BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mccarthy at cardiff surely will be getting the boot this week,maybe he can team up with tony and they can form a dream team for some unfortunate side😉

Dream team indeed 😂

0E771888-BE10-406A-ACCD-1F0A09E1F1ED.jpeg

EFB61CFA-E9D1-4F28-8823-CE2004A9D126.jpeg
The dinner ladies 😂

Edited by Dan
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Gav said:

You might like to think that, but its very clear from the players themselves that they're playing for the club and playing for the manager. We are all long enough in the tooth to know when the manager has lost the players, its clear as day thats not the case, in fact I'd go as far as to say they've never been more united under Mowbray. 

The contract situation is down to the owners having turning off the tap, its happened under most mangers throughout Venkys time here, but not on this scale. I'm reliably informed Nyambe is on peanuts for a regular Championship player and the club are reluctant to increase that current deal by much, its a disgrace and down to the owners and the owners only. Waggot was going on about wage structures, does anyone believe Nyambe and Lenihan are asking the club to break a wage structure? 

The transfer window was a shambles because we're skint, the loan market was a shambles because we're skint and we're going to lose 1st team regulars because we're skint.

Skint....with Billionaire owners.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Cardiff sack Mccarthy.  That will be another club taking a good manager.  If wilder goes there i will be furious.  Piss off venkys 

8th defeat, that's nothing. Try being a Rovers fan. How many was it last year when we slumped to 15th?

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

There’s quite a few rumours on Twitter that TM will be gone by next international break. Was wondering if anyone on this forum had heard anything?

Find it so depressing when I can’t even get excited about a win due to a complete lack of faith in the manager. Change is needed!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Cardiff sack Mccarthy.  That will be another club taking a good manager.  If wilder goes there i will be furious.  Piss off venkys 

People said same about Chris Houghton and he had a disaster. Not surprised about McCarthy, Cardiff were awful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

There’s quite a few rumours on Twitter that TM will be gone by next international break. Was wondering if anyone on this forum had heard anything?

Find it so depressing when I can’t even get excited about a win due to a complete lack of faith in the manager. Change is needed!

I can't find a single mention of him going by the next International break, and believe me I've been looking intently. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TruRover said:

Don’t know what you’re seeing on Twitter but I’ve seen nothing of the sort. He’s here till May at least. If he gets a new contract I’ll top myself. 

• Like 1

I think whether he stays or go will be conditional on his performance in the next 3 matches. 

There’s about 7-9 clubs vying for the last 2 playoff spots atm. We could easily find ourselves in one of those spots by the time the international break comes around. We’re facing bottom of the league Derby and an underperform Sheff Utd at home. 

It would be outrageous to sack him when we have the 4th best GD in the league and 1 point away from top 6.

• Like 1

“As I found out in the press conference on Friday, the questions start coming if you don’t win, there’s four you haven’t won in, and people aren’t bothered about the circumstances.. 

Tony tony tony, you won two in seventeen last yr and didn't get a raised eyebrow in your press conferences, let alone a difficult question. 

He's f%cking precious isn't he, another reason he couldn't cope at the top level. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Miker said:

I think whether he stays or go will be conditional on his performance in the next 3 matches. 

There’s about 7-9 clubs vying for the last 2 playoff spots atm. We could easily find ourselves in one of those spots by the time the international break comes around. We’re facing bottom of the league Derby and an underperform Sheff Utd at home. 

It would be outrageous to sack him when we have the 4th best GD in the league and 1 point away from top 6.

Don't think he'll go this season unless we're in imminent danger of going down.

SHOULD he be sacked tomorrow? Hell yeah.

• Like 2

Id love to see that smoggy bozo sacked more than most but I’m just not buying this gone in November stuff. Doesn’t make any sense. If thinking of sacking him then now is the best time with better managers in McCarthy, Bruce and wilder available (I don’t see why we couldn’t get any of those as they’re not getting prem jobs any time soon). If wait for a random international break in November who’s to say anyone will be available then.

Plus from the owners point of view they were happy bumbling around lower mid table last season and the 2 seasons before that, and we’re bumbling around mid table now. We’ve gone on worse death spirals in ever other season than what we’ve managed this season. Compensation isn’t going to change one iota from now to next month. So what’s changed to make them want to sack him now.

My prediction is we’ll bumble to another boring pointless lower mid table finish. His contract will run down to a few weeks left then they’ll think who cares give him another one. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He is as likely to get a new deal as get sacked. We have irrational, ignorant, illogical and unpredictable owners who don't have a clue.

Like I say I don't think either will happen unless we're in imminent danger of going down.

Would that be my personal choice? No but there you are. 

By the end of the season Mowbray will most likely have burnt his way through roughly £100 m of Venky's money to not even finish in the play offs once.

If people think that's an acceptable return, and seemingly some on here think it is, I despair.

• Like 5