BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Revelation 13:18. “Here is wisdom. Let him who hath understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is 666.”

I don’t think there’s any suggestion that Mowbray is the devil but it’s a noteworthy number page for a prediction.

Any predictions for the page number he leaves on? Could make that happen in an afternoon.

If it gets up to 1000 I’ll have given up any will to continue 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No surprise by this story tbh. I think its clear that there is a power struggle going on at the club between Mowbray and Waggott. over transfers, budgets and etc. 

But they appearing to be blaming Mowbray for the lack of striker signing within the last 3 days of the transfer window, so what the hell went on and why didn't we sign a striker? Was it Mowbray or Waggott who stop it? why didn't we sign the striker who came in from France on the bank holiday Monday? what went on there? 

I think Mowbray won't be here come the end of the November international break if we aren't challenging for top 6. I just hope we have a good candidate to replace him. I know who I would put on my shortlist but does the club know. My Shortlist would be Callum Davidson, Gareth Ainsworth, Steve Cooper, Alex Neil and Neil Harris. I haven't Wilder on that list cos I don't think he would come. Not included Mark Hughes either cos he has been out of club football management for 3 years. 

I feel that we could attract a good manager who could get us challenging for top 6 with a couple of good quality signings. Mowbray has had enough backing now and he massively failed last season to get us close. 

It's the hope that kills you! 🤕🤕

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This.

But, I will still take some joy in Mowbray leaving.

I'll probably even convince myself at some point that they may get it right this time.

They won't though, we will continue with this  shit show until they're gone. 

tbf they got it right last time in signing Mowbraykeven if thay may just have been an happy accident 😅) he couldn't really have done much more in his first couple of seasons, but then the wheels came off and he's bee unable to take us to the next step and it's largely been down to his own doing due to poor tactics/strategies and general management so for the first time in the last 10 years not all blame can be put on the owners! they've allowed him to run the show as he(and his cronies waggot, et...) see fit and they've given them a reasonable transfer budget to work with over recent years and just left them to it for the most part it seems. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Lambert was on paper a good appointment, done quickly with a back room staff too. It didn’t work out, but that’s football and I was feeling quite optimistic at that time that we were beginning to resemble a normal football club again.

Who got that deal done I’ve no idea as we soon reverted back to mean.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No surprise by this story tbh. I think its clear that there is a power struggle going on at the club between Mowbray and Waggott. over transfers, budgets and etc. 

But they appearing to be blaming Mowbray for the lack of striker signing within the last 3 days of the transfer window, so what the hell went on and why didn't we sign a striker? Was it Mowbray or Waggott who stop it? why didn't we sign the striker who came in from France on the bank holiday Monday? what went on there? 

I think Mowbray won't be here come the end of the November international break if we aren't challenging for top 6. I just hope we have a good candidate to replace him. I know who I would put on my shortlist but does the club know. My Shortlist would be Callum Davidson, Gareth Ainsworth, Steve Cooper, Alex Neil and Neil Harris. I haven't Wilder on that list cos I don't think he would come. Not included Mark Hughes either cos he has been out of club football management for 3 years. 

I feel that we could attract a good manager who could get us challenging for top 6 with a couple of good quality signings. Mowbray has had enough backing now and he massively failed last season to get us close. 

I'd add JFH to that shortlist. 

I want Mowbray to go as much as most on here, just for a change from the staleness. However, odds are against him now aren’t they…

If this is true, for him to have best chance of success, he needed backing with a striker. He wasn’t, so chances are he will do worse, not well enough to be backed and is gone at end of season.

The crux: if true, the above is almost inevitable. So why wait another year for the inevitable, malaise set in, watching player contracts run down so assets that could be important for future success with a new manager disappear for free so the job for the next guy in is even harder?

such a frustrating club to support, jeez.

1 minute ago, SamTheShrew said:

I want Mowbray to go as much as most on here, just for a change from the staleness. However, odds are against him now aren’t they…

If this is true, for him to have best chance of success, he needed backing with a striker. He wasn’t, so chances are he will do worse, not well enough to be backed and is gone at end of season.

The crux: if true, the above is almost inevitable. So why wait another year for the inevitable, malaise set in, watching player contracts run down so assets that could be important for future success with a new manager disappear for free so the job for the next guy in is even harder?

such a frustrating club to support, jeez.

I’m convinced that they’re waiting on someone they want. If that were the case then I can see why they’d hang on but not back him….as an owner youd only get rid if:

A) You have someone to replace him.

B) You have someone internally who is better and could do the job at least on an interim basis.

Or 

C) You are emotionally pulled by fan pressure etc - This will never be the case with V’s as they don’t have that connection with the club.

