BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he should. 

Well he has too if he wants remain in a job

West Brom are a PL squad. We aren't. I'm not comparing us to them and imo we shouldn't be compare to them

Yes I think we are much better defensively and organised. Ayala on form and playing well. Lenihan good. We have took 5 away points from 3 away against teams I would expect us to challenging for these mid table spots. 

What flip flopping? I've want a change of manager and since Barnsley away game last February. How can I be any clearer? 

But I think we have the squad for a mid table finish. But not a top 6 finish. 

If that was the case, Mowbray would have long since been sacked.

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If that was the case, Mowbray would have long since been sacked.

But Balaji has decided to keep him here for the start of the season. That's could change if results start going badly. I don't know. 

Some people on here. said they look at replacements in the summer. So if that true they clearly thought of a change of manager..

Now if we were to change managers I know the 3 managers I would hope the club would target to replace when a change is done by the club. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Balaji has decided to keep him here for the start of the season. That's could change if results start going badly. I don't know. 

Some people on here. said they look at replacements in the summer. So if that true they clearly thought of a change of manager..

Now if we were to change managers I know the 3 managers I would hope the club would target to replace when a change is done by the club. 

you should be working for the nationals! in 10 years even they can't get communication with the Raos, yet you have a direct line to Balaj himself. 

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

you should be working for the nationals! in 10 years even they can't get communication with the Raos, yet you have a direct line to Balaj himself. 

Why did I say I had direct line to Balaji? 

You would have seen a number of posters like @philiand @J*B say that Balaji owns the club and that Pasha and Babu are in his right hand people. But any manager change is decide by Balaji 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 hours ago, DackDackGoose said:

A few injuries and we'll be using those such as Garrett, Pike, McBride etc. 

Not seen him play but reading a report from one of our pre-season friendlies Garrett sounded quite promising and did well against a decent side (Leeds?). Sounded like a 6ft+ centre mid who enjoyed a tackle. If hes decent ive no problem giving one of our youngers some game time but agree we are short if no-one comes through.

Johnson is back training but that doesnt fill me with any excitement. 

8 hours ago, DackDackGoose said:

Reading the Lincoln forum this new guy plays in CM and only moved to LB there as they were short, eventually doing well. So could be good cover for the middle, we'll see though. 

I've just had a look on a Lincoln forum myself. Some of the comments on there show how far we've fallen....

"If Tayo does go, and I hope he doesn’t, I would want him to do better than Blackburn"

"Very sad to see Tayo leave if this is the case, and I’m surprised he’ll want to go up to the NW rather than Luton tbh"

And my favourite....

"As far as I’m aware, Blackburn are a well run club these days so think it would be a good move for him"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Unusual that we haven’t heard the usual platitudes from Tony today with the only quotes on the back of signing Edun presumably before the disappointment later on 

Is he fed up himself?

I don't see how he can be expecting any sort of backing now to be honest. He himself knows that for our income hes had tremendous backing compared to similar clubs in his entire time here.

He spaffed 12 million on 2 forwards years ago and only recently do we see any green shoots from either. He just about covered that with the sale of Armstrong but that was 4 years in the making nearly. Also he fell out with then nudged out a keeper for 3 million who is now probably worth triple that.

The likes of Downing will have cost over a million in his brief stint here and there are other examples. So he's still in debt to them to the tune of millions on any balance sheet although of course selling a fit Dack would've balanced it.

Pray we don't have to wait another 4 years for him to produce and sell another over 10 million !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Not seen him play but reading a report from one of our pre-season friendlies Garrett sounded quite promising and did well against a decent side (Leeds?). Sounded like a 6ft+ centre mid who enjoyed a tackle. If hes decent ive no problem giving one of our youngers some game time but agree we are short if no-one comes through.

Garrett is class I’ve watched him for the u23 against Everton and Leicester. In both games he was the best on the park. He’s represented England at all age groups until he had a bad injury. I don’t think he’ll be far off the first team by Christmas. Then again he’s got to get past Mowbray and Uranus!

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Unusual that we haven’t heard the usual platitudes from Tony today with the only quotes on the back of signing Edun presumably before the disappointment later on 

Is he fed up himself?

He's sounded fed up all year. He'd have loved a pay-off and could be on his allotment right now rather than having to go into work every day. He'd love to be furloughed on full pay for no work, most people would!

43 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't see how he can be expecting any sort of backing now to be honest. He himself knows that for our income hes had tremendous backing compared to similar clubs in his entire time here.

He spaffed 12 million on 2 forwards years ago and only recently do we see any green shoots from either. He just about covered that with the sale of Armstrong but that was 4 years in the making nearly. Also he fell out with then nudged out a keeper for 3 million who is now probably worth triple that.

