BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Ozz said:

The Rovers Trust/ WATR treasurer for several years, Mr Peter Dickinson has sadly passed away. Peter was a gentle and truly lovely man, who like all on the Trust offered his services for free, and further his work place offices as a regular venue for board meetings too. 

RIP Peter. 

Oh no 😢 So gutted to hear this, I only spoke to him a couple of weeks ago in passing.

Completely agree, he was a gentleman in all he did.

I’ll miss him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

He will ramble on for 15 minutes about how they’ve made multiple attempts, mention 8th and 7th place finishes, talk about how football has changed and how it could have been different if (insert injury, or bad decision, or non signing) hadn’t have happened and before you know it he’s talking about something completely off subject and you cant get back to the point. 

Exactly why looking for greater communication with him is absolutely pointless (IMO of course). He’s the king of spin and bollocks. No doubt king rat Suhail is cut from the same cloth.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, J*B said:

If they're both attending consultation meetings then its on the supporters to push for the questions and if they're not answered keep pushing.

Two different things.

If ‘comms’ is “look there’s Suhail talking to the LT, only possible because of WATR pressure”… but it’s the usual stonewalling and dissembling, I’d rather not see it, read enough of that claptrap in the FF minutes don’t need to see it written somewhere else too.

But if ‘comms’ actually means the likes of Our Ian not giving Suhail an inch in proper Consultation Meetings, then great, give ‘em hell.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ozz said:

The Rovers Trust/ WATR treasurer for several years, Mr Peter Dickinson has sadly passed away. Peter was a gentle and truly lovely man, who like all on the Trust offered his services for free, and further his work place offices as a regular venue for board meetings too. 

RIP Peter. 

It’s very sad. Peter was a big help to me when I first joined the Board. A very kind man who loved the Rovers and his family very much. 

RIP Peter x

• Like 5

On 05/08/2024 at 13:09, oldjamfan1 said:

It will be relayed to Trust members, no doubt one of them will post it on here.

Wind yer neck in. You can ask me as many fucking questions as you like - I’ve been in Tenerife for a week and have no idea yet what was said at the meeting but they have promised to publish what was discussed. The meeting was arranged with almost no notice and on a Friday and yet folk are getting their knickers in a twist because they haven’t heard anything by Monday.

I will repeat. There is no obligation for the Trust or individual Board members to report anything on this messageboard. When I post on here it is generally in a personal capacity. 

I put a lot of what is very precious time into helping out with the Trust, as do several others. Reading some of the nonsense on this forum - and not just from you - makes me wonder why I fucking bother to be honest.

“Cuddling up to the rats”? Dearie me.

wind me fucking neck in ? such a great trust response that. ( is that official trust reply to fans )

yes it is cuddling up to the rats ..playing nice should be only after they have gone . It's time to pressure pasha, maggot and the pune scum.

enough is enough

as for not wanting to "obligation" to repost on here then why have it on a public message board then .  

As for your precious time , we all give our precious time for one thing or another it don't make you a special case.

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozz said:

RIP Peter. 

Condolences to his family & friends

10 hours ago, J*B said:

Without wanting to speak on behalf of OldJam…

The Trust have over time said time and time again posts on here (or other social media platforms) aren’t official responses from The Trust and are instead views of individuals. Official comms from the Trust come from the We Are The Rovers BRFCS account.

They’re under no obligation to post here because not everyone here is a member. Although as many of us are - myself included - realistically the statements are best published by them here because they’ll make their way here regardless. 

Speaking as the BRFCS owner, I’m grateful The Trust maintain a presence on BRFCS and I think it’s wise they do as we have the largest Rovers active ‘membership’ (ie posters/viewers/active accounts). Should The Trust (or any other supporters group) ask BRFCS for attendance at meetings or opinion on ideas they’ll always get it, but we will say our true opinions and summarise the mood of our ‘membership’ whether that is what people want to hear or not. I would hope (and understand this is the case) The Trust appreciates that and given historically there’s been ‘bad relations’ between the numerous different supporters groups - which served no purpose other than unnecessary division - I personally feel it’s necessary.

If someone is desperate to get communication from the Trust they could always sign up for a tenner a year and get the email like I do. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

If someone is desperate to get communication from the Trust they could always sign up for a tenner a year and get the email like I do. 👍

That’s true…but the Trust want to grow membership, so they also need to communicate with non-members…

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

That’s true…but the Trust want to grow membership, so they also need to communicate with non-members…

Yes.

