BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I have heard there is and hopefully some serious questions will be asked tonight.

It is time to give it to Waggott properly and demand some proper answers.

That time should have been at every meeting ever held.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have copied Upside Downs excellent post here which has a timeline on the court cases and decisions. I implore somebody from the Fans Forum to take this with them and get an answer and detail from Waggott on every point Upside Down has chronicled. I really think we are entering one of the most critical periods of our recent history (and that's some feat after the last 14 years) and us fans deserve better. And if he does get asked his answers should be minuted for all the fans to read. I believe we are past the point of 'off the record' conversations.

I'm going to post this one more time just so there is no confusion.

On 22nd August 2022 the Foreign Exchange Management (Overseas Investment) Rules were changed.

Rule 10 states that any residents of India that is currently under investigation by an agency of the government (of which the Directorate Of Enforcement is one) must obtain a 'No Objection Certificate' from that agency before being allowed to send funds outside of the country.

Venkys, who have been under investigation by the ED since sometime in 2021, applied for this to be able to send 26 million over. On 6th March 2023 this was rejected by the ED.

The following court cases were venkys fighting this decision.

Two payments have been made since then. The first of 3.54 million on 23rd June 2023, this was after the club had received a threat of winding up from HMRC. The second was for 11.45million. A detailed breakdown of costs was provided for this, 1.8 million allocated to 'agent fees'.

In both cases the ED faught tooth and nail against them being able to send money. The judgement of the court was that an equivalent bond be placed with the ED.

Venkys cannot send anything over without the NOC from the ED. The ED oppose this and that's what the court cases are for.

I firmly believe that this needs to be printed and put under Waggott's nose tonight and an explanation demanded as to why, he has put it out that these is no impediment to them funding.

For those on the forum, don't let us down guys, I know how slipper Waggott is, but this is a factual timeline and he has definitely lied with his response about no impediment existing.

NAIL HIM. 

• Like 8

Assuming the slippery one turns up and the meeting goes ahead it will be the only opportunity that fans or probably anyone outside the club gets to put direct questions to anyone in a senior position at the club. All other lines of communication severed, and it seems requests from local media for interviews being ignored and fobbed off.

I'd suggest it is essential that the above is raised directly with him. If this meeting comes and goes without it being raised or with the usual excuses and 'will look into it' fob off approach then it will be disheartening to say the least.

Tonight is an opportunity to ask questions that genuinely concern the future existence of the football club, Not to discuss the new kits or season ticket sales.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have copied Upside Downs excellent post here which has a timeline on the court cases and decisions. I implore somebody from the Fans Forum to take this with them and get an answer and detail from Waggott on every point Upside Down has chronicled. I really think we are entering one of the most critical periods of our recent history (and that's some feat after the last 14 years) and us fans deserve better. And if he does get asked his answers should be minuted for all the fans to read. I believe we are past the point of 'off the record' conversations.

Would love that but it isn't going to happen.

More chance of Pasha showing up there.

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Would love that but it isn't going to happen.

More chance of Pasha showing up there.

If the questions are put to him he will have to answer them given he has already spoken on the subject (and potentially been economical with the truth). There is no excuse for not doing as most of it is historical and he should know the answers. If I'm being truthful I am more worried about the questions being put to him and if so being fobbed off. It needs a concerted and sustained line of questioning which should be supported by every Fans Forum member in attendance. 

The work has already been done by Upside Down, it just needs somebody to hold Waggott's feet to the fire now.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, lraC said:

Agreed, or what is the point of them.

no point in them unless the parasites are there. can't get my head round how anyone can sit and play nicely with that fat slimy maggot. I would be led out  in cuffs if I attended.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Assuming the slippery one turns up and the meeting goes ahead it will be the only opportunity that fans or probably anyone outside the club gets to put direct questions to anyone in a senior position at the club. All other lines of communication severed, and it seems requests from local media for interviews being ignored and fobbed off.

I'd suggest it is essential that the above is raised directly with him. If this meeting comes and goes without it being raised or with the usual excuses and 'will look into it' fob off approach then it will be disheartening to say the least.

Tonight is an opportunity to ask questions that genuinely concern the future existence of the football club, Not to discuss the new kits or season ticket sales.

local media is a disgrace . elliot said I ask for an interview . Get outside his house and his office , video and if refuses get it shown but oh no the venkygraph are too shit scared.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I'm going to post this one more time just so there is no confusion.

On 22nd August 2022 the Foreign Exchange Management (Overseas Investment) Rules were changed.

Rule 10 states that any residents of India that is currently under investigation by an agency of the government (of which the Directorate Of Enforcement is one) must obtain a 'No Objection Certificate' from that agency before being allowed to send funds outside of the country.