Q - If you knew they were looking to replace him with Chris Wilder at the earliest opportunity would you have allowed him to continue in post until that deal was ready? I think I would.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

A few inconsistencies with what Nixon and everyone else is saying though.

Venky’s are mad at him for not signing a striker, but then they won’t back him because they don’t trust him and he might leave at the end of the season anyway?

So ToMo's contract ends, no wonder he dies not give a toss about the players contracts running down.

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

He is never right anymore, fingers crossed he is on this one.  Just does not sound right though.

I was blocked many moons ago by Nixon. I am no fan of his but if I’m being honest he’s been closer than many on breaking Rovers stuff over the last 12 months.

• Like 1

This Ben Brereton situation alone shiuld be getting Mowbray canned.  Signed for 7 million as an investment, one for the future  We endure two years if a player looking nothing like worth what we oaid for him.  Then BB dies a thrnaround and at keast starts to kook like a footballer.  So the chance for recouping some money looks possible but ToMo & Co.allow him into the last year with no new contract coming.and he'll be off for next to nowt.

On 02/09/2021 at 13:33, Mercer said:

I think it is fair to assume all is not hunky dory at Rovers.

I get the impression that morale is generally poor among staff.

A number of us thought Mowbray would be through the exit door in days following the home defeat to Bournemouth back in April.

IMO, there is neither rhyme nor reason behind many decisions made at Rovers.

I think there is an air of unpredictability and idiosyncrasy about Rovers and despite having got off to a decent start and the closure of the transfer window, it would not surprise me in the least if we soon saw the departure of Mowbray.   

I posted this on Thursday and Nixon posts his story today.

I stand by my Thursday post and think the next Rovers' manager will be either Alex Neil or Chris Wilder and sooner than many on here would think. 

• Like 6

Iv'e been wondering why theres not been any mention of his contract being up this season. Not by the local rag or anyone else outside the fanbase which i found a bit suspicious. 

Now it begins, a bit like the outgoing transfer stuff usually starts...Nixon !

When it was mention by a couple on here they'd heard there'd be a root and branch clear out this summer it looks as if that was right. My opinion on it though at the time was it would be Waggot and Mowbray conducting it not the more popular thought that they'd be the first victims of it.

Well here we are, he survived some of the worst non winning runs in history. Survived being backed as much as possible within limits to have a go at the top end only to keep seeing seasons derailed. And he's still here whilst many have been weeded out not only that hes brought yet another of his pals in.

This folks is the start of the wheels churning in public leading to his new contract. 

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I stand by my Thursday post and think the next Rovers' manager will be either Alex Neil or Chris Wilder and sooner than many on here would think. 

Do you not think Cooper who was at Swansea will be in the running?

Isn't he part of the same agency who we seem to always appoint managers from?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Mowbray and Waggott should be relieved of their duties as soon as possible.  Apart from the transfer window debacle which they may claim they had their hands tied by Venkys, I look at the Brereton situation.  The lad is chosen to play for his country but because of the situation he will need to isolate on his return and miss 3 games.  Having now pi***d off the player and also his country they get FIFA involved and in all probability the lad will get a 2 game ban.  Remember this is a guy we are trying to get to sign a contract extension.  
For one extra missed game, we will probably lose him for nothing because I can’t see him signing an extension.  Instead of forging a relationship with Chile, where we had an opportunity to sell merchandise we have thoroughly upset them.

All down to rank bad management, because they are unable to see the bigger picture.  Can’t see beyond these noses.

I stand to be corrected - but I thought it was an EFL and Premier League decision ?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont forget Suhail too

He was reported trying to sign a player just before deadline off his own bat too, but that fell through

Surely Mowbray must be feeling undermined? We need the trio gone and respected managers brought in

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

tbf they got it right last time in signing Mowbraykeven if thay may just have been an happy accident 😅) he couldn't really have done much more in his first couple of seasons, but then the wheels came off and he's bee unable to take us to the next step and it's largely been down to his own doing due to poor tactics/strategies and general management so for the first time in the last 10 years not all blame can be put on the owners! they've allowed him to run the show as he(and his cronies waggot, et...) see fit and they've given them a reasonable transfer budget to work with over recent years and just left them to it for the most part it seems. 

All blame lies with Venkys.

Mowbray is a clown but he's just a symptom of the disease. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Do you not think Cooper who was at Swansea will be in the running?

Isn't he part of the same agency who we seem to always appoint managers from?

Yes and yes.

But think Cooper is on course for higher things.

If we got Wilder, Cooper or Neil I'd be happy.

If Mowbray were to get canned along with Waggott, Park and Lowe I'll be popping a few bottles of Moët.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Please please wilder.  I would do anything.  Even offer to pick wilder up from his home and drive him here every day.

• Like 2