The likes of Downing will have cost over a million in his brief stint here and there are other examples. So he's still in debt to them to the tune of millions on any balance sheet although of course selling a fit Dack would've balanced it.

Pray we don't have to wait another 4 years for him to produce and sell another over 10 million !

The last paragraph.  Whaaaat?? I don't want him here for another 6 months never mind 4 years

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Is he fed up himself?

miserable about the biscuit run cutbacks, gone are the M& S chocolate selection now its a nip across the road to Aldi

12 hours ago, Tom said:

Is he fed up himself?

Absolutely spot on! He has never been short coming forward whining or moaning and even trying to offer explanations or apportioning blame into others than himself! His silence alongside the missing maggot is deafening to say the least !

• Like 1

The international break doesn't usually fall now dose it? I.e. straight after the window shutting. Usually he'd have to be doing pre match press conferences within a couple of days so he'd have to face the music straight away. Could he be taking advantage of the break knowing that the next prematch conference is over a week after the window  shuts so he can trot out the "pffft that was ages ago, it is what it is" line

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

West Brom are a PL squad. We aren't. I'm not comparing us to them and imo we shouldn't be compare to them

Not they aren't. They were proven not good enough to be a premier league squad last season and that's why they are in our division.

They are obviously one the best sides in the league but if we have any ambition or belief we can ever get promoted then of course we should be comparing ourselves to them.

West Brom may have scraped a last minute win against Peterborough but in that game it didn't look like two teams from different leagues

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benhben said:

I would have let Johnson go but to be honest, there is a strong case to get him into the team next Saturday.

In these last few games, there has been a whole lot of nothingness in our midfield, Buckley, Clarkson and Rothwell all repeatedly ineffective, with Travis trying (and obviously struggling) to get a grip of the midfield in those games. Johnson would bring some physicality and experience.

14 hours ago, Tom said:

Is he fed up himself?

I think it is fair to assume all is not hunky dory at Rovers.

I get the impression that morale is generally poor among staff.

A number of us thought Mowbray would be through the exit door in days following the home defeat to Bournemouth back in April.

IMO, there is neither rhyme nor reason behind many decisions made at Rovers.

I think there is an air of unpredictability and idiosyncrasy about Rovers and despite having got off to a decent start and the closure of the transfer window, it would not surprise me in the least if we soon saw the departure of Mowbray.   

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

There isnt a game until next Saturday though, aside from a few snippets about the signings, would it be normal for the manager to do an interview in the first week of an international break?

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

A number of us thought Mowbray would be through the exit door in days following the home defeat to Bournemouth back in April.

I think there is an air of unpredictability and idiosyncrasy about Rovers and despite having got off to a decent start and the closure of the transfer window, it would not surprise in the least if we soon saw the departure of Mowbray.   

You say similar on a continuous basis. A stopped clock and all that...

49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think there is an air of unpredictability and idiosyncrasy about Rovers and despite having got off to a decent start and the closure of the transfer window, it would not surprise me in the least if we soon saw the departure of Mowbray.   

I don't get that in the slightest from the players TBH. Surprised, but it looks the opposite. The moral and team spirit is better here than I recall since we went down from the PL. For all that's going on(or not going on) I don't see how anyone could disagree that the moral and team spirit is really excellent. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get that in the slightest from the players TBH. Surprised, but it looks the opposite. The moral and team spirit is better here than I recall since we went down from the PL. For all that's going on(or not going on) I don't see how anyone could disagree that the moral and team spirit is really excellent. 

I agree - feels like morale should be rock bottom but seems the opposite from the performances.

I guess a lot of the kids will be energised that they have a real opportunity to further their careers significantly.

When we get on the wrong end of some results though it might turn quickly though.

That's always been the way with Mowbrays teams. Great when on a run, but really sink in the mire.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I agree - feels like morale should be rock bottom but seems the opposite from the performances.

I guess a lot of the kids will be energised that they have a real opportunity to further their careers significantly.

When we get on the wrong end of some results though it might turn quickly though.

That's always been the way with Mowbrays teams. Great when on a run, but really sink in the mire.

This is it, so I cautiously say what I did! Its the resilience and bouncebackability thats so important and will tell a story 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is it, so I cautiously say what I did! Its the resilience and bouncebackability thats so important and will tell a story 

It's more morale with the non playing staff within the Club that has been at absolute rock bottom I'd say.

A very unhappy and divided camp by all accounts.

No prizes for guessing which 3 or 4 staff have been on the right side of the divide until now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's more morale with the non playing staff within the Club that has been at absolute rock bottom I'd say.

A very unhappy and divided camp by all accounts.

No prizes for guessing which 3 or 4 staff have been on the right side of the divide until now.

Why would the non playing staff be unhappy? Have there been paycuts?