BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Deaths

• 1 month later...
On 26/08/2024 at 15:06, Gav said:

Probably my best ever England away trip.

Thanks for the memories Sven.

IMG_3361.thumb.png.971b7a69773ef4f07f4c082474ef053b.png

What a night ? I was in Munich the other week with my son for a few days, visited the stadium and Olympic park, very advanced design when you think it was built over 50 years ago.  That area must have been carnage with circa 9,000 England fans there at that time  when trouble abroad was rife?

I see the Dutch legend Johan Neeskens died yesterday, he was one of my favourite ever footballers

Growing up at a time when England were absent from the World Cup for 12 years, as a kid in 74 and 78 supported the Dutch.

He was just behind Cruyff in talent for me, ably supported by Kroll, Rensenbrink, Rep etc..

RIP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

RIP Paul Di'anno

another legend gone too soon

Those first two Maiden albums are perfection. I was lucky enough to see him on tour last year and he about to hit the road again just next week. Just as the wonderful Clive Burr from the same lineup, gone too soon and deserved such a kinder life. RIP.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Not only was he the original singer for Maiden, he was the best.

He was the best for the style of those first two albums.

Iron Maiden and Killers were excellent and very raw sounding. I also love Piece of Mind, Seventh Son, A Matter of Life and Death and many of the Bruce albums. Paul wouldn't have suited those. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

On 22/10/2024 at 21:51, Upside Down said:

They were excellent up to seventh son, I feel like after that they just hit the repeat button and never really did anything new.

The first two records are the best for me though, followed by Number Of The Beast and Poweslave.

It's hard to pick the best of the early albums. For me I used to say NOTB, but over time that became Piece of Mind and then Seventh Son.

In the 90s they went off the boil a bit, but it would have been very difficult to keep that level of consistency. However I think since the reunion there have been great moments. A Matter of Life and Death is just solid front start to finish for me. Probably in my top 5 albums. And the title track from The Book of Souls is also in my top 5 tracks.

Edited by Hasta