BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

11 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Rothwell can actually score and unlock though

This season has been as productive as ever on that front, still not scoring many, but it suits him coming from deep rather than already being well up the pitch I think. Certainly not a natural goal threat but capable of occasional brilliance.

13 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You know who is being played out of position- John buckley!! He isn’t an attacking mid. Dack is an attacking mid

gallagher on the wing in general. There is plentyyyy of players I could give you that are/ have been playing out of position. I don’t get why you want us so rigid and one way of playing that clearly opposition managers have clicked onto now 

Gallagher plays upfront, his inability to find positions centrally or attack the ball there is on him, not the formation. How come Brereton can do it from the other side? 

Buckley has had a good season playing where he is

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Almost as dispiriting as seeing him find endless ways to not get on the receiving end of crosses.

Yep, the problem isn't that he's starting as a wide striker in a front 3, it's the fact that he never attacks the back post. He has shocking instincts for a striker. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yep, the problem isn't that he's starting as a wide striker in a front 3, it's the fact that he never attacks the back post. He has shocking instincts for a striker. 

I am sure if we played a two up front he would be in the box way way more than he is now. 

It's not just that he's way out on the right side, it's also that he's expected to track all the way back down the right side, so he really is pulled a long way away from goal.

Gallagher has been played wide for so long it's no wonder he doesn't have the knack of a target man. I think he was signed as a wide forward anyway so no amount of wishing on the fans part is going to turn him into Danny Graham.

He should be used as a sub and come on centrally to attack balls whipped in when we are chasing games or a winner.  He earns his corn coming on defending from the front and putting it about when we are trying to see out games to be fair.

Starting with him though is often a lost cause and gives the team no balance going forwards. Yet it is something Mowbray has continued and will continue to do because he tries to justify it.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I am sure if we played a two up front he would be in the box way way more than he is now. 

It's not just that he's way out on the right side, it's also that he's expected to track all the way back down the right side, so he really is pulled a long way away from goal.

We pretty much do play 2 upfront though? 

I don't see why tracking back is a problem, in fact his defencive headers are pretty good. It's his positioning and desire to compete for headers offensively with defenders that is his biggest problem. Not his only problem though ,as he's not great technically. Maybe it's confidence, but he needs to be attacking things and hitting shots earlier, cos that's what he is good at. It's him not delivering, rather than the formation that's the issue imo 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gallagher plays upfront, his inability to find positions centrally or attack the ball there is on him, not the formation. How come Brereton can do it from the other side? 

Buckley has had a good season playing where he is

Brereton was gallagher up u til this season and breretons game was always that, look at the highlights of him for forest v Arsenal in the cup. He was a lot closer coming In for his role as gallagher was coming in to be a wide attacker/ occasional defender. Strange signing if that was always mowbrays intention.

signs of madness to do the same thing over and over expecting different results, are you happy with performances since early December or do we need a change? For me it needs to be changed and try get some momentum back 

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Gallagher has been played wide for so long it's no wonder he doesn't have the knack of a target man. I think he was signed as a wide forward anyway so no amount of wishing on the fans part is going to turn him into Danny Graham.

He should be used as a sub and come on centrally to attack balls whipped in when we are chasing games or a winner.  He earns his corn coming on defending from the front and putting it about when we are trying to see out games to be fair.

Starting with him though is often a lost cause and gives the team no balance going forwards. Yet it is something Mowbray has continued and will continue to do because he tries to justify it.

The next time he wins a header in the opposition box will be the first time.

He might be 6'4", but he plays like he's 5'8".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Out for the weekend.

Ankle injury.

Yeah, I was wondering about the new definition of weekend.

It is what we all feared.

And what makes it worse is that-unlike the old days of the 80's-this is the first time we have been in with a shout for 10 years and it doesn't look like the team and its manager has been backed by the owners.

If not this January, when?

Right now, it confirms my own fears that the club is going nowhere with these owners....

I take no joy in that comment either. Nothing would please me like being proven wrong!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

And what makes it worse is that-unlike the old days of the 80's-this is the first time we have been in with a shout for 10 years and it doesn't look like the team and its manager has been backed by the owners.

Right now, it confirms my own fears that the club is never going nowhere with these owners....

I take no joy in that comment either. Nothing would please me like being proven wrong!

I can understand your view but offers were made for players confirmed fee agreed for Dembele.

Money was available surely it's down to the team at Ewood to get the deals done not the owners.

The owners could have cashed in on Nyambe, Lenihen and Rothwell.Could have invited offers for Brererton.Could have sold Phillips for a few quid.

I would love them to sell up but I disagree that they didn't show any ambition.The manager had money that was left unspent.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I can understand your view but offers were made for players confirmed fee agreed for Dembele.

Money was available surely it's down to the team at Ewood to get the deals done not the owners.

The owners could have cashed in on Nyambe, Lenihen and Rothwell.Could have invited offers for Brererton.Could have sold Phillips for a few quid.

I would love them to sell up but I disagree that they didn't show any ambition.The manager had money that was left unspent.

Wasn't this fee agreed based on a Rothwell sale? I think it's very kind to say the owner's are showing ambition after all recent windows. It seems to always be the bare minimum.

4 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Wasn't this fee agreed based on a Rothwell sale? I think it's very kind to say the owner's are showing ambition after all recent windows. It seems to always be the bare minimum.

Pre pandemic money was spent.Even last season 12 players came through the door that's 12 extra wages to pay or contribute towards.

Upon promotion from the league one near 15 million pound was invested in 3 strikers within the space of 12 months added to that you had players coming in on free transfers that were on more money than our highest earners at their previous clubs.

Only Raya and Nuttall sold to counter that cost.

Point me to another team in the league that has spent decent money with selling star players to fund it?Or have parachute payments.

Many on here and other places who have a far better understanding of FFP than myself claim that even with the Arma  and training ground sales we are close to FFP.

The owners are only permitted to put in so much in the cycle and the accounts show they are putting in what they can.

We could have gambled but if we did and missed out on promotion and then had sanctions next season would we blame the owners for that too?

Who said the Dembele deal was reliant on a Rothwell sale? Because the timeline does'nt make it look that way.

No fee was ever agreed for Rothwell.The owners had made their position clear he wasn't for sale 

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Agreed. 6-8 weeks minimum, close to horses mouth as you can get.

You were spot on about Rothwell first, so I’m not doubting this. I posted yesterday about the boot and crutches too which were more than ominous. That could well be that for our play off chances if he’ll only be back for a few matches.

Just goes to reiterate what a shit show of a window it was given the complete lack of goals elsewhere in the side. It was all too obvious and you can’t say TM and the club weren’t warned right up until deadline day.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 19:29, Leonard Venkhater said:

Right now, it confirms my own fears that the club is going nowhere with these owners....

Has it taken you 11 years to come to that conclusion?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where have these vague timeframes come from? Suspect an ankle injury will be a fair few weeks, but where exactly have these timescales come from? @Mellor Rover @callumrovers Not saying you are wrong.

As I say, worrying thing for me here is Mellor broke the Rothwell news last month, so clearly has a line in somewhere. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!