Venkys, who have been under investigation by the ED since sometime in 2021, applied for this to be able to send 26 million over. On 6th March 2023 this was rejected by the ED.

The following court cases were venkys fighting this decision.

Two payments have been made since then. The first of 3.54 million on 23rd June 2023, this was after the club had received a threat of winding up from HMRC. The second was for 11.45million. A detailed breakdown of costs was provided for this, 1.8 million allocated to 'agent fees'.

In both cases the ED faught tooth and nail against them being able to send money. The judgement of the court was that an equivalent bond be placed with the ED.

Venkys cannot send anything over without the NOC from the ED. The ED oppose this and that's what the court cases are for.

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

I'm reminded of the words of the guy who played the Editor of the New York Times Ben Bradlee to Woodward and Bernstein in the Closing Scene of "All the President's Men".

"Nothing's riding on this. Except the first amendment of the Constitution and the freedom of the Press and maybe the future of the Country. Not that any of that matters, but if you **** up again I'm going to get mad"

Substitute the words "The future of Blackburn Rovers Football Club which has been in existence since 1875" and you just about have it.

"I'll look into it" never cuts it even on a relatively trivial matter but especially not so on a matter as crucial as this. If satisfactory answers are not forthcoming tonight as I doubt they will be then the Forum need to demand a separate meeting to discuss the subject in detail.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I am sure there is an element of oh, if we give him too much of a hard time, he will stop these meetings and where will we be in the future.

Remember Waggott has hidden behind dong these instead of the compulsory ones, so go for it tonight and don't hold back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I am sure there is an element of oh, if we give him too much of a hard time, he will stop these meetings and where will we be in the future.

Remember Waggott has hidden behind dong these instead of the compulsory ones, so go for it tonight and don't hold back. 

Exactly

And as  I said after one of the previous meetings when from the minutes it appeared as though there was barely a satisfactory answer given, who cares if he threatens to stop them? If all you're getting are lies or "We'll look into it"  then at that juncture the meetings have become completely pointless anyway.

• Like 4

End of the day even WATR are still not budging from their ‘critical friend’ standpoint despite the club rapidly going down the plug hole, so I think you all need to dial down your expectations to how the FF will be approaching tonight

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mhead2 said:

Maybe a "walk-out" of meeting would be appropriate.

Not that I think it would happen but that would be playing into Waggott's hands. It's simple to me. The normal conventions and rules of the Fans Forum have to be out to one side and the opportunity to quiz him shouldn't be missed. If he won't directly answer the questions then supporters can draw their own conclusions.

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day even WATR are still not budging from their ‘critical friend’ standpoint despite the club rapidly going down the plug hole, so I think you all need to dial down your expectations to how the FF will be approaching tonight

We lack a true representative body willing to ask difficult questions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I'd tip the desk over, tell the fat prick to eff off out our club and make the Derby game waggot out opener . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Not that I think it would happen but that would be playing into Waggott's hands. It's simple to me. The normal conventions and rules of the Fans Forum have to be out to one side and the opportunity to quiz him shouldn't be missed. If he won't directly answer the questions then supporters can draw their own conclusions.

Not that it would ever happen but I'm not sure how it being reported that the FF walked out because they weren't satisfied with the answers they were getting from the Club would reflect well on Waggott or "play into his hands".

I'm anticipating that the extent of the "inquisition" tonight will be a comment from Waggott that the Club are hoping the Court will follow the precedent set when they allowed a transfer of funds previously at which point everyone will nod and murmur appreciatively in agreement before moving on to the next agenda item.

Hoping to be proved wrong.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Will there be any feedback tonight? Appreciate that minutes are made but we could do with some immediate feedback on the main issues as soon as possible rather than waiting a week.

Agreed, I mentioned being palmed off by "Maggott and Co" but we could also do with having some immediate information from whoever it is representing us rather than "It will be posted in a few days". 

Suppose, if that response is received then we know there has been no real answers provided (like it was last time). 

Can someone ask Waggott about this link I found earlier today: - 

https://www.walmsleywilkinson.com/news-and-insights/inspiring-leaders-interviews/inspiring-leaders-steve-waggott-ceo-blackburn-rovers/#:~:text=Currently CEO at Blackburn Rovers,and assistant manager Mark Venus.

Specifically "What five words best describe you?" ... Answers being "Focused, empathetic, hard-working, loyal, transparent" because we're witnessing the complete polar opposite!!! Joker.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Will there be any feedback tonight? Appreciate that minutes are made but we could do with some immediate feedback on the main issues as soon as possible rather than waiting a week.

Unlikely I would say.

Probably say a load of stuff "off the record" which they won't be allowed to repeat.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

rather than speculating for a week.

• Like 1