BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I spoke with Steve Waggot today after the game. It’s true that TM hasn’t taken any training since the defeat. He’s been in meetings. But he did pick the team - SW said that he was surprised with how attacking it was because “his (TM) job was on the line”

Wouldnt be drawn on it any further. But did provide an update on the soon to be out of contract lot….Interesting. 

Well Mowbray being away from training seems to have done the trick!

Go on, you've gotta say more about the out of contract lot now!

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Well Mowbray being away from training seems to have done the trick!

Go on, you've gotta say more about the out of contract lot now!

They’re expecting Rothwell and Nyambe to sign but Lenihan has turned down a BIG offer and thinks he’ll get a Prem club…SW said anyone who hasn’t signed before Xmas will be sold and replacements are lined up plus pre contracts abroad and in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

They’re expecting Rothwell and Nyambe to sign but Lenihan has turned down a BIG offer and thinks he’ll get a Prem club…SW said anyone who hasn’t signed before Xmas will be sold and replacements are lined up plus pre contracts abroad and in Scotland.

Any elaboration on Mowbray?

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Thanks for the info, Paul. I'm honestly not that bothered about Lenihan leaving. I've wanted him to be replaced for a long time by a proper centre back. It would be good if the other two sign up. Let's see what happens.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mm, I think Lenihan might be disappointed. He’s not Prem standard in my book.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, I think Lenihan might be disappointed. He’s not Prem standard in my book.

SW said he’d told Lenihan the same. Asked all three if they felt they’d get into Fulham’s team…intimated that none of them would before pointing out that as good as Fulham are in the championship they’ll get hammered in the Prem….says the players (Rothwell & Nyambe) want to sign but the agents are deluded.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Thanks for the info, Paul. I'm honestly not that bothered about Lenihan leaving. I've wanted him to be replaced for a long time by a proper centre back. It would be good if the other two sign up. Let's see what happens.

I don’t think SW is either!! 🙈…..though he said the offer to him was “very good”. Said no one would be leaving on a free and we’d be selling any who hadn’t signed.

• Like 1

If it transpires a heavy defeat would have spelt the end of Mowbray then any positivity I feel towards the win has now evaporated. 

Considering Mowbray inherited Williams, mulgrew, lenihan and nyambe as a back 4 and the palaver of ‘defenders are coming’ every bloody window and him still not really improving what Owen bloody coyle left I find it laughable swag reckons they will just replace lenihan and nyambe in spite their delusions of grandeur.

As for Mowbray not taking training it’s no surprise then that was one of the better performances. Next stop Mowbray not taking training and not picking the team which just leaves his sparkling personality to do press conferences. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

thats fair enough,if lenihan somehow gets a premier league club,he`ll spend the time not playing because he`s not good enough to play at the top level

Just now, matt83 said:

If it transpires a heavy defeat would have spelt the end of Mowbray then any positivity I feel towards the win has now evaporated. 

Considering Mowbray inherited Williams, mulgrew, lenihan and nyambe as a back 4 and the palaver of ‘defenders are coming’ every bloody window and him still not really improving what Owen bloody coyle left I find it laughable swag reckons they will just replace lenihan and nyambe in spite their delusions of grandeur.

As for Mowbray not taking training it’s no surprise then that was one of the better performances. Next stop Mowbray not taking training and not picking the team which just leaves his sparkling personality to do press conferences. 

He was interviewed briefly on Radio Lancashire at about 5-55. You’d have though we’d just lost 3-1. He’d talk a glass eye to sleep.

• Like 3

Why do people buy all this shit about people talking to Waggott?

The CEO isn’t going around telling people that he’s about to fire the manager if we don’t win.

There’s also less than zero chance that Rothwell stays. He’s clearly going to Rangers.

Dunno why people lap up these “ITKs” I can’t remember any recently on here that turned out to be correct.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I was told similar a few weeks ago.  Nyambe and Rothwell want out (agent lead); Lenihan was expected to sign but in the last 6 weeks he has changed and wants out.  Rovers are determined to let them go in January so we are able to get some income from them.

• Like 1

If it is true that Waggott is going around telling random fans outside the ground that the manager's job is on the line, I would suggest that doing so is incredibly unprofessional.

I very much doubt that Mowbray's job is indeed on the line sadly, I suppose logic and Venkys dont go hand in hand but why would they sack him when we are 7th when they didn't at the end of a season when we finished 15th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If it is true that Waggott is going around telling random fans outside the ground that the manager's job is on the line, I would suggest that doing so is incredibly unprofessional.

I very much doubt that Mowbray's job is indeed on the line sadly, I suppose logic and Venkys dont go hand in hand but why would they sack him when we are 7th when they didn't at the end of a season when we finished 15th.

It is common knowledge in the Club that Tony is going at the end of this season.

2 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

I was told similar a few weeks ago.  Nyambe and Rothwell want out (agent lead); Lenihan was expected to sign but in the last 6 weeks he has changed and wants out.  Rovers are determined to let them go in January so we are able to get some income from them.

I’ll be shocked if Nymabe and Rothwell sign - the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Always thought Lenihan would resign mainly because I don’t think he is that great. Wouldn’t be distraught if he left but would need replacing.

Nymabe and Rothwell are more important players imo.

9 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I’ll be shocked if Nymabe and Rothwell sign - the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Always thought Lenihan would resign mainly because I don’t think he is that great. Wouldn’t be distraught if he left but would need replacing.

Nymabe and Rothwell are more important players imo.

Agree. Also given Wharton coming back whilst we would be short there at least there are some players (not enough but some) to fill in at cb. RB & Rothwell - no one in the squad to replace them, and imo trickier players to replace too.