BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

3 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

I think fans want reassurance that tough questions will be asked. Of course in a good way, but he needs to be told such things.

Everything behind the scenes at Ewood is not good. Maybe mention the wider concerns of us fans and what are they going to actually do to improve this. Can they admit they have failed?

Also, how Waggott has been ‘playing’ things.

I understand, some fans seem to be happy with the owners, but many a disgruntled with them and this needs to be pointed out and askEd, why after 14 years, they still are making massive mistakes.

i truly hope, this can move forward one way or another. These meetings will be the most important yet.

They NEED to start listening.

As someone else on the board posted recently, the pertinent question is ‘name one thing that has got better in this last 14 years’ ?

1 hour ago, J*B said:

If there’s clear communication at least the fans will be able to understand the full picture. As it stands there’s so much rumour and hearsay, because they don’t communicate even the basics. I agree with the Trust here, it’s the biggest issue. 

That's my point. We won't receive 'clear' communication from this regime, never have, never will.

If more statements from the likes of Swag/Suhail ticks some 'we've seen an increase in comms from the club' box on a Trust press release, ok, but I ask again what value does that add when it comes from a fundamentally opaque and dishonest organisation?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That's my point. We won't receive 'clear' communication from this regime, never have, never will.

If more statements from the likes of Swag/Suhail ticks some 'we've seen an increase in comms from the club' box on a Trust press release, ok, but I ask again what value does that add when it comes from a fundamentally opaque and dishonest organisation?

If they're both attending consultation meetings then its on the supporters to push for the questions and if they're not answered keep pushing.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Through any necessary means?

IMG_1799.jpeg.219575bae2c0f45f7477bd42bcd1743a.jpeg

If BRFCS is invited to this supporters consultation - much like at the earlier meeting - I'll be respectful and dignified but won't shy away from asking hard questions and pressing until there's an answer.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

If BRFCS is invited to this supporters consultation - much like at the earlier meeting - I'll be respectful and dignified but won't shy away from asking hard questions and pressing until there's an answer.

I wasn’t being entirely serious 😁

If you are invited, will you be taking potential questions from forum members?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

If there’s clear communication at least the fans will be able to understand the full picture. As it stands there’s so much rumour and hearsay, because they don’t communicate even the basics. I agree with the Trust here, it’s the biggest issue. 

Disagree completely. As the old saying goes - "Actions speak louder than words".

They need to be DOING the right thing not just saying it.

It's a good effort to get Suhail to a Supporters meeting though for what it's worth at the end of the day.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, J*B said:

But it is getting the space for someone to pursue the follow up questions, though, isn't it...

All too often, Andy Bayes ( is it still him?)will chair the discussion and switch to another question on a completely different subject ..about meat and potato pies or something...Or, worse still, Bayes will read out a list of questions, jumbled together.

I really needs one or two people, working together, with the mandate to pursue a question through all the obfuscation..

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

But it is getting the space for someone to pursue the follow up questions, though, isn't it...

All too often, Andy Bayes ( is it still him?)will chair the discussion and switch to another question on a completely different subject ..about meat and potato pies or something...Or, worse still, Bayes will read out a list of questions, jumbled together.

I really needs one or two people, working together, with the mandate to pursue a question through all the obfuscation..

He knows how to portray he's asking the right questions without making his pray bite enough that they get the hump with him.

That means tricky questions are allowed stock answer replies.

4 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Dont get me wrong, I want them gone, but communication is still needed.

If they are funding us this season, does that mean they are looking for a way out next season?

only comms I want to hear is a dragons den ..I'm oot

Edited by ABBEY

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The outcome of the meeting is that Suhail will now be attending our official MOU meetings, and that EFL mandated Supporter Consultation meetings (not “another fan forum”) will be occurring with the first one hopefully very soon.

It wouldn’t be right or appropriate for the clubs entire strategy to be communicated to two supporters in what was effectively an initial introductions meeting, for us to then relay to our members. This is the sort of communication that needs to be coming directly from the CEO and COO, not through any conduit. It needs to be detailed, it needs to address wider supporter concerns, and it mends to be honest. This is exactly what we have impressed upon them.

