BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yeah, which we do and I have done.

The meeting was only last night and I was on here at the crack of dawn answering questions to be fair.

Appreciate you sharing mate.

I have a question, if you're able/allowed to answer it of course!

You mentioned that we apparently are going to have a transfer budget - am I right to assume that this would be after the court date in August?

Edited by TheRevAshton

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The meeting was only last night and I was on here at the crack of dawn answering questions to be fair.

From what I can gather from all posts : Steve Waggot was there, some questions were asked, nothing has changed, wait for the (edited) minutes.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Appreciate you sharing mate.

I have a question, if you're able/allowed to answer it of course!

You mentioned that we apparently are going to have a transfer budget - am I right to assume that this would be after the court date in August?

Nah, it’s a budget for now.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, rigger said:

From what I can gather from all posts : Steve Waggot was there, some questions were asked, nothing has changed, wait for the (edited) minutes.

Probably fair enough, though it’s hardly like anything juicy will be omitted from the minutes at the request of the club, tbf.

7 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

When will the club furnish the plebs with minutes from the forum? Is it normally quite quick? 

The minutes come out anything from a couple of days after the meeting up to two weeks later. Firstly it depends on how  quickly I can write them. I try to be as quick as I can but often life gets in the way. Then the attendees from the club (and there have been quite a few recently) get to check them for any errors or clarifications. This can take a while especially in close season when holidays intervene. Then I give Forum members a day or so to do the same on the final version before they get published on the club website.

I will pre-empt any questions about what gets changed by saying that amendments by the club tend to be corrections of fact, amendment of typos etc rather than complete re-writes. One thing I can say about the current management team is that almost nothing of consequence is changed from my initial words. There is hardly anything changed in comparison to John Williams’ days when he would take out whole chunks that he decided he didn’t want to make public.

I wasn’t at the meeting last night so I can’t comment on this set of minutes. Back to enjoying a gorgeous day on a Cornish beach.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Probably fair enough, though it’s hardly like anything juicy will be omitted from the minutes at the request of the club, tbf.

Does that mean no juicy questions where asked, or are the club happy with the minutes because they are giving honest and full answers, to the juicy questions posed ?

6 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The minutes come out anything from a couple of days after the meeting up to two weeks later. Firstly it depends on how  quickly I can write them. I try to be as quick as I can but often life gets in the way. Then the attendees from the club (and there have been quite a few recently) get to check them for any errors or clarifications. This can take a while especially in close season when holidays intervene. Then I give Forum members a day or so to do the same on the final version before they get published on the club website.

I will pre-empt any questions about what gets changed by saying that amendments by the club tend to be corrections of fact, amendment of typos etc rather than complete re-writes. One thing I can say about the current management team is that almost nothing of consequence is changed from my initial words. There is hardly anything changed in comparison to John Williams’ days when he would take out whole chunks that he decided he didn’t want to make public.

I wasn’t at the meeting last night so I can’t comment on this set of minutes. Back to enjoying a gorgeous day on a Cornish beach.

Thanks, and enjoy the beach👍

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, rigger said:

Does that mean no juicy questions where asked, or are the club happy with the minutes because they are giving honest and full answers, to the juicy questions posed ?

It means exactly what I said it means, it’s not one to overthink.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It means exactly what I said it means, it’s not one to overthink.

What I took from your answer, is that no juicy questions where asked, so the club are happy not to edit much in the minutes. I may have understood wrongly.

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, rigger said:

What I took from your answer, is that no juicy questions where asked, so the club are happy not to edit much in the minutes. I may have understood wrongly.

Take it how you like, I suppose, that’s up to you. I thought I was pretty clear, I guess not clear enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

With some of the attitudes before and after the meeting from members on here towards the forum, myself and other forum members could easily have told people they have to wait for the minutes quite frankly. 

If this is at all in reference to comments I made last night, then I’m happy to apologise for offence that was caused but I did couch that it’s clearly not all who participate that I feel that about. A select few and based on what’s made publicly available.

I recognise that it’s a somewhat thankless task. I also recognise you’ve offered your seat to anyone on here who wants to represent the site. I feel someone representing the site should be of long-standing and fairly deep integration with BRFCS, which would definitely preclude me.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I gave some information before I went to work at 6am this morning and I’ve had a really busy day in the office, so I can’t spare all the information everyone wants immediately, I’m afraid.

With some of the attitudes before and after the meeting from members on here towards the forum, myself and other forum members could easily have told people they have to wait for the minutes quite frankly. 

You don't need to be prickly about it. All anyone wants is an indication from the minutes that Waggott was given a good grilling about the overall financial situation and the 20th of August hearing and was pulled up if he was being obviously economical with the truth or evasive with his answers.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Doogs said:

How long do the minutes normally take?

That’s a bit of a “how long is a piece of string” question. I used to take minutes of meetings as part of my job and many of those were somewhat more contentious than these, so that experience helps. But it can take the best part of a day and because I might have other things to do that could last over a few days. At other times I might be able to finish in a few hours. Hence my comment above that I can’t predict exactly when a given set of minutes can be completed and published.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Next time would it not be easier to stick a recorder in your pocket and release an audio file on here so we don't have to wait for you to finish your morning brew to find out what was said?

• Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Next time would it not be easier to stick a recorder in your pocket and release an audio file on here so we don't have to wait for you to finish your morning brew to find out what was said?

You’re up next quarter, Islander. I want you to go on behalf of BRFCS, in your spare time, ask a question on behalf of every member that submits one, record the meeting and have it posted on here first thing the following morning as well as being available for a Q&A throughout the day for everyone. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, J*B said:

You’re up next quarter, Islander. I want you to go on behalf of BRFCS, in your spare time, ask a question on behalf of every member that submits one, record the meeting and have it posted on here first thing the following morning as well as being available for a Q&A throughout the day for everyone. 

My post was in jest.

Iv never criticised anybody who gives up their spare time for things like this.Check my posting history on this forum if you don't believe me.

The only time I may have been a little critical was when that meet up with the players happened and things where said that couldn't be shared with the rest of us 

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

That’s a bit of a “how long is a piece of string” question. I used to take minutes of meetings as part of my job and many of those were somewhat more contentious than these, so that experience helps. But it can take the best part of a day and because I might have other things to do that could last over a few days. At other times I might be able to finish in a few hours. Hence my comment above that I can’t predict exactly when a given set of minutes can be completed and published.

Show off 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Thanks for asking your questions yesterday and answering questions today

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

did maggot get asked to resign or put him and pasharse under any pressure that with the right social media boil over against derby or was it smoke up arses?

I take it a no then 

• Downvote 1

• Moderation Lead
13 hours ago, ABBEY said:

I take it a no then 

Aware that you want the minutes to read something like:

’KH, when standing up for the message board, ran across the table and gave SW a right hook across the face and shouted Venky’s Out’.

That didn’t happen though.
(Not just because I attended the meeting remotely 😅). I did challenge our CEO as soon as questions were open and if the minutes don’t convey what I said, I’ll be happy to expand on them.

• Like 3