BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFC - The Nostalgia Thread

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Six minute highlights. Newly promoted and going toe to toe at Highbury.

🎵Dunny for England🎵

One of the great matches period of the 1st decade of this century in this sport in any competition.  A great memory & great advertisement for the sport as a whole.  I convinced a friend to watch the match with me that day & made us a new supporter.  He jumped off his couch when Dunny went close late for what would have been a sure winner.

Edited by doctorryan
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Six minute highlights. Newly promoted and going toe to toe at Highbury.

🎵Dunny for England🎵

Absolutely brilliant, especially considering we were robbed for the second goal.

"Where would we be without venkys?"

Drawing 3-3 away to the team that won the league, you fucking retard.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Absolutely brilliant, especially considering we were robbed for the second goal.

"Where would we be without venkys?"

Drawing 3-3 away to the team that won the league, you fucking retard.

Being the team that won the league.

• Like 1

When I first started going to the Rovers, I could not see us going up from the second division. Oh how times have changed (said with a hint of sarcasm). 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

When I first started going to the Rovers, I could not see us going up from the second division. Oh how times have changed (said with a hint of sarcasm). 

Back in those days my aspiration was to get to an FA Cup semi final at a neutral ground, I had no expectations beyond that, I didn't even want to get to the final, just a semi final at Villa Park or Hillsborough, that was it. 

Little did we know what was coming rigger, 20yrs+ in the big leagues, winning cups and PLAYING IN EUROPE!

They can't take away our memories. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Even as a Championship side back then, we had it in us to do this. Now, the scum we have beg Liverpool for kids on loan and are proud when one of them agrees to sign.

That was probably the best thing Frandsen did at Rovers, it was certainly the best thing Blake did.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Happy to watch and sad to watch at the same time. I think it was a couple of weeks after this game that there were Tugay masks all around Ewood and pockets of Galatasaray/Turkey fans inside the stadium.

Yeah this was 2 weeks before Tugays final game.

Blackburn End and Darwen End full of home fans. From memory it was the first trial of ‘Taking Back Ewood’ before season tickets were reduced that summer - leading to an average crowd of 25,500 that season… a year later, well, we know who arrived on the scene.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Blackburn End and Darwen End full of home fans. From memory it was the first trial of ‘Taking Back Ewood’ before season tickets were reduced that summer - leading to an average crowd of 25,500 that season… a year later, well, we know who arrived on the scene.

We don't have any fans though, Matty. Relegation was inevitable too. Finished 10th in the Prem in May 2010, reached the semi finals of the League Cup four months earlier, but relegation was inevitable. Aye.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We don't have any fans though, Matty. Relegation was inevitable too. Finished 10th in the Prem in May 2010, reached the semi finals of the League Cup four months earlier, but relegation was inevitable. Aye.

Would he have seen a relegation between 2010 and now?

Probably, always a chance that sides of our size suffer that fate. But like most clubs that go down we’d have had every chance to bounce back, and kept the vast majority of our support in the tent like pretty much every other club does, instead we saw a collapse in gates and a never ending farce on and off the pitch.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Would he have seen a relegation between 2010 and now?

Probably, always a chance that sides of our size suffer that fate. But like most clubs that go down we’d have had every chance to bounce back, and kept the vast majority of our support in the tent like pretty much every other club does, instead we saw a collapse in gates and a never ending farce on and off the pitch.

Agreed. We could have gone down without Venky's turning up, but like most normal clubs there would have been hope of a return and an, erm, actual attempt made to get back up.

It makes me laugh (well, no, it doesn't) hearing some come out with nonsense about us having crap fans and relegation being inevitable. That was not the case in November 2010. How any Rovers fan can utter those words to deflect away from what these tossers have done, is unfathomable to me.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, frosty said:

And that was under Paul Ince!

I had forgot about that! Even better. The fight and desire only left our sides once Big Sam was sacked and we had scum agents doing whatever they wanted.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to BRFC - The Nostalgia Thread
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic