS spouted to Andy Bayes, BS, BS, BS. There is no transparency, so what value do these 'comms' add?

If there’s clear communication at least the fans will be able to understand the full picture. As it stands there’s so much rumour and hearsay, because they don’t communicate even the basics. I agree with the Trust here, it’s the biggest issue. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

If there’s clear communication at least the fans will be able to understand the full picture. As it stands there’s so much rumour and hearsay, because they don’t communicate even the basics. I agree with the Trust here, it’s the biggest issue. 

So the same obfuscation, but just on a wider scale.