Its very good that you got Suhail to commit to attending your meetings with Rovers and I think you have got a coup there to be honest. 

on the Communication with the fan base, its been a problem for years now, the lack of communication from the club whether its ownership problem in India, or CEO Waggott communication to the fan base over this issue or the backroom changes this summer. I did say that Waggott should have done end of season interview like Blackpool CEO and PNE CEO did with Radio Lancs. Nothing from Rovers. As you said in other post, Waggott will do an interview with Andy Bayes, Rovers TV and Elliott Jackson before the window closes. 

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The January signings fiasco has been done to death. I’d say people have been held to account judging by the complete demolition of the previous recruitment team and exits of previous club officials, whether you personally believe they were the right people, I don’t know. 

Totally agree. Its been done to death and we have get rid of the DoF, Club Secretary and the recruitment staff, then appoint a new Head of Football operations, new head of recruitment, Head of Football administration and new Technical Director.  

Lastly, Please can carry the good work yourself and Mike Graham are doing. Its a moving in positive direction at the minute

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, roverblue said:

I just wish the club would communicate through an open channel instead of these members only clubs or secret player/fan meetings.

Just do an interview with the local paper and/or put an in depth interview out on the club website.

All fans whether casual, season ticket holder or member of a forum deserve open, consistent and transparent communication from the club.

I knew we had a voice of reason somewhere.

Take a bow son.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I’m not sure you can have a chair at a supporters meeting, like you say, it won’t work. If the question isn’t answered you simply reply: “I don’t feel like that answers my question, could you please expand/confirm/go into more detail.” and sit and wait. It’s basic interview technique, ask a simple and straight forward question, then let the other person speak. 

4 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I wasn’t being entirely serious 😁

If you are invited, will you be taking potential questions from forum members?

Of course, that’s why anyone from BRFCS would be there. They’re not inviting me because we’re friends! To be fair, with notice we’d probably send @Herbie6590.

• Like 4

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not sure you can have a chair at a supporters meeting, like you say, it won’t work. If the question isn’t answered you simply reply: “I don’t feel like that answers my question, could you please expand/confirm/go into more detail.” and sit and wait. It’s basic interview technique, ask a simple and straight forward question, then let the other person speak. 

Of course, that’s why anyone from BRFCS would be there. They’re not inviting me because we’re friends! To be fair, with notice we’d probably send @Herbie6590.

Ian is superb at saying ‘But you’ve not answered my fucking question, you cunt!’ in cordial corporate speak.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, J*B said:

No chair? Well, what was Andy Bayes doing with the mic? I witnessed this at least twice...

Anyway, all this talk about communication may be a mere distraction. It reminds me of politicians trying to focus on the problem of "presentation", when the real issue is their policy and behaviour.

Venky's and their representatives need to change their behaviour, run the club better...or (preferably) just fuck off!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

More communication from the club and owners is exactly what we want. That way they can be held to what they say and pressed by the fans. We can demand to them that what they're doing isn't fucking good enough.

It won't take long for them to hang themselves with their own words.

Solid facts like what is outlined in the timeline can't be argued with or avoided.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

More communication from the club and owners is exactly what we want. That way they can be held to what they say and pressed by the fans. We can demand to them that what they're doing isn't fucking good enough.

It won't take long for them to hang themselves with their own words.

Solid facts like what is outlined in the timeline can't be argued with or avoided.

And perhaps more importantly:

“Suhail, you have previously accepted that your knowledge of football is limited. Who has told you that <insert decision here> is a good idea?”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

And perhaps more importantly:

“Suhail, you have previously accepted that your knowledge of football is limited. Who has told you that <insert decision here> is a good idea?”

"What about your links to Kentaro?"

"Why has there not been a single attempt to get the club back into the Premier League?"

Edited by Upside Down

One question to ask, “why after 14 years do the owners STILL make mistake, after mistake?” 

Can they enlighten us, what have they learned?

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

"What about your links to Kentaro?"

"Why has there not been a single attempt to get the club back into the Premier League?"

The latter question is the exact opposite of how to deal with them, in my experience of discussions with Waggott. 

He will ramble on for 15 minutes about how they’ve made multiple attempts, mention 8th and 7th place finishes, talk about how football has changed and how it could have been different if (insert injury, or bad decision, or non signing) hadn’t have happened and before you know it he’s talking about something completely off subject and you cant get back to the point. 

• Like 2