I think they really need to state clearly what the objectives of the Trust are. At present they are this:

"Our aims are clear, they are to:

Secure the assets of our Club and promote our unique heritage
    Preserve the long term health of our Club
    Regenerate a new support base and mitigate against lost fans"

But what does that mean? What does that look like? What is being done to achieve this?

The only way to preserve the long term health of the club is to get rid of the owners. I think there needs to be a line drawn in the sand on this issue. I've no problem working with the current ownership as long as the objective is to get rid of them. If we don't get shut then all of these stated objectives will never be achieved and we'll be lucky to even have a football club if things carry on the way they are.

This is the complaints we see on here time and time again, and is why the tea and biscuits line gets trotted out.

Excellent work has been done recently getting the shadow man in the spotlight. The work done by all involved with the Trust is commendable and as stated by others, if you want to affect the way the Trust operates then join up and have your say.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Yes.

I think they really need to state clearly what the objectives of the Trust are. At present they are this:

"Our aims are clear, they are to:

Secure the assets of our Club and promote our unique heritage
    Preserve the long term health of our Club
    Regenerate a new support base and mitigate against lost fans"

But what does that mean? What does that look like? What is being done to achieve this?

The only way to preserve the long term health of the club is to get rid of the owners. I think there needs to be a line drawn in the sand on this issue. I've no problem working with the current ownership as long as the objective is to get rid of them. If we don't get shut then all of these stated objectives will never be achieved and we'll be lucky to even have a football club if things carry on the way they are.

This is the complaints we see on here time and time again, and is why the tea and biscuits line gets trotted out.

Excellent work has been done recently getting the shadow man in the spotlight. The work done by all involved with the Trust is commendable and as stated by others, if you want to affect the way the Trust operates then join up and have your say.

Well, I am certainly convinced of your central point: the only way to preserve the long term health of the club is for the owners to go. Fourteen years of crap makes that abundantly clear to me.

Also, I do worry about what  child protection workers call "start again syndrome." 

The term is used to describe the over optimistic desire to ‘start again’ or ‘view the case with fresh eyes.’

This results in poor analysis of past history and parenting capacity. Interventions are tried again and again, with the absence of critical reflection as to whether outcomes are actually changing for the child.

Enough is enough imo....

• Like 4

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • J*B pinned this topic
14 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Football match tomorrow, no published shirt numbers yet.

The Comms is absolutely appalling.

Went on the roverstore and shirt printing . How accurate these are I don’t know but should be.

IMG_4766.png

IMG_4767.png

IMG_4768.png

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Went on the roverstore and shirt printing . How accurate these are I don’t know but should be.

IMG_4766.png

IMG_4767.png

IMG_4768.png

12 ? New keeper maybe ?

Edited by rigger

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

That's a coding thing when setting up the data in the retail system - it struggles with apostrophes...

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.39.59.png

As ever, the fans do a better job of communicating club goings-on than the club!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2024 at 14:20, K-Hod said:

Fair enough, Mike.

But, as I said before, the man thinks Venky’s are some of the best owners in football and the only reason WATR has had to exist, is because of those owners.

Heard he only lasted 3 weeks and has quit.

Positive sat in Santa Monica but absolutely no use in our Blackburn trench.

3 questions please for WATR.

1. Is there an update on your planning for the first consultation meeting which you took an action to arrange ? Date planned ? When can we expect invites to fan groups. Have you identified which groups will be invited ?... 

Reminder. Purpose is club finance and governance. Please insist on no representation from the footballing side as it is not relevent. Suhail and the Finance Director are the essential attendees.

2. Have you had a second meeting with Suhail yet or when is it scheduled?

3. Now the court case has been put back to November, I presume we are expecting a big announcement from you this week ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

3 questions please for WATR.

1. Is there an update on your planning for the first consultation meeting which you took an action to arrange ? Date planned ? When can we expect invites to fan groups. Have you identified which groups will be invited ?... 

Reminder. Purpose is club finance and governance. Please insist on no representation from the footballing side as it is not relevent. Suhail and the Finance Director are the essential attendees.

2. Have you had a second meeting with Suhail yet or when is it scheduled?

3. Now the court case has been put back to November, I presume we are expecting a big announcement from you this week ?

I think the time is ripe to attract new membership here, if this court decision, is anything to go by.

I am not a member, but will happily become one, if this is now the time to strike and get some real answers to this issue. 

Is there anyone else on here, feeling the same way?

• Like 1